Perseverance

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by H3II, May 18, 2016.

1. H3II

H3II The King of Potatoes

Okay, can we please make it last until the beginning of next turn not the end of the turn ?

The ability almost never helps protecting my champ to play him next round. I'm not complaining about the LoL effects that will kill the champ - fair call, okay you have LoL attacks cool kill the champ. I'm just annoyed with the fact that any unit that has any kind of damage aura can just simply kill the persevered
    champ !

I honestly get shocked when my champ survives and I get to play him after the proc. I would say it only happened like 15% of the time while champ died 85% of the time !

If it was on the upgrade path I would never go for it .. I think it's just an extra cost for champs like Sheoul Magus that I would prefer saving :)

2. Cinder405

Cinder405 I need me some PIE!

I want to agree with you yet I don't. Perseverance on sheoul magus is annoying and its even more annoying on Sheoul Magus (can heal).

Once you deploy a Preserverance champ the opponent now HAS to work on a counter or else the champion could be healed/Sacrificed/attack once or twice/etc.

If you can make your opponent deploy things with Grant:magic Aura or champions with aura you are making them spend Nora on runes they didn't otherwise want to deploy in the first place.

I don't know if I'm getting my point across correctly so if someone came help that would be great.

Alakhami likes this.
  3. Elves Rule

Elves Rule I need me some PIE!

If KF gives it a withering fern or SP uses elemental vortex or (insert other counter here) then you are gaining nora because no way does perseverance cost over 10 nora (don't know how to check atm). If they already have a champ out who can counter perseverance, don't play a perseverance guy. And as cinder said, if they counter with a deploy not from the runedock gj, you just forced their hand rather than let them choose what to deploy.

I don't really like it, but I don't think it's bad and certainly doesn't need a buff (at least, one like that).

Tweek516, Pattn199, Qucas and 2 others like this.
  4. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

Uh, yeah, well

That would make it kind of insanely good. The only reason why it's manageable is because you can play around one turning it with the right tools so you don't end up facing it at full health the next turn again.

poinl and Ballballer like this.
  5. badgerale

badgerale Warchief of Wrath

Just don't play it in a way that assumes it won't be countered.

damnfoolishyeti likes this.
  6. Burcho

Burcho I need me some PIE!

https://poxbase.com/ability/117
    Perseverance 8 Nora
    Whenever this champion's health falls below 1, it loses Perseverance and it is Cleansed, it's current health is set to 1, and gains Impervious, Impenetrable, and Shielded until the end of turn.

http://s-qpoxdb.rhcloud.com/ability/01389
    Perseverance (8 nora)

7. Elves Rule

Elves Rule I need me some PIE!

Wasn't sure if either of them were out of date right now, thanks.

8. potatonuts

potatonuts I need me some PIE!

I don't think the game mechanics work that way. It lasts for one turn, so for it to block abilities which proc at the start of the next turn it would have to last for two entire turns which would be a buff to the ability.

Aren't things supposed to have counters though?

9. Lushiris

Lushiris I need me some PIE!

The main problem I see with his suggestion isn't even that it would have less counters, is that LoL and Dispel would be the ONLY counters. Enough of favoring FW, please.

10. H3II

I agree. but the problem is the countering rune is favored by the enemy 90% of the time. A unit that grants or has aura is never a bad thing to deploy. And it's not like they have to deploy it immediately. They can take their time to do so as the Perseverance ability does not put immediate pressure on the opponent.

In theory the ability is good, but when played it actually sucks. I only wish i can use the nora cost towards something more useful.

11. Cinder405

Cinder405 I need me some PIE!

Perhaps you could suggest a change for development to move perseverance as a upgrade option and move something else to base.

12. H3II

Definitely !

13. poinl

poinl I need me some PIE!

Give it tough and resilient.