Player Expansion Preview (Protectorate Non-Champions)

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Sokolov, Feb 18, 2017.

1. calisk

calisk I need me some PIE!

hmmmm.....

well st has no shortage of defensive relics though nothing th at goodthat would fit the role of "font contestor", i.e cheap and usually beneficial for your opponent to kill it, i.e bone mine.

we also don't have muchin the lines of offensive relics other then sapphire catalyst

2. Sokolov

Sokolov The One True Cactuar Octopi

Yea, I think this does potentially fit the "contest" roll with a side of utility. Which is why I dropped the Propagate so the cost could stay low and actually be useful that way (also, Propagate: Self would be very similar to Endless Iceburg).

Maybe this just needs a situational active instead of Catalyst.

3. Braxzee

Braxzee I need me some PIE!

I do not see why catalyst frost would help this, it is just going to get ranged attack, I think snow trap will always win as a contest relic, the detect is really useful. I always thought that ice statue should have detect added on to it with a nora increase. Ice statue also hurts your champs but detect would make it worth it and it looks like a detect unit.

Back to the relic if it dropped ice front and catalyst and just added propagate and stealth with the detect that may work

4. Braxzee

Sapphire catalyst could be really good if their was a FF ST champ that could relocate it

5. Sokolov

It's why I am thinking about a situational active instead? (for example, see Shatter on the KF relic)

6. Sokolov

So you like it with the Ice Front + Propagate Self route with Shadowspawn? Propagate Self removes Shadowspawn tho.

7. calisk

sent you an idea, it could be an activated ability.

anyway if we are sticking to existing stuff, maybe force barrier? i'd say the on demand gale wall is too much but we have summon ice block for the same price which does that and nobody really uses it except me, and that takes an entire deck of nothing but slam units to see play....so eh.

8. Xirone

Xirone I need me some PIE!

Instead of Propagate Self, it could be like Head of Osarius/Catharsis Bloom and spawn another one after X turns.

9. calisk

Seems like a better option

10. Sokolov

That is what Propagate Self is. It is on Head/Catharsis Bloom:

At the end of every 6 turns, a copy of this unit (without Propgate: Self and Shadowspawn) is summoned to a random location within 4 spaces of a random friendly copy of this unit.

11. Sokolov

Note that these aren't supposed to have completely new abilities, but there can be exceptions if really good idea/needed.

12. Sokolov

That's a much stronger Crack the Earth, especially with in faction gale as you said, but it's an option. Clearly Ice Block is nowhere near the same level of utility tho.

13. Xirone

Xirone I need me some PIE!

Ahhh, so it is. I was thinking you were speaking about that terrible ability Rapid Growth. Sorry for the confusion.

14. GoldTiger

GoldTiger I need me some PIE!

Perhaps the ability hypnofrog has (halluciongenic?)? It is a 'moon pearl' after all so it's all sorts of mysterious and exotic.

15. Sokolov

Not as exotic as you are, @GoldTiger

Could be a good fit tho!

16. Braxzee

well the original stays in stealth mode..but you would have to remove ice front for it would be to easy to find

17. Braxzee

ST has relics that would over ride this relic and prolly will not see much play. I could see Ice Watch becoming a nora gem instead...Cleansing emerald is sooo expensive...and Tiger eye is just not practical for a crystal theme. The lumi ability could be frozen or catalyst frost or create ice block.

ANother total idea was to give other Ice relics more health. Kind of a Ice watcher of making sure ice is strong in that sense.

18. Sokolov

That would require a fully new ability, so that's a no go.

Etherielin and Tweek516 like this.
  19. IronStylus

IronStylus I need me some PIE!

I will make a comment list on every rune as everyone does it here:
    Fairy Circle (KF Relic - Nora 35, HP: 20) - I understand it as this: If you can't keep your champion alive anymore, can't heal up, strategic retreat won't work and it's gonna be killed anyways you put this relic, contest a font probably and it still fights for you? woo that's freaking awesome. It's also non-direct damage which is a good thing generally for kf and fairies deserve it as their basic attacks do nothing usually
    Arcane Oddity (KF Relic - Nora: 35, HP: 20) - instant shatter, but kind of makes you play equipments. I suppose it can target itself with enchant: magic, if it can it will be an awesome, universal and viable rune for many themes. Not sure about new moving relics mechanics with teleport; it might be cool to play with but not sure if against.
    Moon Pearl (FS Relic - Nora: 30, HP: 20) - ok, so the AoE5 on starshine is two sides, because if you put it inside contested font at 'your edge' it will reach your melee in whole font - really really strong. The downside of the big aoe is because it can affect your other, ranged champions (as example to imagine the situation I took fishkisser and snap ancient obviously ;p) or anything that doesn't want to be starshined atm. reflection is mostly flavor?. could be also 35 nora as it almost auto wins 1v1 melee to melee situation and is a relic.
    Kaleidoscope Mirror (FS Relic - Nora: 35, HP: 20) ok good.
    Tesladin Coils (IS Relic - Nora: 30, HP: 20)
    This relic has Static Greeting and Repulsion. - not sure, I don't play much IS but I think it outclasses unobstructed view in viability as detection source (has combat value)
    Silverclan Impactor (IS Relic - Nora: 30. HP: 20) i just wonder how it will look like. I wish it would look as weird and complicated as i imagine. (flying mechanized rock that has some device underneath that could shake the ground around it with impact?)
    Icewatch (ST Relic - Nora: 25, HP: 20) - nothing really to add here, cool if it got somehow propagate (the combination with detection) Edit: ok i read the comments.
    Mondo Satori (ST Equipment - Nora: 25) :d I like the name, even though i have no idea what can it mean
    ;note: monks need something that wont be able to knock them in their NKD formation, (also protect from spells, attacks, distracts, stuns, which i something I see as the fun part of playing them) and something that gives them a powerturn when they finally decide to attack. Im just not sure about equip that gives them more defense that is countered by precision again, but it's always cool to have more options.
    Also I don't think they need an equip that gives fury and scrapper, they need a champion that has fury and scrapper/nkd or another ability that will make him a threat if he keeps calmly fightning. (I like the idea where you need to choose between saving ap and making an attack to keep your damage raising if it's 1v1 long fight situation if it were NKD+fury) Not really hating much, just wonder if they won't become a theme that tries to be complete by adding equips with abilities they need.

Last edited: Feb 19, 2017
    Xirone likes this.
  20. calisk

hmm probably not for this relic but I wonder about giving a defensive relic projection so it creates it's own defender.

in st it could be an ice guardian or something