Pirahnid Help!

Discussion in 'Forglar Swamp' started by Fesh, Oct 3, 2014.

1. Fesh

Fesh The King of Potatoes

Disclaimer: Not a big fan of frogs

So I have always liked pirahnids just because they look cool and isnt that half the game? However I know next to nothing about FS. Since dailies require a different bg everyday I figured I would throw together a pirahnid bg and see what happens. Here is what I came up with and feel free to laugh:
    http://www.poxbase.com/deck/CfWC5BcjiC17C5XCfTCfUC9WC9Qs1sqsdS4Us1gs20R13rWe2GE1H

With every pirahnid being melee I just threw in some range that was mentioned in the Mirefolk Bg thread. I want to keep this bg as centered around pirahnids as much as possible but I dont know where to go from here. Specifically:

- Range champs that are better than what I have and are not limited/legendary (I have enough trade fodder for most exotics or cheap legendaries if there are any)
    - Detection (Emergency kit?)
    - Ranged counters (Does FS have any?)
    - Other ways to make this bg more efficient without loosing out on Pirahnid theme

Thank you for the help ahead of time!

2. AmmonReros

AmmonReros I need me some PIE!

You dont like frogs yet you play Kartch. hipocrit.

For giving a Pirahnid a ranged attack you could always use Poison Dart or any other equipment spell that gives such an attack. I think the dart is the only one though.
    Considering that you are running an okay number of water generation you could use Slipwater or Undertow though to close the gap you have between your melee beaters and ranged units.

3. Fesh

ok ok, I took out Kartch to stem my hypocrisy. New setup:
    http://www.poxbase.com/deck/CfWC5BC17C5XCfTCfUC9WC9Qs1sqsdS4Us1gs5Ms20R13rWeYE1H

I love poison dart! I used it on my bloodfiend and I didnt realize Life Siphon proc...amazing! Slipwater is also a crazy powerturn spell. Wow that works well.

However I still have no detection, Mirevixen and Enchantress feel like the same unit to me and I like vixens cost better while Enchantress is my only cleanse source, and still would like some kind of range counter. Am I asking for to much with a theme that is so limited?

Thanks for the help so far!

4. Capitulator

Capitulator I need me some PIE!

Warning: I'm a real novice.

I run 2x feeding frenzy as a surge-engine for piranhids. You can fit 10 little fish in the water around your shrine if you shuffle them each turn.

5. Fesh

I threw 1x frenzy in and this is now my second favorite bg. Against a human player it would probably get dominated but I love how quickly I can own skirmish and just how fun it is to mess around with. Thank you all for the help!

6. Leadrz

Leadrz I need me some PIE!

Fly catcher.
    Stealths in water
    Detects and grounds for drown.

I'm a fan of running frenzied piranhid at 66 nora.

Fesh likes this.
  7. Fesh

TY!! Never paid attention to this guy but he fits in well. I just wish I had more time to play right now....stupid school :/

EDIT: Wait 66 nora frenzied? He is my favorite but I run him at 71 because of life siphon. I will switch him to surge and see how it goes. Thanks for the tip

Leadrz likes this.
  8. Leadrz

Leadrz I need me some PIE!

I run him as a cheap, strong, scary
    Destroyer. And if he dies i'm happy as long as he's dealt damage to a champion or kept them at bay.
    I feel it's too squishy for life siphon and can be backed up by other piranhids.