perpetual tourney

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by voodoochile, Apr 27, 2015.

1. voodoochile

voodoochile The King of Potatoes

Hi there.

I am a casual player, that logs in every day to read the forums and so, but can only play few times a month. (Adult responsabilities and what not...)

I would really like to make those few matches I play more special.

Would it be possible to get thrill tourney brings by giving a twist to the current reward system. Or, taking it even further, making an automatic turney out of the pairing system.

I would like to hear your ideaa about this.

Cheers.

2. drathys

drathys I need me some PIE!

they had them before and there hs been talk about them coming back but i think its a coming soon TM and there are other priorities. i agree tho, when they were there they were a lot of fun.

3. voodoochile

Well yeah... Tourneys and drafts will be back SoonTM but maybe they could add something more...

Would it be possible having tourneys with special rewards every day, all day long? Or qwng in "tourney mode".

I guess with a low playerbase somethings are impossible to implement and having a tourney lobby or turney mode won't make much since ranking per se is way more appealing than tourneys for most players.

But if tourney victories and matches were taken into account when calculating rank, and prices were much better... would it be worth it then?

4. Morfeas

Morfeas I need me some PIE!

Good post, finally someone who understands what he is proposing and what the limitations are. So, tourneys are coming back not-so-soonTM, and the every-day-tourney-things as you said are not really an option with the current playerbase - although one could argue that daily tourneys would draw more players who wouldn't otherwise play, thus making them a possibility. I don't think anybody would want tournaments to be tied with ranked in any way, but what could be done is differentiation between the incentives for playing each. Every player and his mother are currently complaining (somewhat rightfully) that playing ranked isn't rewarding enough. So if one was to come up with a system that rewards both ranked play and tournament winners/participants in different ways, that could potentially solve both problems.

5. drathys

drathys I need me some PIE!

For all of SOEs faults I actually liked their tourney system. got quite a few good cards that way

6. voodoochile

Good to see tourneys are back with next expansion. Now we need enough pLayers so we don't have to wait forever to get them rolling.

Thanks for sharing your points of view!