Patch Notes Discussion: 4th March

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Moles, Mar 4, 2015.

1. Moles

Moles Administrator Octopi

We like to be cautious with the estimate, in case we run into issues.

2. darklord48

darklord48 Forum Royalty

If you tell users it will take an hour, but the update is done in 50 minutes, you're amazing. Tell users it will take 30 minutes and it takes 32 minutes, you're a horrible tech, your mom is a street walker, your father is Hitler, you are a waste of a human being, and the company is scamming everyone.

Source: I work in IT.

Sirius and Moles like this.
  3. negatorxx

negatorxx I need me some PIE!

Did dwarven engineer then become too strong?

4. adino32

adino32 Member

Is the new Vashal not suppose to be race: beast?

5. heroex7777

heroex7777 Lord of ST

avenging flame.. a bit undercosted... 25 is like the lowest for a spell except for like arctic gift. 10 damage and shut down one champ for a round?

oh and summon ant to 50 nora please. I can't kill relics on fonts with it anymore.

6. SaintKiwi

SaintKiwi I need me some PIE!

a 60 nora spell that summons a 78 nora champ that can swarm? I agree with you.

7. OriginalG1

OriginalG1 I need me some PIE!

Elsari Tomb Raider looks, cool now. Thanks for giving him a theme and race.

edit: dang, I miss boulder trap. I think he better off with fw synergy though.

Last edited: Mar 4, 2015
  8. Bonice90

Bonice90 I need me some PIE!

Can ferren spinner have magical attack instead of frost attack? Ferrens lack it, besides you can gat frost attack from tundra discipline.

OriginalG1 likes this.
  9. mw24

mw24 I need me some PIE!

nice patch, fw needs a lot more though. wondering when fw's and kf's faction bonuses are going to change. Game needs this, lol.

Almost all positive changes in this patch though, pretty amazing. I like being able to play draksar without filling my match history with losses.

I never thought angels would actually be nerfed, also never thought draksar would leave the shoebox.

I don't like mercenary on the fw legend, the rest of the legends I looked at looked really good.

just waiting on fw and kf fixes.

Last edited: Mar 5, 2015
  10. SlickDragon

SlickDragon Member

First off Groble Piledriver got nerfed when all constructs got nerfed in january, yet it's summon also got hit by the nerf without changing its cost. It's unfair that when there is a ripple effect to nerfs it's no biggie and no adjustments are made, but if something gets a deserved buff but it indirectly benefits something else then that's unacceptable and has to be immediately stopped. Also this double standard applies to things that get buffed, like Regeneration, but then not extending the buff to the much worse conditional Regeneration ability Plant Regeneration, wrecking the % ratio discount it had for years, to the point where they are practically the same cost (Plant Regen 3 is 6 nora versus Regeneration 3 at 7, or 86% of the cost, up from 6 vs 9 nora, or 66%) for a strictly worse ability.

Speaking of the cost, Summon Groble Piledriver is a whopping 40nora ability, and already has half max hp to keep it well in check. It getting 1 speed along with a devastating -1 defense to it's already miserable 25 max hp ON TOP of losing construct communities will not put it anywhere near broken, and probably short of good status. The Dwarven Engineer would be playable though, as would the long shoeboxed regular Groble Piledriver, and it would perhaps breath life into IS constructs which got sweeping nerfs in the form of Construct Immunities and Complex Machine nora cost increase.

If you insist that Summon Groble Piledriver would be to strong, compare it to other summon abilities like Summon Serpent that is only 17 nora, has less of a cooldown, with faster and debately better summons, or atleast comparable . All this at nearly 60% less nora (as well as on a much better, cheaper, and sturdier champion in Snake Charmer) and not a word about it being too strong. But heaven forbid Shoebox Piledriver gets a slight buff.

Last edited: Mar 4, 2015
  11. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

Praise the sun \[T]/ Mercenary is -3 nora! Thanks.

12. SlickDragon

SlickDragon Member

Interesting that after our recent dicussion about how Mercenary was unplayable (as most seem to feel) I thought that if it was even changed to 3 nora it would make a world of difference. I didn't have much hope that a change like that would come to pass, but it seems that Sokolov has reconsidered his original take on the punishing negative nora over time abilities with an upfront discount like Nora Induction and Mercenary. It almost pains me to admit it, but there have been some good buffs and changes in this past patch, as well as some dire nerfs that were averted due to Sokolov's prudence and patience.

13. Sphere8274

Sphere8274 The King of Potatoes

Nice patch overall, just a detail lower beast of sheoul* still misses backlash and bok mistress* cost is 81 instead of 80:)

14. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

Symbiote got buffed.

Mindblowing.

Sealer0 likes this.
  15. Strings

Strings Devotee of the Blood Owl

I think it was more of a "fixed an unintended error" but yes, it makes him stronger. However, Sok did mention his cost would go up in the future.

16. mw24

mw24 I need me some PIE!

Mercenary would still suck at -3 nora per turn unless you plan on your champ dying in like 5 turns.

mercenary should only last like 5-10 turns then be removed from the champ.

Last edited: Mar 5, 2015
  17. Pedeguerra

Pedeguerra I need me some PIE!

Didnt know where to write this, so this thread will do.
    Is the limit of games you can play against a certain player not affecting the exp gained anymore?
    As in, I can play the same guy over and over and still have exp gained? It seems like it. If im correct, it used to be: after you play the same guy twice, no exp is gained/lost anymore. Now I can just spam games vs a certain player?
    @Moles ?

18. mw24

mw24 I need me some PIE!

solo que rank should have priority in lobby ordering over 2v2 rank.

19. Moles

Moles Administrator Octopi

Yes that it correct, it was removed some time ago, so right now there are almost no "rules" to gaining rating.

If it becomes problematic in any way we will have a review and create some new "rules" for the ranking system - but i'm not seeing that yet..

20. Pedeguerra

Pedeguerra I need me some PIE!

Ok. Was just wondering. With our small playerbase its probably wise to let it stay like is, I can see no harm being done. If guy wants to farm an alt what can one do.