Petrified and movement

Discussion in 'Bug Reporting' started by Dolcebrodude, Jan 10, 2017.

1. Dolcebrodude

Dolcebrodude The King of Potatoes

When trying to move friendly champions around an opposing champion in a petrified state (most probably from being attacked by Petrifying Gaze) the movement path ap counter (the yellow squares thing when clicking on a champ) considers the petrified champion non-engageable and shows that you can move next to it and continue your path (like it does with charmed champions and incorporeal ones). Like so:
    [​IMG]

However if you do move next to the petrified champ you'll be engaged and won't be able to move further unless you have Mobility. As the state's description doesn't suggest it granting charmed or making the champion otherwise unable to engage I assume this is correct. But the pathing system still insists that you can move away. (excuse my trash resolution)
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

So the pathing system contradicts the petrified state. This is not *really* a bug since if you know you'll get engaged (and the description of the state doesn't suggest otherwise) you can play around it normally but if you just trusts the path tracker (as did my last opponent when my Manticore got his gaze Diverted and petrified) then this will lead to some understandable frustration.

@Sokolov

Last edited: Jan 10, 2017
    newsbuff likes this.
  2. concealedweapon

concealedweapon I need me some PIE!

Most conditions that make a champion unable to attack also make it unable to engage. Petrified is an exception for some reason.

3. newsbuff

newsbuff Forum Royalty

This f[ _ ]cked me over several times recently