Player Expansion Preview/Discussion (Protectorate Champions)

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Sokolov, Mar 7, 2017.

1. Braxzee

Braxzee I need me some PIE!

Ferren Flamecaller (ST)

This guy should at least get ferren focus as an option.

Frostfall Owzeloth (ST)-I agree with Calisk in loosing adaptive for something else....There can be some synergy with Hydras and running snow storms with a Azaren (who needs some tweaking from being nerfed passively) ....The nora cost is way high for that

Ice mage - Class Shaman

2. calisk

calisk I need me some PIE!

elusive doesn't protect from precision, and doesn't stop working if stunned

3. Xirone

Xirone I need me some PIE!

Here's a flavor text that is shorter than the original one I created (which was too long to fit). I like yours as well, choose which ever one (yours or mine) that you like!

"As the snake charmer S'ssha was cut down by a rampaging demon she, with her final breath, swore to assemble nature's vengeance from the beyond. Judging from what has just rolled by, it seems she has made good on her vow at last!" -Sipn, Master Bard of K'thir

Last edited: Mar 9, 2017
    NevrGonaGivUup likes this.
  4. Braxzee

To me she would come back as aspect or a spirit of the forest not a demon of which Nature, Kthir and most fantasy natured themes hate which are demons.

Xirone likes this.
  5. Xirone

The champ isn't a demon, though, but rather a giant mass of snakes who are pissed that their friend died and are looking for payback. S'ssha worked from beyond to assemble them but isn't in the ball o' snakes herself. The Serpentine Mass is nature's vengeance being wrought in circular fashion. They are angry like a demon but are not demons. If you read the flavor texts of other serpentine runes, you can see that the snake charmers look sweet but have an aggressive side.

NevrGonaGivUup likes this.
  6. Etherielin

Etherielin The Floof Cultist

I know, what's your point? I was merely answering Xirone's question regarding whether AE and Elusive cost the same. :p

Tweek516, Qucas and Xirone like this.
  7. calisk

calisk I need me some PIE!

ah I apologies was clarifying something that did not need to be clarified. was clarifying why it cost less before someone started asking why.

8. Braxzee

maybe absorb would best fit then

9. Braxzee

Seeing non ST and split champs, I do hope to see more of ST champs get freeze, Ice Guards, and crystallize. Yeah I know ST has plenty of these abilities, when you create a bg you like or worth playing they are hard to find.

Xirone likes this.
  10. Xirone

I like Spontaneous Regeneration best if Arrow Eater must go away. It's Sok's call. There are plenty of good possibilities!

11. Xirone

Apart from making it Class: Shaman/Wizard, how would you change the Icemage to be better in ST? I suggested having Crystallize and Freeze in separate upgrade paths so it can do both.

12. Sokolov

Sokolov The One True Cactuar Octopi

Will add.

Qucas likes this.
  13. Sokolov

Sokolov The One True Cactuar Octopi

I'll look at it.

Qucas likes this.
  14. Braxzee

I do not mind him the way he is ability wise for he is a split rune. For ST being a shaman would give him more synergy with other ST shamans since their are not many garu in ST. I would just like to see more of the abilities on this champ on FF ST champs.

15. Xirone

Dat Vanguard is gunna hit like a load of bricks with Pounce, Initiator, and Cull. An undamaged champion, with 0 AP, will be hurting. There is counterplay, of course, but it should be interesting to see how damaging it ends up being. Time will tell!

16. Xzablaz

Xzablaz I need me some PIE!

Wow, thanks a lot devs for the previews!
    I hope everyone like my idea for chirai dartblower and amarok frostborn!
    Hype hype hurrah!

Qucas and Etherielin like this.
  17. Boozha

Boozha I need me some PIE!

None of mine made it in? Boring, not gonna buy any

Screw you all

18. GoldTiger

GoldTiger I need me some PIE!

What did you make? Your competition didn't seem very fierce. Also perhaps they are showing the absolute garbage and the absolute best jus so they can get tweaked. Solid tunes may be left out.

19. Woffleet

Woffleet I need me some PIE!

20. GoldTiger

GoldTiger I need me some PIE!

The problem with tortuns for me is that they are all fat. Now they get a cheap ranged however I would have rathered a cheap melee instead. Good ranged comes at a premium making them innately more expensive. The melee champions that are runnable (not including supports) are all insanely expensive.