Please Buff Draksar Ranged Units

Discussion in 'Sundered Lands' started by mw24, Jul 4, 2015.

1. mw24

mw24 I need me some PIE!

Please buff them and SL ranged units in general. SL has a general lack of meta worthy ranged units to run in competitive mixed bgs. Draksars are coming together quite nicely with the recent changes but still lack sufficient ranged options that a bg would usually need to be competitive.

Draksar psion isn't bad and was a good unit before the recosting but now it is just mediocre, draksar ravenspeaker cost too much nora, draksar high priest, archer, and gunner all have very low stats and no dot. draksar rocketeer is a decent unit until he runs out of ammunition and turns into pretty much a throw away unit at 1 ranged with defenseless... Judge torien has judgement which is a huge sandbag and completely worthless in a draksar bg, he also is seriously lacking stats at only 40 hp and range at 2-4.(awful range...)

Really the only decent draksar ranged unit is psion and he is barely a competitive rune. With decent ranged units and a cost reduction to dreadnought to make him runnable(and regen) this theme would be in a very good place.

2. mw24

mw24 I need me some PIE!

The reason draksar aren't competitive is because of their awful ranged units. If they had decent ranged then they would be playable at pretty much every rank.

With the way the game is setup the majority of bgs need decent ranged units to compete against other top tier bgs including draksar. Even UD( the faction with a ton of anti range) is starting to rely on them more after many nerfs to its melee playstyle.

3. mw24

mw24 I need me some PIE!

What I am saying is most bg need 4-6 solid ranged options to be competitive. Just because there is a problem with ranged being too strong doesn't mean that draksar should suffer until this problem is dealt with. Many people including myself would like to see draksar used much more often in the higher ranks. If they had decent ranged options they would be.

4. claydude5

claydude5 The King of Potatoes

"BUFF THIS STUFF I WANT TO PLAY"

MW threads in a nutsack

5. MEATMAN

MEATMAN Forum Royalty

you go find these people and you bring them to this thread then to support you

6. mw24

mw24 I need me some PIE!

4-6 ranged slots is what I generally use in my competitive bgs, not counting pseudo range.

7. mw24

mw24 I need me some PIE!

I don't need anyone else to support my thread.

8. limone1981

limone1981 I need me some PIE!

dude all for you is ranged....buff ranged ud, buff ranged voil,buff ranged draksar....

Qucas, jeeperz2 and claydude5 like this.
  9. claydude5

claydude5 The King of Potatoes

Its because he is a noob who needs OP runes to win. You saw that when he got roflstomped by BP and cried because his OP runes got nerfed.

10. mw24

mw24 I need me some PIE!

sure...

buff draksar range pls, thx.

11. MEATMAN

MEATMAN Forum Royalty

then why even state that more people also want range buffed if you can't even back it up?

you says runes, but it was more like 1 rune.

12. limone1981

wait wait wait....2 weeks agp you were syaing that UD can't rely on ranged unit and now you say that also the melee faction relies on ranged units??

it was a sweet week without your delirium

jeeperz2, Qucas, Ifem21 and 1 other person like this.
  13. themacca

themacca Master of Challenges

Draksars dont need more range. gunner , psion, high priest and ravenspeaker all good units stastically and have interesting utilities that contribute to the theme.

claydude5 and spineyftw like this.
  14. limone1981

so KF is dominating the meta with AP gen and ranged,right? jokes a part I got your point but still saying every other day buff this or buff that just because he wants to exploit a particular bg sounds and is ridicolous!

15. spineyftw

spineyftw I need me some PIE!

I don't even think Drakkies need a push at all. They're playable, yet not OP. Exactly where they need to be.

I'd even go as far as to say that Draksar is probably the most flexible theme in the game. There are so many options of solid runes you can run. This is what we should be striving for, not something that needs to be changed.

jeeperz2, Qucas, Ifem21 and 1 other person like this.
  16. themacca

themacca Master of Challenges

draksars are also getting this little ap synergy added in since the inclusion of flaggeum and i would like to see them go further down that road

17. spineyftw

spineyftw I need me some PIE!

I can see that. Draksar are SL through and through. In terms of a push, I'd love to see a bit of variety within the theme (SL as a whole, really). That being said, I think Draksar are spot on strength wise. I'd much rather see top tier themes toned down as opposed to perfectly playable "mid" tier themes like Draksar buffed up.

18. Skeezick

Skeezick Forum Royalty

/supported

19. Faust

Faust Devotee of the Blood Owl

I am here my friend, i fully support idea of buffing Ranged Draksar units, we have fine 6 spd off tanks, but our ranged options suck, look at our archer 77 nora 9 dmg unit lack of violent killed him.

from runable ones we have hmm Psion ?

20. MEATMAN

MEATMAN Forum Royalty

ravenspeaker? popehat?

and besides, psion is pretty decent enough.