Please help me , about FS Psychic bg

Discussion in 'Forglar Swamp' started by flash88, Nov 29, 2014.

1. flash88

flash88 Member

Hello create or not create a bg psy ???
    worth it?
    and the neuromancer? is a key champion for the bg?

2. profhulk

profhulk Forum Royalty

I must say your best psychic amp now are the firk helms. The best psychic is going to be firk based bg with a few other psychic runes to add flavor such as extispicer. I use the firk sensorate and the other firks upgraded with psychic jab. Firk mindshredders are key as well. I will put together a firk bg and post it here for you.

3. flash88

flash88 Member

thank you, I await your post then :)
    imagine psychic psychic amplification jab + 40% should be a very good damage, but I have doubts as to nuromancer, but should be a good rune, I think I'll end up buying at least one to the bg, if it is so so important

4. AmmonReros

AmmonReros I need me some PIE!

if you have the gold (24.000, or 2000 owl credits for that matter) know that you can purchase the deck Neuromancy from the market too. That has a Neuromancer in it. And some other stuff.

basically what makes Psy Bgs these days is an overload of Psychic Jab though. From Neuromancer, Firk Botanist and Firm Mindweaver.

5. Tweek516

Tweek516 I need me some PIE!

http://www.poxbase.com/deck/C80chWcq-c21CwPC6ZCVCuICa9cips71s4@S2Hs6ls3osOSAs1le2zEZe25
    This is what i threw together at about 2 last night. I'd like to include another mastermind and shredder but space is so tight on the FS side of things.
    I also made this on a budget, hence the lack of neuromancers and exctispicers (spelling?) - although, they don't seem to necessary.
    I guess I could use some critique on it from some of the more seasoned FS players out there.

6. profhulk

profhulk Forum Royalty

Here is an example of a psychic bg I have in my que.
    http://poxbase.com/deck/cwxcd@C80ChWcq=Cq-cwPC6ZCtACVs1s6Ts44s45s7qs34s5Bs54r39r2HrWEZe2w
    To explain a bit. I have included 2 firk botanist for psychic jab and there are 2 firk savants for magic dmg. You can use any number of fs runes for de equipping I prefer the spell loot. My spell set is 1 of each because you often run into problems if you try to run all psychic spells. I like to run 1 psionic impact because it grants global spot knock back to all friendly psychic damage champions for the duration of the turn. What this means is if the opponent has positioned any of his champs near a chasm you can surprise them by casting this spell and hitting the champ near the chasm 3 times taking his ap and knocking him into the chasm for the kill. You can also reposition flying champions into a chasm with the spot knockback granted from psionic impact and follow up with a monsoon to ground and chasm kill them. I included an extispicer because his contagion ability is a nice addition to any psychic bg. Spot poison dot to lower armor, mark stealth champions, and can be applied via psychic ping or jab if the enemy is in extispicer's contagion range. I have included 1 or 2 draksar psion because he is a great six range psychic champ and with his backlash upgrade you can control your enemies nora gen and can apply the soultap dot with soultap garnet to do extra damage.

7. flash88

flash88 Member

yes I agree, psychic jabs give excellent damage, an idea I had was to make a psychic split with UD, we can add 2 more champions with psychic jab (soul crawler)
    and more spell superiority (psychic damage): D maybe

8. flash88

flash88 Member

hey then think alike lol
    I also thought about creating a split with ud, that your bg would be very bom.só think could include 2x superiority, is a spell that can cause 20 damage with psychic jab
    good idea.the neuromancer is very well replaced

9. flash88

flash88 Member

I do not know where to start with a psychic bg are so many options, but the one you went looks very interesting.
    but maybe I would take the firk Shreder mind, because it has 8 damage, and second I am not mistaken, all the damage below 12 does not work in amplification (correct me if I'm wrong), at least when I tested, but still it can serve.

ah yes, circadian vault can solve the problem of an opponent come with psychic immunity, thought well.
    just do not know why you guys hate neuromancer haha xD but really it is a bg many options.
    thank you I'll better see this bg :)

10. profhulk

profhulk Forum Royalty

I dislike using neuromancer because of how powerful he was before the revamp. He is not as powerful now and I am sad when I deploy him the way he is now.

11. Flyingfinn

Flyingfinn I need me some PIE!

I suggest using either a FS/ST or FS/UD psychic deck. With Shardseer Argol and chillshard. ST and UD provide good champs and spells for psychic decks!

12. Centuros

Centuros Active Member

Split with UD for Argol (as a Split Hero; he has amp) and Mindslicer Boomerang/Maddening Echoes (both good psychic spells, though echoes might not be right for this kind of bg).
    If you can keep a majority of champs as Firk, you could also use UD's best AOE, Superiority (it also does psy damage).

Just throwing ideas at the wall, though, I haven't tried any of this (I don't have Argol to entice me to split).

It strikes me that Stitched Dreameater would be pretty good in tandem with Chillshard and Extispicer.

Last edited: Dec 2, 2014
  13. AmmonReros

AmmonReros I need me some PIE!

Echoes is Sonic Damage.

Dreameater is indeed a good rune to run but it kinda lost value with the revamp (like so many other runes). At least that, and some other things, made me delete my UD/FS psy bg.

14. doubtofbuddha

doubtofbuddha I need me some PIE!

http://poxbase.com/deck/CwxCd@C80Cq=cq-CwPC6ZCVCols1s6Tsqs45s34s5Bs54rNrGrWe2zEZ

Once I get all the runes together, this is what I am going to play around with.

I like the ability of the extispicer to provide an effective buff to your units, and think that running two of them is important. When combined with Chillshard, the two Firk Masks, and the 6 units with Psychic Jab you can make your psychic attacks pretty effective both when trying to one round a single target and when just generally wearing your opponents down.

As an acknowledgement that alternate damage is necessary, I have included 2 Firk Mimics and will assign the Firk Psions Magical Attack as their upgrade. This may not quite be enough, but there really is not that much in the way of immunity or resistance to psychic out there. The only time I really see the focus on psychic damage being a problem is when facing the Protection spell from KF or a deck with lots of incorporeals.

Any thoughts?

15. Skullferno

Skullferno I need me some PIE!

I remember the good old days when Firk Priestess, Firk Diplomat, and Neuromancer were actually viable.....

welp. Back to meta until they either get buffed or my hope depletes and I just go play another faction till we get a new guy in office who likes the hipster themes such as Psy and Jellibrium(which are sortav the same thing in a sense)

16. bluestun

bluestun Member

You could always split with kf since they too have a number of psychic champs.