PCR5 Suggestion Thread (illustrated edition)

Discussion in 'Underdepths' started by badgerale, Nov 20, 2014.

1. Entrepidus

Entrepidus I need me some PIE!

To anyone posting or considering suggestions that include upgrade paths with multiple ranks of the same ability, I automatically disagree with you. In fact, even as you're thinking it I'm saying no. If your suggestion adds to this list. . . no! If you suggest a change for a rune on this list without fixing the upgrade paths. . . no! No, no, no! Please don't waste an opportunity to polish a rune by ignoring its upgrade paths.

Mini-rant aside, I'll quickly link a couple other posts from the same thread. Also, a previous idea for a new Goblin racial.

2. badgerale

badgerale Warchief of Wrath

Well since summoner got +5 Nora with the patch, she got brought into line pretty well. I guess it doesn't really sit well with me that she is so high damage when she is supposed to be a support champ -- but this is pretty low priority so I doubt it would get into next patch.

I guess the other option with bok is to have no racial ability but to create bok race and use existing abilities like surge vindictive etc. to make synergy. The over through idea has potential, and is flavourful.

3. chickenpox2

chickenpox2 I need me some PIE!

can we give bunny lord race: demon so all demons get camaraderie?

4. badgerale

No

Sirius and SPiEkY like this.
  5. chickenpox2

why you don't think Demons don't need camaraderie?

Last edited: Nov 22, 2014
  6. HannibalFee

HannibalFee Devotee of the Blood Owl

because not everything needs to be a demon in UD

7. Squama

Squama I need me some PIE!

hekatian bloodguard really needs something. Soulthirsteer and pitspawn too.

8. Yourmom

Yourmom The King of Potatoes

I do think Soulthirster needs some love. It's nearly impossible to get the ball rolling with Soul Siphon. He costs way too much for only having 50 hp. Especially with everyone and their momma running an elven strategist it's really easy to kill him.

9. badgerale

Looking at the Pitspawn, I could literally write an essay about all the reasons why he is bad: None of his abilities work well with his stats: deathstrike - great ability, but when he's hitting for 22 anyway do you really want to pay 17 nora to do a 50% hp hit? Searing touch? If i am hitting something with high damage i want it to die there and then. Curse? Does he look like the kind of gargantuan psychotic demon who would mutter under his breath at you? Titan is an especially screw you UD ability since it involves planar bound (no beckon), bloodless (no sacrifice) and unequipable (no demonshield).

Anyway, what do people feel about this build? I'm going for a very straightforward walks up to you and smacks you to pieces type approach, because, well, look at that art, he clearly doesn't do subtlety :

[​IMG]
    grrrrrrrr

Greater Pitspawn (edited with suggestions):
    18 dam | 6 speed |range 1-2 | def 2 | 68hp

upgrade path 1: Fear 2 | Horrific Aura 1 | Terrify
    upgrade path 2: Crushing Blow | Clamp | Knockback 3
    Base: Attack Physical, Colossal, Immunity Fire, Titan

HA and crushing blow build would be 103 nora.

Removed deathstrike and searing touch from base, removed the curse upgrade path. Crushing blow and knockback because i like the idea of giant f=cking titan punching you into an oompa lumpa or just whacking you across the map, clamp as rasiel suggested to stop them running away.

Ideally I would kinda like to petition for the titan ability to be reworked to include colossal (it's a TITAN ffs) and lose all the unnecessary crap, but after it took so long to get AA in decent shape I don't know if there would be much support for this.

Last edited: Nov 25, 2014
    Agirgis1 likes this.
  10. RasielCZ

RasielCZ I need me some PIE!

clench could be nice, he grabs you and you are screwed, also get rid of fear 2, noone would use it between those alternatives, something like horrific howl would compete better with the other options

Poxlife and Agirgis1 like this.
  11. Yourmom

Yourmom The King of Potatoes

I'd rather see him with attack fire but that's just me. Also what would his nora cost be?

12. badgerale

Do you mean clamp? yeah, that could work. I'll update the post.

109 for horrific aura and crushing blow if my calculations are correct.

13. chickenpox2

Please let him keep death strike it really useful ability which fits UD

14. nitebane21

nitebane21 I need me some PIE!

He hits for 22, do you really want to pay 17 nora for an attack that does 50% hp damage? It's not like there's that many champs with 60+ hp where it'd be useful

SPiEkY likes this.
  15. Entrepidus

I like the variety of upgrades he has, but I'm wondering if various forms of Frightened (-2 DMG) + Shrunken (-50% DMG) + Colossal (-33% DMG) isn't a bit much given Absorb.

16. Entrepidus

Death Strike was never a bad ability on him because it's Loss of Life and ignores the vast majority of defensive abilities that negate his hefty physical damage (Awestruck, Immunity, Rock Eater, Impervious, etc). The bigger issue is the cost of having access to it with his current stats.

17. chickenpox2

Exactly and also it good aganist AI bosses with 300+ hp

18. Burcho

Burcho I need me some PIE!

that would be a bug as they should be protected against loss of life over 30hp

19. chickenpox2

I believe that deathstrike passes through elite because system consider it as a basic attack unlike death pact and deathtouch as secondary abilities.
    I'm just speculating but i mean its good that one death type attack pass through elite cause it annoying to fight some of the bosses

20. badgerale

You could be right, I don't want another hydraxor on my hands.

Without absorb he would be 6 Nora cheaper and vulnerable to being range sniped, though perhaps that's not a bad thing.

Poxlife likes this.