Polluted Martyr

Discussion in 'Forsaken Wastes' started by Vorian, May 16, 2014.

1. Vorian

Vorian I need me some PIE!

This rune costs 54 nora if you include soulshift. Short lived 2 doesn't matter as most melee champs don't last more than 10 turns anyway. The great thing is it is balanced because you have to save up 90 nora to deploy it.

Last edited: May 16, 2014
  2. Fikule

Fikule I need me some PIE!

I bought that reasoning.

Lets hope the enemy factions do :)

3. Mercer Skye

Mercer Skye I need me some PIE!

It gets even cheaper than that if you can expand into deeper discounts.

Globe = 14n
    Death Harvester = 7n
    BotU = 3n
    Soulsift 2 = 36

These alone knock a whopping 60n off of the 90n investment. That's a measly 30n down if you can get all those planets to line up. And someone might be less rusty than I am, but I swear there's one or maybe two more possible discounts I'm forgetting.

4. BansheeX

BansheeX I need me some PIE!

Deadeater from bird

5. WraithxxV

WraithxxV Active Member

Globe leaves double nora, I don't think you guys took that into account. This of course increases the amount gained from boon too, and as Banshee said, Dead Eater. In total I think if everything lines up you actually gain nora.

But...a good player isn't going to let everything line up ;)

6. GabrielQ

GabrielQ I need me some PIE!

globe gives 30% and soulsift 40% of the cost, that's -63 nora, add 7 from death harvester so rune cost 20 nora with totally possible setup, I'm not counting BotU because best soul collector right now is ghost stalker and cast despoil is the second best alternative.
    Now, to really make a good deal with polluted martyr, you have to use gravewatchers, why? because PM isn't reliable because he's SL2 and has a really long cooldown, so, even using 2, you'll fall short of melee champions in most matches, by using a gravewatcher, you can reutilize one polluted martyr by resetting his cooldown and another with reanimate (it works on 2x2 units?) the reanimated one, specially, will cost 44 nora, but will still refund the fixed 70 so it's actually a better deal than running just martyrs, and it will solve the problem or running out of melee (how many do you need to last a match?) as 1 gravewatcher and 2 polluted martyrs will give you the opportunity to deploy 4 times.

7. Fikule

You can't reanimate or use gravewatchers on Martyrs unfortunately :(

8. GabrielQ

well, without the CD manipulation, PM is shoeboxed IMO.

9. Ballballer

Ballballer Chief Antagonist

Ummm lol......he is definitely not shoeboxed. I do not even know what to say besides the fact that you are blatantly wrong

10. Mercer Skye

Mercer Skye I need me some PIE!

You can't gravetend him, but you can dump his cd with gravewatcher. And thank you Banshee and Gabe for remembering what I had forgotten.

So yeah, refined;

Double Globe; 28n
    Dead Eater; 6n
    BotU; 4n
    Soulsift; 36

So, if the stars align, that's a whole 74n. 16n spent for all that meat, two-rows of flamethrower out of the gate, Death nova (albeit a terrible damage type), and quite possibly one of the most efficient repurpose targets we have in FW.

Enough so that I'd dare say 'you're doing it wrong' without at the very minimum one of these in a DB based deck.

11. GabrielQ

He may be super efficient but he lasts only a set amount of time and you can't recycle it, so you would have 2 slots of your bg dedicated to 16 rounds of board presence and that you cannot afford, you have to utilize other options, that is what people do fyi.

12. GabrielQ

that's if your martyrs are doing the job perfectly. what if they not? you deploy one against KF, it gets CC'ed to death, you deploy another and is killed and you are left without melee to handle the garu den mothers and enforcers. You would rather have coragh and ethereal soldier in that case.

13. Fikule

Well if he wastes all the effort actually killing the martyr, that's pretty much mission accomplished. He wasted all his ap on a short lived unit and you lost about 30 Nora from the exchange.

And since the thing has initiative you probably got a flamethrower off too. If it managed to hit two units, the 30 Nora was worth it alone without all the tanking.

14. GabrielQ

It was surely worth it, but now you have to contest that font with your ghost stalker or your whisperghast, that is my point.

15. Fikule

Yeah, he probably isn't an early-game rune. But he is worth his cost throughout the course of a match.