Planned Parenthood cleared

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by BurnPyro, Jan 28, 2016.

1. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

justice

2. doubtofbuddha

doubtofbuddha I need me some PIE!

When I first read about that I laughed and laughed and laughed.

3. DarkJello

DarkJello I need me some PIE!

"Justice."

4. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

elaborate

frauds get sentenced for fraud

I don't see how that's not justice

5. doubtofbuddha

doubtofbuddha I need me some PIE!

Because after the gigantic brouhaha over the clearly edited tapes this summer and even some murders of people who work at planned parenthood, Republican-asssigned law and justice officials are prosecuting these jackasses because they followed the evidence and the evidence led them to these crooks being at fault.

So I am laughing because they are hopefully going to suffer some consequences for their lies.

Qucas and BurnPyro like this.
  6. DarkJello

The grand jury plays an important role in the criminal process, but not one that involves a finding of guilt or punishment of a party. Instead, a prosecutor will work with a grand jury to decide whether to bring criminal charges or an indictment against a potential defendant -- usually reserved for serious felonies. Grand jury members may be called for jury duty for months at a time, but need only appear in court for a few days out of every month. Regular court trial juries are usually 6 or 12 people, but in the federal system, a grand jury can be 16 to 23 people.

The grand jury is one of the first procedures in a criminal trial, if used at all. See FindLaw's Criminal Procedure section for more articles, including Criminal Procedure FAQ and How are Criminal Charges Brought Against Someone?

Grand Jury Proceedings

Grand jury proceedings are much more relaxed than normal court room proceedings. There is no judge present and frequently there are no lawyers except for the prosecutor. The prosecutor will explain the law to the jury and work with them to gather evidence and hear testimony. Under normal courtroom rules of evidence, exhibits and other testimony must adhere to strict rules before admission. However, a grand jury has broad power to see and hear almost anything they would like. However, unlike the vast majority of trials, grand jury proceedings are kept in strict confidence. This serves two purposes: It encourages witnesses to speak freely and without fear of retaliation. It protects the potential defendant's reputation in case the jury does not decide to indict. - See more at: http://criminal.findlaw.com/criminal-procedure/how-does-a-grand-jury-work.html#sthash.JN4yqnCn.dpuf

- See more at: http://criminal.findlaw.com/criminal-procedure/how-does-a-grand-jury-work.html#sthash.JN4yqnCn.dpuf

7. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

That's dandy and all, but what does that have to do with you not being happy with this "justice?

Something something bias

something something seek knowledge ?

8. DarkJello

Innocent until proven guilty is supposed to be the standard in MuriKa. Why you be skipping ahead?

9. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

How am I skipping ahead?

PP was cleared. They done. Finito.

10. DarkJello

A tiny battle in a massive war went the way you prefer. The insurgency grows. "Finito" is probably incorrect.

11. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

People who talk about this as if it's a war and keep bullshitting about PP are the same ones who are surprised when right wing nutjobs shoot up the PP place.

*surprised face*

Geressen and doubtofbuddha like this.
  12. DarkJello

"War is not an independent phenomenon, but the continuation of politics by different means."

Carl von Clausewitz

Left wing nutjobs have and will continue to murder more innocent people than right wing nutjobs. I oppose all nutjobs. You like PP, I don't. Your swearing and straw man are boring.

Last edited: Jan 28, 2016
  13. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

Just out of curiosity, what do left wing hardliners target/do when they'd go full ****** with a gun?

14. DarkJello

History is full of examples. Usually as many people of one group or another as possible are rounded up and slaughtered.

Totalitarianism, by whatever precise name, follows the same predictable pattern. Do what Government says or else.

15. ssez

ssez I need me some PIE!

That is pretty funny if the 2 get found guilty of anything.

I am not sure what the big fuss is about abortion politically, If people want to destroy their fetuses in the womb it probably saves the nation from having to support them since their parents judgement is questionable anyway.

I personally think its very creepy to kill a human fetus that cant defend itself or voice any objection, but I am not the type to want to rule over people, so have it!

Some would not want you to be able to own a gun but are all for ending a human fetuses life, very odd to me, but I am sure it makes complete sense to others.

DarkJello likes this.
  16. DarkJello

I don't have the inclination or energy or time or patience to try and force everyone to be "good." Life is precious, and short.

17. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

Awkward statement from someone who spends a big part of his time spreading his views on the internet :p

Geressen and DarkJello like this.
  18. DarkJello

I presume that " :p " means you are teasing me. If so, fair enough. (I am sharing and learning and such, not forcing).

19. Sokolov

Sokolov The One True Cactuar Octopi

Yep, dozens of investigations by various states and departments, all have found no-wrong doing on the part of PP, but it won't matter, some people will continue to believe that PP is in the wrong. Facts don't matter, only ideology does.

Now, if SOMETHING is found, sure, then I am on board, but as you can see from Congress and many Americans, they have already made up their mind about PP and won't be happy until something is found, and will dismiss anything that doesn't fit into their world view. As the Texas Governor said, this decision doesn't really matter, he will continue his investigations.

Basically, as far as I can tell, "innocent until proven guilty" only applies to things you agree with, otherwise, it is "presumed guilty if we don't like you and we will waste taxpayer dollars until we find something."

Last edited: Jan 28, 2016
    themacca and BurnPyro like this.
  20. Bellagion

Bellagion I need me some PIE!

PP deserves its funding. I think it does more for the public good than many of the projects that Congress members continue to maintain as law.

BurnPyro likes this.