Ospyran Champions (New Sub-Race)

Discussion in 'Rune Ideas and Suggestions' started by Xirone, Oct 25, 2014.

1. Xirone

Xirone I need me some PIE!

Currently, KF has access to Ospryan Valkyrie and Jek, The Silver General. Wouldn't it be great if the Ospryans were made into a sub-theme? In my mind, I think the answer is yes! Here are some possibilities...

Ospryan WindMage
    Faction: K'thir Forest | Rarity: Rare
    Race: Beast, Ospryan | Class: Mage | Size: Small
    Artwork: A flying Ospryan wears a dark robe and holds a shimmering staff. On the tip of the staff is a large clear globe, which contains a dark cloud and lightning.
    Flavor-Text: "I will strike them down with a flash and the thunder will be our victory cry."
    Nora Cost: Standard Costing Formula

Champion Stats
    DMG: 10 | SPD: 6 | RNG: 5-6 | DEF: 0 | HP: 42
    Champion Abilities
    Attack: Electricity (0 nora) | Iron Will (2 nora) | Flight (6 nora) | Wind Mastery** (10 nora)
    Upgrade Path 1
    Lightning Storm 1 (8 nora) | Lightning Storm 2 (10 nora) | Lightning Storm 3 (12 nora)
    Upgrade Path 2
    Gale (15 nora) | Knockback 3 (8 nora) | Repulsion (8 nora)
    **Wind Mastery- Friendly champion within 4 spaces of this unit gain Flight for 2 turns. If an affected champion already has flight, it gains Aerial Supremacy for 2 turns instead. CD: 3, AP: 4

Ospryan Harpy
    Faction: K'thir Forest | Rarity: Common
    Race: Beast, Ospryan | Class: Rogue | Size: Small
    Artwork: A small female Ospryan, standing in a high-perched nest, is visibly angry and only partially dressed.
    Flavor-Text: "Be wary in these lands and show due respect. The Harpies are not our friends and only barely our allies."

Champion Stats
    DMG: 8 | SPD: 6 | RNG: 1 | DEF: 0 | HP: 44
    Champion Abilities
    Attack: Physical (0 nora) | Dodge 1 (8 nora) | Flight (6 nora) | Territorial (8 nora)
    Upgrade Path 1
    Confuse (8 nora) | Confuse Attacker (6 nora) | Confuse Enemy (6 nora)
    Upgrade Path 2
    Assimilate (4 nora) | Combo Attack: Drain (6 nora) | Omnivore (6 nora)

Ospryan NestGuard
    Faction: K'thir Forest | Rarity: Uncommon
    Race: Beast, Ospryan | Class: Brute | Size: Small
    Artwork: A small Ospryan is rebuilding a destroyed nest. One egg is broken but the others appear intact.
    Flavor-Text: The Ospryans were once on the brink of extinction. It is the duty of the NestGuards to protect the future.

Champion Stats
    DMG: 8 | SPD: 6 | RNG: 2-4 | DEF: 2 | HP: 44
    Champion Abilities
    Attack: Net (2 nora) | Flight (6 nora) | Relocate: Relic (4 nora) | Mason 2 (6 nora)
    Upgrade Path 1
    Tough 1 (6 nora) | Tough 2 (9 nora)
    Upgrade Path 2
    Command: Block (4 nora) | Command: Dodge (6 nora)

Ospryan SkyLancer

Race: Beast, Ospryan | Class: Knight | Size: Small
    Artwork: A proud Ospryan, with a lance in hand, has skewered a dragoleech. The Ospryan wears yellow armor which matches the color of the sun overhead.
    Flavor-Text: "Though it seems cruel, rending the wings of our foes useless is our specialty."

Champion Stats
    DMG: 12 | SPD: 7 | RNG: 1-2 | DEF: 2 | HP: 48
    Champion Abilities
    Attack: Physical (0 nora) | Fearless (2 nora) | Flight (6 nora) | Lift (2 nora) | Quest: Damage (10 nora)
    Upgrade Path 1
    Skylancer 1 (4 nora) | Skylancer 2 (6 nora) | Skylancer 3 (8 nora)
    Upgrade Path 2
    Evasive 1 (3 nora) | Evasive 2 (5 nora) | Evasive 3 (7 nora)

Last edited: Oct 25, 2014
    Ohmin, Poxlife, Tweek516 and 5 others like this.
  2. Xirone

Their back story could be that they are a matriarchal society that was once almost extinct. Their numbers started to grow once they allied themselves with K'thir. Females are somewhat common but males are rare. They fight to protect one another and rebuild their numbers.

@Cinder405 gave me the idea of an Ospryan sub-theme. Thoughts?

Woffleet likes this.
  3. chickenpox2

chickenpox2 I need me some PIE!

I like it
    For Windmage remove gale it is too strong give wind aura instead
    Wind mastery looks cool but remember osprey got race: beast so they can easily get beast boost 3 so if you stack AS with boost they will get huge damage and defence boost
    same with sky lancer 30% dmg boost on top of 12 dmg is very strong
    12+3 (boost)+ 2 (AS) + 30% (SL) = 20 dmg
    romove territorial from harpy and give it fury

Last edited: Oct 25, 2014
  4. Pixyrus

Pixyrus Forum Royalty

Ospryan Bloodfiend
    Faction: K'thir Forest
    Rarity: Exotic
    Race: Beast, Ospryan
    Class: Warrior
    Artwork: An Ospryan using it's sharp talons to attack a Voil, it has a chest plate and a mace on it's back. It has blood dripping from it's sharp beak.
    Flavour Text: "It's lust for battle is far greater than anything we've ever seen. I pity the Voil that tries to pick a fight with a Bloodfiend." - Jek, the Silver General
    Nora Cost: 75-85
    Deck Limit: 2
    Size: 1x1

Stats
    Damage: 9
    Speed: 6
    Range: 1-2
    Defence: 2
    HP: 43

Base Abilities
    Attack: Physical
    Blood Rage
    Thirst for Battle
    Talon Strike - This champion makes a Physical attack, at it's range. If this ability kills the champion, it's CD is set to 0 and all Ospryan's gain +1 damage permanently. [CD: 3] [AP: 3]

Upgrade Path 1
    Life Siphon
    Berserker 2
    Fury

Upgrade Path 2
    Bulwark: Ospryan
    Windstriker
    Rend 3

EDIT: Just read Xirone's back story... Maybe this isn't the best idea then. ;)

Last edited: Oct 26, 2014
    SaintKiwi likes this.
  5. SaintKiwi

SaintKiwi I need me some PIE!

