popularity contest aka <C>ouncil

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by only, Mar 21, 2014.

1. RedDain

RedDain I need me some PIE!

No they shouldn't. They should take into account the votes and recommendations from the players on the forums, should ALSO take into account past history and interactions, and should ULTIMATELY decide for themselves who they will choose as "balance advisors"

GabrielQ and BurnPyro like this.
  2. Makorov

Makorov I need me some PIE!

I'm sorry, I might have missed something. Are you using Baskit and DMr's argument as proof the council is a bad idea?
    If so, lol.

Dagda likes this.
  3. tangmcgame

tangmcgame I need me some PIE!

This whole thing sounds like a bad idea, but maybe it'll work out. Dunno'. Wish splits got some representation, too, because they're awesome.

#sayeverythingthatsalreadybeensaid

Peace out.

4. Nebron

Nebron I need me some PIE!

Boy this thread became the poster child for why these kinds of groups don't work. 10/10

5. Dagda

Dagda Forum Royalty

I don't agree, nor do I see what you're getting at.

6. Markoth

Markoth Lord Inquisitor

I was actually pretty pleased that the majority of the people nominated stayed out of most of it.

Axeraiser likes this.
  7. Nebron

Nebron I need me some PIE!

My point is that when people start having issues with each other over stupid things it's hard to be civil. This thread just devolved in a matter of days over things that happened at least a year ago. We expect them to make rational decisions TOGETHER over things that impact the game? You notice that not a single one of them said 'Our decision' or 'what WE did.' They say x player was responsible. That doesn't sound like people that were a team trying to make the game better which is the entire point of this venture.

8. BansheeX

BansheeX I need me some PIE!

It is in my picture folder (I never bother to delete pictures in it.)
    And no, people can say pretty much what they want about my mother but when they target my daughter I become furious. That screenshot is the only one i ever bothered to take and use to report anyone during the time I have played.

I dont concider myself thinskinned and even if i did, a comment like that should never be tolerated in any conversation between players.

9. TheNidhogg

TheNidhogg I need me some PIE!

Yeah, I understand. I'm not defending saying that because it's not right. Just recommending to take it easy, that's all.

10. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

You're judging a complete group of players based on a few people going at it. I agree that this behavior is extremely poor and unacceptable but let's not judge the whole world for it.

11. Geressen

Geressen Forum Royalty

seriously though, somebody tell this guy;

SL is the troll and zealot faction.

12. Ohmin

Ohmin Forum Royalty

Technically, IS is the troll faction and SP the zealot faction (for lack of Protoss).

BurnPyro likes this.
  13. Geressen

Geressen Forum Royalty

Trolls and Zealots as champs came after the SL playerbase, Let sleeping dragons lie young broodling.

14. Dagda

Dagda Forum Royalty

I disagree with the premise that the point of the council is to be a team effort (although I don't see it as being clearly worded).

In addition, regardless of their personal issues, Baskit and DMr did agree on a decent number of things in the CPoD

and sidenote? Most of the people talking about our decisions as CPoD in this thread were throwing blame around to see where it would stick- you don't tend to associate yourself with that.

So will there be potential interpersonal conflicts if this happens? Yeah. No ****in duh. If the risk of people getting hurt feelings and acting like idiots is an incentive to stop something before you start it then as a species we'd never go anywhere.

Worry about mediation if and when it's needed. In the meantime, I promote using what you have available

Ohmin, Shimaru, BansheeX and 3 others like this.
  15. RedDain

RedDain I need me some PIE!

Dagda is my hero.

16. Dagda

Dagda Forum Royalty

It's the least I can do, ma'am

17. Markoth

Markoth Lord Inquisitor

Dag you are scaring me. You are posting serious posts! Who are your really!

18. Dagda

Dagda Forum Royalty

I've always been serious when I needed to be, apparently with more and more of the Pox playerbase's reasonable and rational voices having left that means adding more confusion just creates a headache

19. Sokolov

Sokolov The One True Cactuar Octopi

I just wanted to say that the responsibility for patches always comes down to the developers of the game. PDC and other players in advisory roles were there to provide feedback and suggestions, but nothing goes into the game without an actual team member's approval. If the decision maker doesn't understand or know the game enough to filter out BS or whatever, then it is still their fault, not the person who made the suggestion.

Sepulcher, Ohmin, Etherielin and 7 others like this.
  20. darklord48

darklord48 Forum Royalty

Glad to see you're still around Sok.

Ohmin likes this.