People amaze me

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by BurnPyro, Nov 19, 2014.

1. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

Forever: omg strongest runes always so $$, new players, waaaa

Now: I'm so upset $$ runes aren't top tier anymore wtf.

You guys..

2. Markoth

Markoth Lord Inquisitor

there are still money runes? I mean other than Ctheriaorhoweveryouspellhername and Harbys and who uses Harbys other than UD.

P.s. Whitestones are badass.

3. Atherhog

Atherhog I need me some PIE!

You say this like there are only two options though. You can have rare runes with flavour without them being OP. You can have viable BG's without destroying the concept of rarity.

Just because we've only been presented with these two options, doesn't mean they are the only ones. I remember Sok saying he tried to keep some abilities unique to their corresponding rarity. This could happen and the abilities in question wouldn't need to be OP, just not available outside theur rarity.

This makes sense from 3 points of view.

1. Player achievment when they obtain the rune
    2. Player investment to get the rune
    3. BG diversity

The situation at the moment is that DOG dealt with rune availability by making them undesirable... what they should have done is made them desireable and available.

4. Kampel

Kampel I need me some PIE!

Yes i know but dude, if you are giving people this very rare awesome reward in the form of a legendary it should at least be something new, it doenst have to be stronger, just something fun... not a path of regen and a path of rend....

Etherielin, Ragic and Atherhog like this.
  5. Anotherblackman

Anotherblackman I need me some PIE!

When I think of the only true Legendary rune line up, it was the warlock and knight expansions. Those line ups had loads of new abilities while still retaining a few combinations to only a chosen few.

If geomancer was released right now, how many people would flock to swap 10 bux for 1-3 range and terraform dirt with fire resist 1 for 87 nora these days.

6. MovnTarget

MovnTarget Forum Royalty

I have every single $$ rune for SL and I couldn't care less if they were all shoved way down into the shoebox so long as all the various SL themes were healthy and viable.

But I'm more concerned with a game worth playing than runes being worth $$.

I must be doing something wrong.

And before you lot say wahhh, but you can do both, I'll retort with no, no we can't, not given the constraints we're working under.
    If I can fiddle with 6 runes my priority will be runes that everyone can play with. You don't like that? Tough. Kick me out. Vote me out. Whatever. I honestly wouldn't care.

7. Anima26

Anima26 I need me some PIE!

I respect this, even though i would love to see Ardent get buffed.

SaintKiwi likes this.
  8. badgerale

badgerale Warchief of Wrath

I think there is a strong argument that high rarity runes should be runnable at least. This is true for all runes of course, but I think it is more important that legendaries are made runnable since people are working towards obtaining them and should get that satisfaction of playing with their shiny new toy.

Equally, I think it is also important that they aren't really strong. If even a few legendaries are OP it creates the impression that the game is pay-to-win, which will be a major turn-off for people coming into the game - as well as being inherently unfair to those without them.

So i guess what i'm saying is that the higher the rarity the better balanced a rune should be.

Anima26, BurnPyro and Atherhog like this.
  9. Saandro

Saandro I need me some PIE!

Out of my last 4 packs, I got 3 Dryads. Wtf?

Anima26 likes this.
  10. Atherhog

Agree with this. So how do we work towards making it happen?

11. badgerale

badgerale Warchief of Wrath

There is no quick solution.Just needs time to get bad legs up to speed, and a lot of care in doing so.

There are other buff priorities as well, like getting bad themes in order (and MovN is right that this is more important) -- so it will be a slow process even if every change is perfect (which it won't be).

Last edited: Nov 20, 2014
    Anima26 likes this.
  12. IMAGIRL

IMAGIRL Forum Royalty

Picture a chart with a diagonal line. Let's call that line balance. Now lets say we have 5 types of runes. C/UC/R/E/LE

How do we get them to all fit on a line? By removing everything that makes a faction, and each of its runes unique. However that also means that the higher rarity you search for is no better than on of the lowest rarity. It would be better to base the line on Rares, where Exo/Le differ slightly above the line, and C/UC differ slightly below. Ideally the difference would be impactful enough that they did the job you invested in, while being negligible enough that it does not endorse a P2W result.

As you said it's tough. I wish for it too.

[​IMG]

13. PurpleTop

PurpleTop I need me some PIE!

People will always find something to bich about

MEATMAN likes this.
  14. IMAGIRL

IMAGIRL Forum Royalty

Yes, but Worthington Wellington has never had anything to complain about. ;)

15. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

@Senshu

how is this off topic, honestly

it discusses the state of the game, the aspect of runes vs $$

16. MovnTarget

MovnTarget Forum Royalty

Cuz ur a meanie face.

Dagda likes this.
  17. Emries

Emries Devotee of the Blood Owl

18. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

19. Senshu

Senshu Administrator Octopi

If you would have stated something along the lines of "discusses the state of the game, the aspect of runes vs $$" when you first made the post then it would have been relevant, but what you posted is complaining about people who are complaining.

20. Atherhog

but the discussion in the thread is clearly about the state of the game. More so than many others in general discussion. So basically you've moderated this based on the title, which is just lazy moderation tbh.

so for instance, badgerdale is stating that he thinks high rarity runes should be runnable and implies that they need looking at.

but that's off topic?

now i'm starting to understand.