Positives

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Goatmanji, Aug 23, 2014.

1. Goatmanji

Goatmanji I need me some PIE!

Gettin' pretty negative in here.... oh well I tried.

Guess I can't expect a buncha pessimists to stay positive in one thread.

Burn, if it's so bad, why do you still come back? Not being snarky here, just honestly wondering.

jeeperz2 likes this.
  2. WraithxxV

WraithxxV Active Member

I actually stopped playing for a while near the end of SOE's reign, game had gotten way too stale for me. Since the revamp I've found the meta much more interesting, the game is as fun and unique as ever, the future looks interesting, and silliness is being worked on (there's just a lot to work through).

Honestly, my only negative point for DOG Pox is that some of the old players have turned the forums into a joke. :D

Sealer0 likes this.
  3. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

We're just living our seperate lives right now, seeing different people. But we both know that we get married in the end.

Goatmanji and SaintKiwi like this.
  4. Xirone

Xirone I need me some PIE!

To be fair, it would be the kids of the Chernobyl disaster with the penchant for growing extra arms, not the survivors themselves.

5. Goatmanji

Goatmanji I need me some PIE!

Good answer!

Respect +5

6. BroWatchThis

BroWatchThis Devotee of the Blood Owl

10/10
    Would read again.
    Edit: Just did.

7. Pedeguerra

Pedeguerra I need me some PIE!

Exactly.
    If speaking the truth means "being negative" (whatever that means to you or anyone for that matter), so be it. It's better than to just give a round of applause for bad moves. I mean, you might do it the first couple of times to cheer the guy up, but if he messes up a 3rd time you better not go soft on him, otherwise he wont learn from the mistakes made.

8. Sealer0

Sealer0 I need me some PIE!

The best way to improve this game is to ignore every good change made each patch, and whine about lack of progress and bad changes.

9. Pedeguerra

Pedeguerra I need me some PIE!

Look man, I have no idea how long you have played this game or for how long you have been a part of this community, but we have been extremely positive towards the game for the past what, 3 or 4 years. Know what that got us? Nothing. I mean, getting bought by DoG was certainly a good thing, but only because the game was dying in the first place.
    I have no idea why people think being realistic on this matter hurts Pox - it doesnt. If you think this so called "behavior" is what is driving new players away, then oh boy I have news for you.

Sealer0 likes this.
  10. badgerale

badgerale Warchief of Wrath

I think at this point we should just stop feeding the small bunch of doomsayers with attention, they are now emotionally invested in a particular narrative and whatever happens I can't see them breaking out of that.

Authyrtyr and Boozha like this.
  11. Sealer0

I think one of the reasons to why I'm annoyed by this "being realistical" post spam is because I'm a returning player who likes a lot of the changes, and thinks they bring the game closer to the state which I enjoyed most (between dawn of elements and broodcall), which is why I'm being positive about it. I left the game around heroes of maljaran, because the constant powercreep was simply too tiresome, and I thougt that balance was nonexistant. I've honestly tried to come back to the game before DoG, but bugs (fx. no sound, major fps drops) and powercreep has completely destroyed any desire to play, or support the game at the time.

After taking a long break, I have little expectation for this game, and I see a ton of potential. Perhaps this optimistic, fresh blood attitude might seem annoying to you, but I think it's healthier then simply stating how Bane Shift the game is right now. I'm also very happy simply because I've invested in the game, and thought (and still think) that the core gameplay of a blend of resource management and tactical turn based strategy online is Firking awesome.

I think you should take a break and come back later, obviously you are embittered because of years of bad management and the game going straight downhill. I hope you will understand my point of view better, even if you don't agree with it.

12. Sealer0

I'll take your advice and leave this alone.

13. Lauremoon

Lauremoon I need me some PIE!

I'm super happy about the reducement of abilities per champion. Healthier for Pox :)

Woffleet likes this.
  14. Entrepidus

Entrepidus I need me some PIE!

I understand that my perspective is very rare, but I will always maintain that abject negativity is a waste of everyone's time. I'm the type of person that gladly points out when you're being an idiot with diagrams, pictures, graphs, complex hand motions, (whatever it takes), but I'll never jump directly to:

"You [something I disagree with] and are now an [arbitrarily chosen aspersion]. This is literally the [superlative][exaggerated definition of awful] that I have ever seen."
    I find it difficult to explain how utterly daft every contrived derivative of this mentality truly is. Just stahp!

There is never a situation where negative or destructive criticism is a better alternative to well-informed, objective feedback. You can argue this point all you want, but the fact remains that adopting this mentality is an excuse for venting your frustrations upon someone else. What you're really telling people is:

"I'm too lazy to elevate myself beyond vicious cynicism."

I live by a very simple statement: "How you do anything is how you do everything." The way many of you present yourselves on these forums tells me that I would never willingly spend time with you outside of this community. You can point to the past as reasons for whatever excuses you hide behind, but we live in the here and now where being a self-righteous douchebag helped no one ever.

If you want good things to happen, behave in a manner that demonstrates you deserve good things. You aren't "being realistic" when you discard common courtesy, you're being childish. Change is fostered by respect, not hostility. You won't change someone by attacking everything they value, so why fool yourself into believing it's any different now?

This is most certainly a rant and I don't expect anything to come of it. I do, however, wish to make it known that I don't support the toxic environment we're allowing to permeate these forums. We're a smart bunch of people; we have to be to play this game. Let's prove it be approaching these problems with some semblance of rationality.

Don't provide others an easy excuse to ignore you by being a jerk. Root yourselves so deeply in objectively reasoned logic that others are forced to respond in kind or get the heck out of your way. You won't have to tell them they're being an idiot. . . they'll already know it.

Woffleet, Hiyashi, Authyrtyr and 2 others like this.
  15. s4ndm4ns

s4ndm4ns I need me some PIE!

It's all good, just roll those patches weekly.

16. Senshu

Senshu Administrator Octopi

Those negative posts have been removed. We don't want to overly censor things, but at the same time we don't want decent threads to be tainted. Remember to use the report feature.

Woffleet and KingJad like this.
  17. jeeperz2

jeeperz2 I need me some PIE!

Being negative with the truth is one thing. Doomsdaying the game constantly in every thread, assulting the devs who actually brought some freakin hope and life into this game, and attacking people on fourms who don't agree with you is called being an ******* lets all stop protecting him and sugar coating what it actually is.

18. NevrGonaGivUup

NevrGonaGivUup I need me some PIE!

As a relatively new player myself (been playing about 2-3 months), the revamp was a godsend in that it made common/uncommon runes balanced with exos and legs. The barrier of entry is miles lower now than it was pre-vamp. Also i love how some of the upgrade trees on champs are.getting fleshed out, replacing ranks with meaningful choices- see jakei shaman, or the creep theme.

19. WraithxxV

WraithxxV Active Member

Haha nice name. And good points :)

NevrGonaGivUup likes this.
  20. Nebron

Nebron I need me some PIE!

The state of the game means I get to spend more time on EUW carrying burn and podz so I guess that's a plus. ^^