Pets

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Nite2kill, Mar 21, 2014.

1. Nite2kill

Nite2kill I need me some PIE!

At one time when the owner of a pet dies the pet becomes lost or confused and either player has control of that pet ( during their turn) or until another champion, with that same pet, comes into play or the pet dies.
    Does this Pet clause still hold true but for some pets or was eliminated from gameplay ​

2. TheNidhogg

TheNidhogg I need me some PIE!

It exists on Boghopper Huntmaster.

It would not make sense on something like Garu Den Mother (whose Bestow works well with her pet). It could work with Queen Anaru or Hekatian Bloodguard though.

TeaNinja likes this.
  3. LoganMkv

LoganMkv I need me some PIE!

Pets just should be summoned with ap, removed on use.

4. only

only Active Member

Huntmaster's clause is still a gap for exploits. that Posses transfer thing still exist. all other sources were eliminated. I definetely agree summons (pets) need to be weakened, but this is not a solution.

5. RedDain

RedDain I need me some PIE!

Champions with pets are severely under-costed. It's not that the pet is OP, or that the champ itself is OP, it's that the amount of HP, potential damage, threat range, and potential for font challenges (via relics) arising from a "2-for-the-price-of-1" champ are way over the top... above the curve...

I think that the pet ability is awesome, and the idea is really good. The implementation needs work.

Simple fix is to tack a bunch of nora onto the cost of all pet champs... but that's just crude.

More complicated might be to make the pets require a nora cost to keep alive - no front-loaded cost increase, but a maintenance cost. Balance that negative out by giving pets the "forage" ability or something like it.

Perhaps require pets to be within some AOE range of the controlling champ, or they go berzerk and wander randomly?

Perhaps make the pet ability a form of summon?

Perhaps when the pet dies, the controlling champ loses significant stats?