Hunter flying = wind striker.
    I don't like rend or berserker as upgrade options.
    The stats are meh and I think a bloodfiend should have life siphon or something.

6. Pixyrus

Pixyrus Forum Royalty

Dropped Berserker 1 and replaced it with Life Siphon. Dropped Hunter: Flying and replaced it with Winstriker. I made it's stats "meh" because, he has Thirst for Battle (which will increase his Damage/Defence) and he also has Bulwark: Ospryan as a way of adding more HP. Once you factor in those variables, then his stats don't look to shabby any more. ;)

7. SaintKiwi

SaintKiwi I need me some PIE!

I endorse this.

Leadrz, Poxlife, Xirone and 1 other person like this.
  8. Krakuar198

Krakuar198 Well-Known Member

I have been waiting forever for someone to come up with something like this. I love this idea and if this happens my Jek will finally have theme besides beasts.

Xirone likes this.
  9. soulmilk

soulmilk I need me some PIE!

Hmm, kind of strange Jek is a split rune when both Jek's and the Valkyrie's flavor text mentions K'thir.

Xirone likes this.
  10. Lushiris

Lushiris I need me some PIE!

As a ST player I hate letting go of a hero, but he feels a lot more like a KF champion(he'd have to lose 1 spd though lol).

And to the OP, amazing ideas man, I'm also a fan of this mini mini theme(as of now), and all ideas in the thread are awesome too.

Xirone likes this.
  11. Xirone

An interesting champ indeed!

Pixyrus likes this.
  12. Xirone

A good bump is hard to find.

13. PublicLewdness

PublicLewdness New Member

I wondered why they had Jek and the Ospryan valkryie, but nothing beyond that for Ospryans. Seems like the perfect thing to add.

Xirone and Woffleet like this.
  14. PublicLewdness

PublicLewdness New Member

Ospryan Keeper
    Race: Beast, Ospryan | Class: Wizard | Size: Small
    Flavor-Text: "Ospryan keepers have kept their history and culture safe within their vast collections of scrolls and books. They found the magic tomes to be useful in protecting their trove of knowledge."
    Nora Cost: (not familiar with nora cost calculation) 80ish?

Champion Stats
    DMG: 10 | SPD: 6 | RNG: 4-5 | DEF: 0 | HP: 40
    Champion Abilities
    Attack: Magic | Flight | Counterspell mastery
    Upgrade Path 1
    Improve: Damage |Grant: Evasive Maneuvers(3)* | Improve: Speed
    Upgrade Path 2
    Attack Charged (2) | Deploy Charged (1) | Abuse Charged (2)

*Grant applies for 2 turns
    *Evasive Maneuvers(3): flying creature gains evasive (3) and reflexes (3). The creature loses this bonus if it is grounded or otherwise loses flying. Skystriker

Wanted to have something that was unique to Ospyrans, and thinking about them as the air superiority types, I decided that Evasive Maneuvers was something like that. They dominate the air, but if they get grounded, they are vulnerable. Might call it something else, like Ospyran Agility.

This champion, on the other hand, is all about support. Keepers don't risk their knowledge on the front lines, so they support the Ospyrans by negating enemy spells and providing support.

15. chickenpox2

chickenpox2 I need me some PIE!

I don't want to say this but they have slow speeds on purpose if they all had 8 speed they be OPhas hell. I would suggest to @Xirone to give some of them 5 speed cause 6 speed is really fast for KF

16. gamengamenut

gamengamenut I need me some PIE!

Ospryan Gravitor
    Faction: K'thir Forest/Savage Tundra | Rarity: Exotic
    Race: Beast, Ospryan | Class: Warrior | Size: Large
    Flavor-Text: "Some Ospryan have lost their gift of flight, perhaps a curse, but to the Gravitors it is anything but one."
    Artwork: A huge Ospryan with heavy armour watching the skies, The wings are small in comparison to it's body. Has a shimmering two-handed war hammer on his back.
    Nora Cost: 78-90

Champion Stats
    DMG: 12 | SPD: 6 | RNG: 1 | DEF: 2 | HP: 53
    Champion Abilities
    Attack: Physical | Gravity stike* | Groundstriker
    Upgrade Path 1
    tough (1) | tough (2) | tough (3)
    Upgrade Path 2
    Gravity well | Gravite feedback** | resilient

* - activated ability, deals 65% of damage, targeted champion loses flying and gains grounded for 3 turns, deals +4 damage if the champion loses flying.
    ** - when this champion is hit by a basic attack, the attacking champion is grounded, if they were flying before they were grounded, the attacking champion takes 5 damage.

17. Ohmin

Ohmin Forum Royalty

2 Things:

1. I've wanted more Ospryians for quite some time, so I'm happy to see more (and more prominent) people pushing for more, especially with more or less interesting designs.

2. How does a Harpy not have Screech? Should at least have Attack: Sonic.

soulmilk and Xirone like this.