Overcosted, sandbagged, or just plain bad fw runes

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by mw24, Mar 27, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. WhatTheHex

WhatTheHex The King of Potatoes

So it seams that the spirit of polltroy lives on.

2. mw24

mw24 I need me some PIE!

yeah because fw is kf.

last time I checked any average limited player who takes a few weeks to learn kf can maintain top 10 with it.(halfgod, myself, karmavore, any other decent limited who feels like playing kf)

most limited players cant even maintain top 200 with the majority of fw's themes and 100 nora cost champs.

KF's bonus is so powerful it makes tortuns almost not bad. fw doesn't even have a real bonus lmao.

3. themacca

themacca Master of Challenges

you're comparing the wrong things here, im pretty sure he's suggesting you have the same obnoxious personality as poll

4. mw24

mw24 I need me some PIE!

5. mw24

mw24 I need me some PIE!

why is festering wounds still 45 nora, why cant plague be cast on an enemy champ, is decay working properly yet?

why did sokolov kill foul rite bg? why does wake the dead and haunt no longer spawn champions? fw keeps getting kicked while its down.

how am I supposed to play death benefit without wake the dead and haunt, wtf.

6. potatonuts

potatonuts I need me some PIE!

MW you don't seem to have been so active recently and the last couple of days i've seen a lot of this kind of talk from you. Since you became less active most of these runes you want to see changed have been discussed in the FW forums, most of which at great length. You are more than welcome to come and voice your opinion there, we are constantly discussing our 'problem runes' and what we think is the best way to deal with them which has lead to some nice changes lately.

I think that when you present your opinion in these kind of posts or constantly spam the chat lobby with your reasons for thinking FW sucks people tend not to take you seriously and you get a lot of negative replies which prevents anything constructive coming from it.

7. mw24

mw24 I need me some PIE!

The new utterdark fadewhisp is awesome, the devs did a great job with that. He needs a third upgrade ability option though on his 2nd line. fw has 2 decent ranged champs now(dead fairy and utterdark fadewhisp)

8. claydude5

claydude5 The King of Potatoes

The others I agree with but you are flat out wrong on these.
    Corrupter hasn't seen high level play in over a year.
    Toll Taker is garbage of the highest level.
    Tomb lord is extremely overcosted and is never run over tormented priest.
    Follower is not auto in witches, it is merely run occasionally for cheap coven.
    Thrall is only ever played by tiny, and even he has stopped autoincluding it.
    Crossbone is a joke of a rune compared to utterdark fadewisp.

9. mw24

mw24 I need me some PIE!

I think tomb lord and tormented both suck but I run tomb lord because surge, summon, and because tormented only has 40 hp and 0 def.

lol at that tolltaker comment rofl.

Last edited: Mar 28, 2015
  10. claydude5

Tomb Lord used to be good because he had the only Level 3 boost, which increased speed, as well as having Inspire + Surge 2. Then SOE took over but he could still Surge + Inspire, but boost lost its speed bonus. Then Revamp happened, he could not longer run both, and is stuck with only the first 2 levels of summon skeleton. In addition he has jumped around in nora costs and sits at an absurd 83 or so right now.

11. mw24

mw24 I need me some PIE!

A lot of the runes on my list are like that or worse.

12. Mausini

Mausini I need me some PIE!

2 decent ranged units...

• Rip Witch (Range 6, Deep Wounds, Rapid, PS 2 for 81 nora) One of the most scary ranged dd's I know. Meta, META, MEEETAAAAA!
    • Whispergast (Range 6 Shadestrike with relocate and Distract or more damage). He is so good. Shuts down a good part of your opponents deck.
    • Stiched Shaman (70 nora, Deconstruct / Recostruct) He is a nice include for finishing blowes outside of a stiched deck.. Very viable.
    • Skeletal Rifelman (Black Death, Vulnerable vor 72! nora or expensive for 8 speed deploys) Boostable 7 range powerturner
    • Mysian Lamia (Sentinel, Soultap) range 5 sentinal with area denial and backloaded nora discount. Her real nora costs are in the low 70 if played right. She is perfectly balanced from my point of view. I love her.
    • Meleficia (Dark Healing, Dark Favor) 67 nora.... 67!!! for a 11 damage range 5 champ with a aditional lol attack and a seriously good counter ability vs several prot factions. VERY DECENT "irony off"
    All of them are very solid and balanced ranged champs. I would and do run all of them, they are just great.

You don't demand balance, you demand straight op stuff.
    I understand that people ask for buffs of their favorite factions but what you are doing is out of control and is damaging your reputation.

13. claydude5

Literally only maleficia you listed is run in meta. Rip witch is only run in witches because of how squishy and expensive she is. Stiched shaman is not useful outside stitched. Whisperghast is only run in spirits. Skeletal rifleman isn't even run in skeles usually. Mysian lamia is not run period. Perhaps you should have made a better list if you wanted to talk about how "strong" fw ranged units are.

14. Vote Kanye 2020

Vote Kanye 2020 Better-Known Member

Just because they are not run in meta, does not mean they are not meta capable. Theres a bunch of FW runes rarely see play even though they are ridiculously strong.

15. Faust

Faust Devotee of the Blood Owl

Fallen Draksar - split rune PLZ !

16. Mausini

hmm. Rip Witch has the same def, same range, 4 more hp, less speed but far, faaaar more killing power. How is Rip Witch be more squishy?
    How can Dead Fairy be meta but Rip Witch not? They have more or less the same nora costs too.

Not my fault. Range 6 Shadestrike, Distract and Relocate is a very good combo. He is cheap too.

Yes, thank god!
    Just think about her in the background with Sentinel and all that cheap meat in front of her, no way to get her down with melee champs because of SS. And sentinel applying Soultap on multiple champs and all the nora you would gain...

You are right. She is unrunnable. Do not include her in your decks. Not worth it!

17. avichaif

avichaif Devotee of the Blood Owl

I am sorry but I think a lot of leg units cost now too much in all panctions,
    Serkan, Lich Master really need a buff back to be Lich Master

18. mw24

mw24 I need me some PIE!

pretty much all the champs you listed suck in mixed bgs or even in their theme. Just because you can get away with running whatever in lower ranks doesn't mean it's not bad.(or even really bad)

Ive been playing skeletons and liches recently, not in limited though, lmao.

19. mw24

mw24 I need me some PIE!

This isn't true at all, no other faction has nearly as many shoebox legend, exo, hero, and just champions runes in general. FW champions are in a pitiful state as a whole even though they can make decent bgs with the small pool of champs that are runnable.

20. Mausini

Your reply has zero substance except being offensive. But what did I expect?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.