paladins budget

Discussion in 'Ironfist Stronghold' started by xplint, Aug 12, 2014.

1. xplint

xplint I need me some PIE!

hi.i have 300k poxbox points and i was wondering what is a nice cheap paladins i can build. ofc cant get angels but maybe others like charger knight euan and if there is in poxbox, cardinal .
    thx :)

2. Rapidice

Rapidice I need me some PIE!

This is a cheap paladin BG. I tried to keep it really cheap, and still cover all bases (detection, anti-equipment, alt damage, powerturns, CC)

http://poxbase.com/deck/C4Kc6nc5jC8WChyChtChuCgaCi5s4Bs7=s1Ms1Ysls4Gs7Hs6MsPs2drHrYe1ue1v

Scarlets and Sharpshooters are your main ranged units, despite not being paladins. Also Sharpshooter brings Detection, and can almost one round a champ with Aim + Strip Armor.

Spells are the tipycal lineup for paladins, Burning Crusade to counter perseverance.

Cheap tanks with Vengeant Knights and Axeman. Militia is more of a CC champ (I like to run him with antagonize). Axeman's Fate can be equipped on Militia for a nice Regeneration of 10 points each turn. NC Fanatic is more of a powertun champ, Glorious Leap in, attack and cleave whatever you can, and negate retaliation thanks to Awestruck (Righteous deflection works like a charm on her)

The most expensive rune to acquire is Minister, but totally worth it, as it is a powereturn enabler with Battle Drum, and Favor for spell spam.

3. Markoth

Markoth Lord Inquisitor

Paladin Commander is a hoss.

4. Baskitkase

Baskitkase Forum Royalty

Doesn't exist, competitively

5. xplint

Thx for the comments guys, I have questions: are cross Templars good? I also have 2x hooligans so should I get charger knight with those and minister? I almost never use minister. What about splitting is with fw? Can it be cheap too?

6. vipoid

vipoid I need me some PIE!

As a question, what upgrades do you take on Master Axeman?

7. Markoth

Markoth Lord Inquisitor

I like Throw: Axe and Provision

8. Cydna

Cydna Forum Royalty

Same as Markoth, but if I'm sniping certain players Ill switch to Hunter: Wrath.

9. darklord48

darklord48 Forum Royalty

Get him a brew, then summon axe to get enrage plus the axe bonus.

10. xplint

Can someone answer my questions plz?

11. Legato

Legato I need me some PIE!

Minister's cost went up but Battle Drum is invaluable for power turns, and having Favor/Council Spells is nice too. I wish he had Loyalty or something, but he's definitely an addition you should include.

Not really sure why Hooligans are in a Paladin BG, at all.

Northern Cross Templar is the original Northern Cross Unit and a far cry from his old self, iirc he used to be the singular highest base defense unit in the game with 4, he's undergone many changes since then, but this is the only iteration I truly dislike. His iconic powerplay with duel + Pummel is still possible but his damage is too low to make this worthwhile. Book Burn is nice, but not enough justification to run him right now anywhere outside a dedicated Inquisition set.

12. xplint

Ah... so what about crusader? Wasn't she really good?

13. Rapidice

Rapidice I need me some PIE!

Crusader is a bit lackluster when compared to other melee units in paladins. For an almost 80 nora melee unit, it doesn't bring enough for its cost. Trail Hallowed Ground gives him nice sustain, but that's all.