Pilfered Armory Question

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by crisian, Mar 30, 2014.

1. crisian

crisian Member

i had the spell cast when op equipped 'sword of shadows' on vothshare ireguard, the equipment was given to his champ and in combat log it only said 'pilfered armory fails to take equipment'.

i had several champs out that could have accepted the equip and i just can't figure out what happened, does anybody know?

2. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

Was your closest champ Sceian?

3. crisian

crisian Member

no. it was a daily, i had out exile, 2x witchdoctor and xecutioner...was close to ai shrine with only opposing ireguard in my way.

4. Comissar

Comissar I need me some PIE!

Relic/equipments like Sword of Shadows, Dragon God's Staff and Darkmarsh Helm don't work properly with equipment steal effects. If you try to steal them, you automatically fail. I assume it's due to them being useable as both relics and equipment.

5. crisian

crisian Member

ah ok. i've only seen it once now, but if it's localized to equips with the relic ability, it has been identified and the problem will surely be fixed right away(i have faith in the mighty owl team).

6. Tarabostes

Tarabostes I need me some PIE!

Same for equipments that require a race or class such as Demon Shield or Cloak of Long Knives...the equipment goes to the opponent's champ ( actually, I only tested it on DS, but I assume it's the same mechanic; maybe if you have a demon, respectively a Ranger/Rogue, the equip would go to you)

7. Xiape

Xiape I need me some PIE!

The redirection effect was a bit wonky with snowblind and other redirection spells which required a specific target. I'm not even sure how snowblind works currently

8. OriginalG1

OriginalG1 I need me some PIE!

best theory on pox logic i have ever read.

9. crisian

crisian Member

can confirm that the spell fails with demon shield as well. dev's, 'lil help? this is 35 nora just wasted each time the spell fails. demon shield i can understand, but at least send the equip to cooldown not just equip champ.

10. Comissar

Comissar I need me some PIE!

Note that cloak of long knives doesn't require ranger/rogue in order to equip, it just requires it in order to grant any effect. See also, frostcall quiver (no effect if the champion is melee)