Planned Parenthood

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by DarkJello, Jul 21, 2015.

1. Ohmin

Ohmin Forum Royalty

True. Here's the BBC, a generally more reputable rag and less sensational headlines (usually): http://www.bbc.com/news/health-26716924

Telegraph getting linked to was mostly a function of my being too lazy to scroll down after the search.

I appreciate the clarification.

Speaking of success stories regarding the right to bear arms: http://www.wisn.com/news/video-shows-bouchards-owner-defending-his-store/34328414

But this is getting off topic.

Baskitkase and DarkJello like this.
  2. darklord48

darklord48 Forum Royalty

This is my "assault rifle". Yes, the assault weapons ban would include my bolt action rifle.
    [​IMG]

DarkJello likes this.
  3. DarkJello

DarkJello I need me some PIE!

Beautiful piece of art that. The fact that it is lethal increases the appeal. My black shotgun is scary looking. I want a "delicate" weapon for my wife.

[​IMG]

Would you be so kind as to explain the quotation marks for any of our hoplophobic pals? (Public service award if you do). Guns: cause right to life can be wicked good!

[​IMG]

4. darklord48

darklord48 Forum Royalty

Does anyone care to guess why my bolt action rifle that holds 5 bullets in the magazine is classified as an assault weapon?

5. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

hit me

6. darklord48

darklord48 Forum Royalty

Because of the thumbhole in the stock, the grip is classified as a Pistol grip, which makes it an assault rifle. Even single shot rifles that have pistol grips qualify as assault rifles.

DarkJello likes this.
  7. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

rigging the game eh

8. DarkJello

silly technicalities > real world application, to so many folks. Ho hum diddle dee dum.

9. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

Where they semis at doe

Shooting up tha hood and whatalhaveyou

10. darklord48

darklord48 Forum Royalty

I have a .22 caliber semi automatic rifle with a 30 round magazine, but that's not qualified as an assault rifle.

11. DarkJello

I presume your assertion is correct, and thus SMH with the complete silliness of some of our current reality. Also, perchance a pic of that for posterity?

12. darklord48

darklord48 Forum Royalty

[​IMG]

This is the same model and magazine. The magazine furthest to the left is a ten round magazine. The rifle is a Ruger 10/22.

DarkJello likes this.
  13. DarkJello

14. SkeletonKing

SkeletonKing The King of Potatoes

15. Ohmin

Ohmin Forum Royalty

Interesting. A few things I thought about the article:

1. It claims that the videos in question were debunked, having been "manipulated." However, that analysis was offered by Planned Parenthood itself, rather than an uninvolved third party. That doesn't mean that the analysis is necessarily wrong, but there is a significant enough conflict of interest to make it suspect.

It reminds me of Monsanto claiming (with their funded studies to back it up) that Roundup is perfectly safe to use, and even had that one guy famously going around saying that he'd drink a glass. When someone he was being interviewed by offered him a cup, he responded by asking if the interviewer thought he was stupid.

Anyway, you may also find CMP's refutation here, should you be interested: http://www.centerformedicalprogress...-parenthoods-failed-forensic-analysis-report/

(Do of course see above about conflicts of interest. The point isn't that one is necessarily right or wrong, but to not take things on face value, which the Slate article seems to.)

2. Rick Scott is an idiot, and clearly doing something wrong. The press release is anemic, to say the least, and excluding findings on what supposedly prompted the investigations in the first place is not just immoral but a stupid move if you want to push a specific agenda.

3. The quote that has supposedly been removed was: "there is no evidence of the mishandling of fetal remains at any of the 16 clinics we investigated across the state." Yet the report itself claims that 1 clinic was not keeping proper logs, which constitutes mishandling (albeit not selling or anything, and not necessarily physical mishandling). That could have partially prompted the exclusion of the recommended line. Still fairly poor form. At the very least, clarify, address the reason for the investigation.

The Full Footage of the fourth video is now available, and a fifth video has been put up a few days ago, for those still interested in viewing/scrutinizing them: http://www.centerformedicalprogress.org/cmp/investigative-footage/

16. Baskitkase

Baskitkase Forum Royalty

Luckily you weren't the one whose mother decided to abort. They've got no voice. I get the medical/**** concerns, but 300000 rapes and medically unfit babies per year? Lolnobro.

For everyone who wants to Firk irresponsibly and avoid the consequence? Grow a Firking pair and man up.

DarkJello likes this.
  17. DarkJello

My concern is, if too many "adults" shirk responsibility, it firks up society for essentially everyone. So this shiz is super serious when the long view is taken, IMO of course.

18. Baskitkase

Baskitkase Forum Royalty

Are we showing off assault rifles now?

It's not my AR-15 that anyone has to worry about though, its the mossberg 500 holstered behind my headboard. Highpowered Ammo goes through walls, hits family members. Being the great person I am, though, I have it loaded with 10:1 steelshot #9 and rocksalt. It will hurt worse than any pain you've ever experienced, but it will not kill you outside of 10 yards.. I do have 00 Buckshot magged to the stock if I need it though.

DarkJello likes this.
  19. DarkJello

"Double-aught" will ALWAYS be the height of fashion. With, or without, a beautiful bufanda (scarf), it is a sight to behold.

[​IMG]

20. Boozha

Boozha I need me some PIE!

Ah, gun nuts. Never change.

Did I say "change"? I meant "come over here"