Positives

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Goatmanji, Aug 23, 2014.

1. Goatmanji

Goatmanji I need me some PIE!

So much negativity around here... even from those that have previously been the voices of optimism. Lots of threads are doom-saying, argumentative, or simply rages. But it's not all bad, is it? Surely even the most jaded players keep coming back for something.

What are some things that you feel are positives about Pox right now? What do you still love about it?

I realize I'm probably among the minority, and I honestly haven't logged all that many PvP games overall, but I'm still enjoying Pox every day. Even the days that I only log in for the dailies. I don't do that for any other game; something about Pox Nora in specific draws me back. The magic is still there, the core game is still amazing. I enjoy building bg's, and love the excitement rush of noticing a previously undiscovered ability combination or pulling a good EXO out of a pack. I get a sense of satisfaction when I one-round a particularly annoying champ or wrestle back control of a font.

(please don't follow your positives with 'but' or 'however', or argue against others' positives with the same complaints about the state of affairs that is hammered repeatedly in every other thread. There's a plethora of negative posts on these forums, please direct your complaints to one of them. I'd like to have a positive thread, if at all possible, hence the title--these forums certainly can use one...)

ProR2D2, Entrepidus, Goyo and 6 others like this.
  2. Makorov

Makorov I need me some PIE!

now that there are even less players, I think I have a shot at limited league!

Nebron, Tweek516, Etherielin and 7 others like this.
  3. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

I laughed.

Dagda likes this.
  4. Xiape

Xiape I need me some PIE!

With fewer updates, I don't have to run the poxwiki update script as much!

5. XFurionsX

XFurionsX I need me some PIE!

There are a lot of runes now in PB that i know i wouldnt get before revamp, so i got that going for me, wich is good.

jeeperz2 and Woffleet like this.
  6. badgerale

badgerale Warchief of Wrath

People seem to forget that the game was practically dead when DoG took over. I would have thought everything would be seen as positive compared to that.

Goyo, Xirone, soulmilk and 2 others like this.
  7. Cydna

Cydna Forum Royalty

With a lot of the limited players quitting it makes it easier for me to snipe

8. Strings

Strings Devotee of the Blood Owl

It was dead because SoE had not touched the game for like 3-4 months (if not more). The game was more alive (IIRC) while SoE was giving regular updates.

9. badgerale

badgerale Warchief of Wrath

SoE decided to let the game die. DOG saved it.

If someone drags you from a burning building would you complain that they let your feet get singed or would you just be glad to be alive.

Goyo, WraithxxV, Paper Skull and 3 others like this.
  10. Cydna

Cydna Forum Royalty

Well, that's not a very good comparison.

If you were dead, and someone brought you back to life but you only had 2 arms would you be glad to be alive?

11. Sealer0

Sealer0 I need me some PIE!

Of course not, I can't live without my 3rd arm!

Diary of a chernobyl survivor.

12. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

If they two weeks later shanked me in my hospital bed, I might.

13. Anotherblackman

Anotherblackman I need me some PIE!

So you learned to live?

Guess everyone has to learn sometime.

14. Vorian

Vorian I need me some PIE!

They have made SP way more fun to play!

15. Ragic

Ragic I need me some PIE!

I like the fact that my play history and rank don't matter since NOONES rank matters now.

16. Authyrtyr

Authyrtyr The King of Potatoes

The answer evidently is "No" although apparently everyone thought it'd be funny to express that sarcastically. I for one am really happy with the increased communication from the devs over the SOE era and I feel that they're doing balance patches a lot better. However if you look at all the posts that will quote this one you'll see that everyone disagrees with me.

17. jeeperz2

jeeperz2 I need me some PIE!

Since revamp I have been able to try out 12 new themes whos runes I couldn't get before because nobody would trade them and after years of asking Sony for a new map it didn't even take DoG a year to give us one that is actually animated so I am happy.

WraithxxV and soulmilk like this.
  18. Baskitkase

Baskitkase Forum Royalty

I have more time to werkin on my bidnus which gives me sum change to fro.

-

Last edited: Aug 24, 2014
  19. Boozha

Boozha I need me some PIE!

Fs has far more viable and viableish themes now. Also we got away from KB + Poison Cloud finally, it was as boring to the FS player as to the opponent really.

badgerale and Sealer0 like this.
  20. Sealer0

Sealer0 I need me some PIE!

Scary thing, but that's one of your best posts of late.

21. SaintKiwi

SaintKiwi I need me some PIE!

No.

Ballballer likes this.