Overpowered LE Runes

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by doubtofbuddha, Aug 30, 2015.

1. doubtofbuddha

doubtofbuddha I need me some PIE!

Haunting Spirit
    Furbull Pup

Why are these runes still allowed to exist as they are? They are both very powerful, give a strong advantage to those who have access to them, and are extremely unavailable to the general population. These, and other runes like them, should either be made more available, made into less of a wrecking ball, or, best of all, both.

What do you say @Sokolov @Senshu?

2. EnigmaXIII

EnigmaXIII I need me some PIE!

Dont forget fan faire :D

Netherzen, Pattn199, Qucas and 4 others like this.
  3. damnfoolishyeti

damnfoolishyeti I need me some PIE!

Do you really believe legendary versions of these runes are the solution?

4. doubtofbuddha

No. I believe fixing them is the solution.

SaintKiwi, Netherzen, Qucas and 2 others like this.
  5. mw24

mw24 I need me some PIE!

haunting spirit sucks now(they shoeboxed it because I was using it, literally), baby furbull is obviously way too cheap. I have told them this several times but I don't think they will change it until people start complaining that I am beating them with it.

Harbs are also overpowered/unfair. Also nerf IS.(and moonlit fae/aurora inspector)

6. Sokolov

Sokolov The One True Cactuar Octopi

Do you think they are overpowered for their cost? Or are they problematic due to their nature?

By that I mean, let's say we increase both rune's cost by 10 nora, does that fix them or is it more that they are cheap enough to double deploy in many situations?

Haunting Spirit has recently been hit by cost increases and the change to Incorporeal, so I am not sure it really needs another hit. Baby Furbull could probably use a +10 nora increase and be fine.

7. Markoth

Markoth Lord Inquisitor

I dont mind Haunting Spirit much anymore though they can be annoying. Baby Furbull is likely too cheap.

8. themacca

themacca Master of Challenges

Baby furbull is a 63 nora unit that costs 31 and requires u to wait a few turns. as long as it costs anything below 50 people are just gonna keep exploiting it for a massive efficiency buff so please just make it cost 63 nora so that way that crap gets out of the game.

9. doubtofbuddha

Part of the problem with Haunting Spirit is its interaction with Insubstantiate and the other part is the simple fact that some themes just really don't have a ton of access to magic damage.

For Insubstantiate it basically makes the room perma-stealthed unless you drag it all the way back into range of a detection unit or you happen to bump into it. It then becomes stealthed again automatically, "permanently" and with no cost.

The other problem is that it is perma-incorporeal so even themes with plenty of alt damage have a lot of trouble dealing with it. I mean a 12 alt-damage unit needs to hit it 10 times to kill it, all the while it is plugging away doing its 6 AOE damage.

The baby furbull is basically 30 nora gen, as you are paying half cost for a 61 point unit, in exchange for an extremely small tempo hit.

Sirius likes this.
  10. KingJad

KingJad I need me some PIE!

no reason incorporeal should give such a large discount. It makes your basic attack unusable but you pretty much can't be damaged because that 25% damage you deal is worthless. Why are champs becoming 7 nora cheaper having this? I'd say +10 on furball but nothing more. Its not runnable at any higher cost because its deployed with less speed and has the potential to be killed before it becomes the actual champ. It would be a decent tempo hit with a 10 nora modifier and making it 63 to match the furbull is silly, unless you are purposely making runes shoebox.

11. doubtofbuddha

Yeah. The Haunting Spirit is getting a discount for being a ghost, but for a unit like it, it is pure advantage. Oh no! It is losing out on a basic attack it doesn't even have. It is double dipping in discounts and it is making it way cheaper than it should be.

12. mw24

mw24 I need me some PIE!

lmao.

13. mw24

mw24 I need me some PIE!

the problem is ghost and the stealthing ability. haunting spirit itself sucks.

way cheaper than it should be??? how much do you think it should cost? wtf? it's already bad o_O.

Last edited: Aug 30, 2015
  14. KingJad

KingJad I need me some PIE!

Use your big boy words. Incorporeal is not worth a -7 nora discount. Not to mention all champs with the ability have a basic attack.

15. Sokolov

Ghost costs 8 nora, and Haunting Spirit has a positive nora modifier.

yobanchi and Lushiris like this.
  16. themacca

yeah guys just a heads up. ethereal is a negative modifier not ghost it's like nearly 10 can't remember exactly.

Edit: Sok stole my moment

17. SPiEkY

SPiEkY King of Jesters

18. Sokolov

Incorporeal is a condition, not an ability, and there is no -7 nora cost associated with the condition.

Ethereal is a -6 nora ability, and the champions it is on either pay for DMG, an attack and/or it has a positive modifier to negate cost discount.

In either case, the ability Haunting Spirit has is Ghost and costs 8 nora.

themacca likes this.
  19. Sokolov

So... nerf targets are:
    • Insubstantiate
    • Sonic Aura 3

yobanchi, Karmavore and doubtofbuddha like this.
  20. themacca

let's not

Netherzen likes this.