Please Reevaluate The Token Prices

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by zoiks, Mar 23, 2014.

1. zoiks

zoiks The King of Potatoes

Their gold price is more than triple what it was before.

8 Bronze, 9 Silver and 13 Gold tokens for 7500 gold = 1950 cp; 2050 if you assume 1 gold gets replaced with a platinum. In the old system, 7500 gold was 75 gold tokens which was 7500 cp (and even more if you wanted to buy silvers at 45 gold a pop).

Spending real money on tokens instead of a box is not something that appeals to me. You have better numbers on this than I do, but I assume not many are buying them.

The cost of tokens is making me not want to make new BGs that require champs that aren't already CPed. Right now, this isn't a big deal since most of my champs are already CPed. But when new boxes are released and I want to include those champs in a BG, I'm looking at using a week or two's worth of gold on tokens just to CP them (1600 CP for 2 copies of each new champ, assuming new expansions are similar to older ones).

It gets even worse if I want to play multiple factions - like I usually do.

BurnPyro likes this.
  2. Greysands22

Greysands22 I need me some PIE!

Just buy 30 tokens packs with gold.

3. KTCAOP

KTCAOP I need me some PIE!

There has been a lot of discussion on this topic, though the thread has fallen off quite a bit. Overall, I believe the general idea is to wait to see what will happen with CP/Upgrades. As is, the token packs have already received a reduced price though the SOE gold gain was significantly higher.

I'll reiterate that I really don't have that many problems buying token individually with gold or shards, but we were definitely extremely spoiled with the ease of ability and the cheapness of tokens at SOE. As it is, I haven't really sat down that much to consider if I feel the tokens are at "a fair price", but then again, I still CP my runes without tokens...

Last edited: Mar 23, 2014
  4. KTCAOP

KTCAOP I need me some PIE!

Those are the packs I believe he is talking about?

5. zoiks

I made this thread because I'd like to discuss this. Part of participating in the discussion though is reading the OP. You clearly did not and I'd recommend that you do so before replying in the future.

I may be remembering prices wrong, but I think the only cost reduction token packs have received was an owl credit reduction. I'm not a big fan of CPing champs through play - mostly because CP gain is so low. My complaint could possibly disappear if that were raised, but it would still feel unnecessary to have to play a few games with an underpowered champ.

Last edited: Mar 23, 2014
  6. Zenity

Zenity Devotee of the Blood Owl

If everyone wants to use tokens to level their champs or otherwise levels them by grinding, then the system is just a pointless annoyance. Let's wait and see what the new system will be like.

7. uaChakra

uaChakra Member

Better to not post thread like this , previous time when community ask about this, gold farm rate was decreased and thing become even worse, be happy with that what you have now.

8. Wikiwikiwa

Wikiwikiwa The King of Potatoes

"Hi Desert Owl, could you please lower the token prices?"
    -Desert Owl removes all runes except Skeeziks-

9. zoiks

Correlation != causation

10. MentalMoles

MentalMoles I need me some PIE!

I think its actually part of a bigger problem, I truly believe the CP system should be removed entirely along with all tokens.

Nemorga and Dresnar20365988 like this.
  11. IceNorth

IceNorth Devotee of the Blood Owl

Runes are getting a major overhaul, along with CP system most likely. Let's wait and see what changes owl's do first.

Altho yea, like this CP system is rather pointless. If they make system good, like base rune costs less, abilities add cost thing, and with better Cp gain per game (4-5 TIMES better) system can stay. Cost could stay too as expensive quick lvl up to max, or just few lvl's u'd need instead of playing 10-15 games with a rune with discount as opposed to current 50+ with a subpar rune.

12. uaChakra

uaChakra Member

+Nora cost for each upgrade is good idea, but this change make ST even more popular. Tundra whisper + wish would be auto-include.

13. IceNorth

IceNorth Devotee of the Blood Owl

It would be changed, at least say to cost half of skill upgrade's cost in nora to use the skill.

14. Dresnar20365988

Dresnar20365988 Devotee of the Blood Owl

This. An unnecessary burden on new players. Annoying for old players. Lose Lose = bad

15. rickyjpen

rickyjpen Devotee of the Blood Owl

I posted a thread that got massive amounts of heat on this exact topic. Best thing to do is just wait. I mean tokens cost too much as is but the whole system is going to be re-worked soon.

Just chill out for a minute and lets see what the owls do with the re-work :)!

16. stfn

stfn Member