Patch discussion

Discussion in 'Savage Tundra' started by calisk, Feb 9, 2017.

1. calisk

calisk I need me some PIE!

Anything stand out to you guys.

I mean the nerfes seem all right nothing major, bge losing equal is about the biggest but not undeserving and he got an interesting ability in exchange.

Some I'm having troubling quantifying like blizzard elemental. I wish snow storm was better because i'd find room for him if it was

2. Markoth

Markoth Lord Inquisitor

I have never seen Borderguard with anything but Equalize so I am not sure what was added in exchange. The line looks solid though. What do you think people will be selecting?

19madfox95 likes this.
  3. calisk

depends on the deck, bravery and vilent both require more jakeis, which in a flying deck are not excatly in high supply so probably honor guard for that one, though honestly it depends on which ability is cheapest since non of the three is exactly easy to activate in this scenario.

if he's in a deck with a decent amount of jakeis i'd probably go bravery due to the plethora of swarm tactic decks out their like spiders and skelies

4. Braxzee

Braxzee I need me some PIE!

The biggest nerf to me personally is arctic delegate becoming a wizard. I used her in a very good shaman Ice Amp BG. :(

5. Braxzee

The biggest upgrade for me personally is Rimeweaver getting Jakei as a race.

6. Braxzee

I am just confused on Blizzard elemental...Remove snow shroud fine, but it is just built worse over all. I used this rune off and on. It prolly should get Ice eater or frost acolyte on base. The main use of it was knocking down flight units like a blizzard would do. I replaced that with Ice Storm since Ice Storm is to costly for all the counters going on.

7. calisk

now that I can see him blizzard elemental looks pretty good and ice fisher gives a very cheap pull option.

Last edited: Feb 9, 2017
  8. Braxzee

Dang I hope elemental Zephyr gets added back on in Upgrade 1 list. I loved that about this guy

9. NevrGonaGivUup

NevrGonaGivUup I need me some PIE!

Rimeweaver got teleport as well, which is great. That and the addition of the jakei race makes it really good for my crystals deck.

10. calisk

Ya with her being a Jakei she's basically the best Jakei choice for crystals by far

NevrGonaGivUup likes this.
  11. Pedeguerra

Pedeguerra I need me some PIE!

I don't think this change was good for the health of the crystal theme.
    Now you have a champion who is not only crystal, but also a jakei, meaning proccing the racial will be a non issue. Will make bg building way easier, but thats a given since Soko likes to please the noobs of this game.
    I'm not gonna play anymore nor I intend to, but as a lover of the crystal theme I can foresee this change bringing more harm than good.

12. NevrGonaGivUup

NevrGonaGivUup I need me some PIE!

The crystal rimeweaver has race:elemental and crystal in it's name, but doesn't get nora gem or endless devotion. Its just a jakei that benefits from elemental race synergy, and vice versa.

13. calisk

which is why it's on of the best jakei choices, as it is every unit you have in your crystal deck can vivify her, crystal elemental can buff her, white star triggers off her.

their are other effects but they are a bit more minor. regardless if in the future we get more elemental synergy abilities in theme, she will also benefit.

it's a minor change, and I still think the theme is lacking but it's a strong addition that more or less negates the jakei/elemental dynamic.

14. calisk

and yes when it was suggeted I was against it as well for much the same reason, but since it went through I'll simply look at the positives till it's a negative

15. Sokolov

Sokolov The One True Cactuar Octopi

How does it negate the thing that it fulfills? I actually see that it interacts with the dynamic STRONGER than other Jakei normally do. Or do you simply mean it makes other Jakei look relatively less effective?

Now, if it had Endless Devotion or Nora Gem, sure, I could sort of see the argument, but it doesn't. The benefit is simply that it benefits from Elemental buffs - but it pays for it with low SPD and Lethargic, which I think is a reasonable trade off.

The way it interacts with Endless Devotion on other Crystal champs is exactly the same as any other Jakei, there is no difference there.

In either case, note that she was always intended to have Race: Jakei because that's how the Crystal champs are built - they retain their original race.

Last edited: Feb 10, 2017
    NevrGonaGivUup likes this.
  16. calisk

well it's a minor difference but you are getting an elemental while at the same time fulfilling the jakei requirement for endless devoution, which you are right in terms of power is far better then what a single jakei will really bring to the table on it's own.

that was the point, why would you want to include a mix of jakei and elementals when you could run 100% elementals and a few of them also be jakeis, of course we are no where near that point but bluring the lines between the two parts of the combo also negates the dynamic and penalty of choosing between whether you want to deploy another elemental or a jakei.

regardless though I like her with elemental, she fits well into my slam bg, and honestly it's so minor I don't see much of a need to complain about it, if we start getting an array of elemental jakei's I might find a need to be a bit more vocal about it, but I doubt that day will ever come

Last edited: Feb 10, 2017
  17. Sokolov

Sokolov The One True Cactuar Octopi

I could see that if a bunch of Jakei suddenly became Elementals or if Elementals all suddenly being Jakei. But I don't think that's the case here.

Here, "Jakei/Elemental" is more along the lines of the ways it can interact with the theme - similar to other mechanics/abilities. It just has a starker line/feeling to it because it happens to be Races which people have a strong attachment to, but it's not really any different than if any rune having synergy with a theme. For example, Minotaurs with Portal X abilities interacts better with Dimension Doors than Minotaurs without, so you could say, "Why would I include minotaurs without Portal X when I can run 100% minotaurs with Portal X and have them proc via dimension doors all the time?"