PETITION: Faction Font Should be Changed?

Discussion in 'Forglar Swamp' started by 4NIK8, Sep 8, 2016.

?

Faction Font Should be Changed?

1. Yes

12 vote(s)
    70.6%
  2. No

5 vote(s)
    29.4%
  1. 4NIK8

4NIK8 I need me some PIE!

FS players unite!

For far too long now we have been forced playing with a crappy font bonus, a single tile of water and 2 hp regen when inside the font, while other factions boasted with their OP fonts removing AP, preventing spells and relics and all that nonsense.

So cast your vote and if you agree that the font bonus can't remain untouched, please give your suggestion of what you belive would be a proper bonus!

2. Compost

Compost I need me some PIE!

FS font bonus is by far the worst, it's exactly the SL bonus except worse because it doesn't last 3 turns...

3. 4NIK8

And SL gets all tiles to be sand...

4. Compost

With water gen being nerfed into oblivion the least they could do is make all tiles water.. I'm not really sure of what it could be though. Maybe the opposite of UD, first time each turn a friendly champ enters a font and at the beginning of your turns, you heal 2 hp?

5. Sokolov

Sokolov The One True Cactuar Octopi

FS has the best faction bonus so... it's hard to justify not having the worst font bonus, to be honest :D

6. 4NIK8

If you wanna put things in context, consider the overall strengh of the faction then... which was recently rated among the worst...

7. Markoth

Markoth Lord Inquisitor

Faction strength shifts every expansion and map rotation while faction bonuses largely stay the same.

newsbuff likes this.
  8. Compost

Maybe, but FS is pretty weak in general right now though. Probably the weakest faction. I think this is mostly because certain themes are just broken right now *cough* voil *cough*, but regardless of strength, FS font bonus is super boring and has 0 impact on the game. In fact it almost never even procs since most of the fighting takes place in a contested font, the only time the bonus even procs are when your recently deployed champ in the back font takes some global damage and heals in his next turn..

Also, SP faction bonus is like, BARELY worse than FS bonus, Yet they get spell resistance for 3 turns and +1 defense. I know you can't just compare the bonuses as simply as that, but SP has one of the best faction bonuses AND one of the best font bonuses.

9. Anima26

Anima26 I need me some PIE!

Yes please change it to something more impactful. I know the 2hp can be useful in long drawn out stalemates but come on, i pretty much feel as though i dont have a font bonus when i play FS, even the damn water tiles are only 1 space so thats terrible for Aquatics too. #WorstFontBonus

10. Goyo

Goyo I need me some PIE!

I'm happy with just 3x water tiles... FOR CONSISTENCE!

But wouldn't mind something more meaningful, not even inpactful but... just... something I can say "here it is".

11. IMAGIRL

IMAGIRL Forum Royalty

Healing Waters: Friendly champions that enter a owned deployment zone gain Purified for 3 turns.

Leadrz, Anima26 and newsbuff like this.
  12. 4NIK8

Plz yes

13. IMAGIRL

IMAGIRL Forum Royalty

I got you. ;)

Leadrz and 4NIK8 like this.
  14. newsbuff

newsbuff Forum Royalty

people aren't necessarily saying it's imbalanced, but rather not fun or impactful.

15. Leadrz

Leadrz I need me some PIE!

But consider ST with +10 hp and -ap on trying to enter font zones. i mean it doesn't look like the bonus's are supposed to balance against each other.

Anima26 likes this.
  16. IMAGIRL

IMAGIRL Forum Royalty

This should give FS players a small safety net to set up runes like Cleansing Mist, or Sacred Temple.

17. IMAGIRL

IMAGIRL Forum Royalty

Just a reminder that this suggestion exists.

18. yobanchi

yobanchi I need me some PIE!

I would agree with 3x water tiles.

Anima26 likes this.
  19. Anima26

Anima26 I need me some PIE!

I feel like Aquatics really need this to help with horrid early turns.

20. Cydna

Cydna Forum Royalty

Just gonna chime in and say FS is not the weakest faction.

Yes it would be nice if the faction bonus got changed, but I don't think it should be a priority. Bug fixes > Getting/maintaing new players > Balance changes

Tweek516 likes this.