Please remove or grant access to runes that simply can't be acquired

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by IceHippo, Apr 15, 2014.

1. IceHippo

IceHippo Active Member

This is mostly about Fan Faire as I have been mostly playing KF. It is an unfortunate oversight that any runes that are unique and playable are basically unobtainable. This is a no-brainer and should be fixed eventually, just make them legendary and spawn in packs. All runes should be accessible to all players, even if by lottery(ie packs). If the only way to obtain any rune(except special LE versions of otherwise obtainable runes) is through trading for a very limited supply with older players then the system is broken. I know this is a minor problem affecting only a tiny percentage of runes, but it is still very off putting to new players.

2. BansheeX

BansheeX I need me some PIE!

I dont think anyone outside the vultures disagrees with this.

Fikule and Kimiz like this.
  3. JaceDragon

JaceDragon I need me some PIE!

I completly agree with you.
    There are no reasons to have runes which are unobtainable.

4. Indijanac

Indijanac I need me some PIE!

Make a non collectible version of it .. Like different art or something then every one is happy

kat7ra, Faust and rickyjpen like this.
  5. ArchersAxe

ArchersAxe Member

Hey, I have Fan Faire, maybe I disagree with this. :p

But no, I mean this is more of a minor thing thankfully. I wouldn't mind if Fan Faire had a Legendary counterpart like the Sacred Tundra Amulet etc. does. Fan Faire is sort of debatable because although it is a unique spell, one has to be very careful about when casting it. But that's a different topic I suppose.

Sure why not.

6. rickyjpen

rickyjpen Devotee of the Blood Owl

I tend to agree they should be much more obtainable.

7. Faust

Faust Devotee of the Blood Owl

LEG Harbs / Dooms plax

8. Theoril

Theoril Member

This. Give them a legendary counterpart (Like Angels have one)! A limited rune is still a limited rune.

9. Zenity

Zenity Devotee of the Blood Owl

Or give them the Polymorph treatment, they remain tradable but cannot be played in ranked (that's what Faeria did with kickstarter exclusive rewards). But if they are fun to play with, then going the re-skin route is probably better.

10. Baskitkase

Baskitkase Forum Royalty

If you want to play a rune there should be some reasonable way of obtaining it.

tehnicianu likes this.
  11. tehnicianu

tehnicianu New Member

Simply this....

Before .... I used to get the runes I need easier then now because limited is out of range....

12. Boozha

Boozha I need me some PIE!

Leg Reskins plx

13. darklord48

darklord48 Forum Royalty

I think the previous thread about this had a consensus that there should be a legendary version of the limited runes so that everyone can get them, but the limited still have some value beyond the legendaries.

14. ArchersAxe

ArchersAxe Member

Only collectible value, and if the game is expanded too far like this, there would be no point in having both LE and Leg because all of the collectors would be fed up with the treatment they're getting. We've already experienced this in the past a few times. Just take this with a grain of salt.

I'm not saying LE's deserve to be impossible to obtain, but I know other threads have suggested "Fire Sale" ideas where DoG would put out a pack containing X and would only be available for Y hours OR Z packs. To avoid demolishing the already probably paying playerbase, this would probably be the optimal option. Just using Doombringers as an example; Sale announced on site news only for one hour. If 40 packs were bought within the hour OR the limited amount of packs was set to 40, we'd be looking at a projected spread of 5 Doombringers per faction. This would help take into account those who have chosen to hold onto them or have quit the game and would keep a small amount circulating.

The idea to limiting the pack amount would be to assure that people do not slam down a load of cash with a promised huge payout. There are other ways to limiting through this idea (i.e. Allowing each player to only buy 1).

By doing such a sale, DoG would be provided with a small sum of cash and the in-game economy would be spurred. If these sales were done some time after a release is would be great instead of releasing Legendaries like cray.

15. Boozha

LE should be LE; forever. For gameplay there should be reskins. Making LE nothing but a lie is silly.

16. Boozha

I'd really want legendary doombringers actually, but LE means limited edition. Making limited edition not limited edition is just silly.

17. kagebunshn

kagebunshn I need me some PIE!

Remember when magic the gathering first came out...I'm so glad they made black lotuses and moxes unobtainable or gave a copy of them to everyone...Actually, they didn't, and MtG is on I think its 64th expansion now and doing JUST fine for itself. Beta black lotuses are worth about $4000 now. People who have them have had them for a really long time, and it is perfectly fine to phase out access to something after a while. The fact that everyone doesn't have harbingers means everyone should have them now? Don't think it works that way. They are obtainable, if you are willing to pay what the market demands....offer enough in chat and u can find a seller.

Nebron likes this.
  18. Boozha

Thats stupid, too. An equivalent to a meta-worthy card should be available for less than the price of a motorbike. What I'm proposing would be a solution for both players and collectors.

19. kagebunshn

kagebunshn I need me some PIE!

Well to be fair, 'meta-worthy' is kinda a toss up right now as they are hitting the 'reset' button and we have no idea how great/catastrophic it will be at this point.

I am a bit annoyed though that they are still advertising The Ronin as 'coming soon'. Its been over a month and they have said they aren't releasing it until after the revamp, which doesn't have a release date either. Coming Soon does not mean what they think it means. I would be a lot happier if they released the Ronin before hand as updated to their new design standards. It's a lot less work for them that way, and still gives them a way to earn money in the short term as well as give us all a taste of the new material before they drop a 2,000 rune re-launch patch on us. Also if the feedback is terrible then that gives them something to learn from and its easier to tweak a new rune that needs balancing than a old rune that people are used to using for years. It's much more personal to people that are used to it already. I know I am not the only one just itching to give the owls money.

20. dooiefries

dooiefries The King of Potatoes

Making the comparison with Black Lotus from magic is very silly. The Black Lotus is not allowed in any competetive format!!! Thus the high price is only for collecters value and not a must pay to get a competetive deck.

Zenity likes this.