Possibility of bring back the rune bases?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Moiser Hunter, Mar 6, 2014.

1. Moiser Hunter

Moiser Hunter New Member

Hello! I am an old Poxnora player and one of my dreams is the return of the base of the runes. I always saw Poxnora as a board game and i love the bases. It is possible to bring back the bases at least as an optional item? Thank you!

2. TheNidhogg

TheNidhogg I need me some PIE!

They look way better without the bases. It's a change you'll get used to. Though I would not be against an optional view with bases if that is possible without requiring a lot of engineering time.

3. BansheeX

BansheeX I need me some PIE!

I prefere bases as well.

4. KTCAOP

KTCAOP I need me some PIE!

I believe that they do look better without the bases, though it did provide some useful information and what not.

5. Morfeas

Morfeas I need me some PIE!

I am here to say I have changed my mind about 429278 times on this particular topic.
    Carry on gentlemen.

Thbigchief likes this.
  6. Moiser Hunter

Moiser Hunter New Member

I like to see the rarity of the rune and the AP remaining in the bases. It can be reworked as well. There is a lot of space to new design too. We would have Stone cracked Bases, Ice bases, Grass Bases, Water Bases, Bones Bases and a infinity of cool stuff like these. what do you think?

7. TheNidhogg

TheNidhogg I need me some PIE!

It sounds like work for little benefit.

I support anything that doesn't take up a lot of engineering resources (time) that could be spent elsewhere. If code exists already to toggle bases, allow that.

8. only

only Active Member

I would like an option to play those non avatar shrines. like real buildings. FW one is so cute.

soulmilk and Xirone like this.
  9. Monroid

Monroid I need me some PIE!

Draksar Chameleon finaly became a 1x1 again, and we owe that to the removal of the bases.

Please, please for the love of god, don't change him back to a behemothing golliath! Please!!

10. Xirone

Xirone I need me some PIE!

I always thought it would be cool if the avatars broke out of the buildings when they transfigured. Also, The avatars have bases still (though they are a more unique base than the old ones).

11. Markoth

Markoth Lord Inquisitor

I like them without bases but really wish that they had made it an option instead of default.

12. Prami

Prami I need me some PIE!

This should be an option, enabled & disabled through preferences. There should also be an option to turn off thematic attack names, like Gun Attack & Mouth Lightning.

Sirius likes this.
  13. Morfeas

Morfeas I need me some PIE!

beach pls
    the UD one screams OBLIVION
    and you know I love Oblivion

14. Morningstarz

Morningstarz Member

Don't care about the bases how about bring back the way you could build your on guy. So My champ has the same name as you but could cost 100 nora or 40 nora but yours is 69 nora.

15. PharumM

PharumM Member

i kind of miss the bases but if i recall properly there was some performence issue and it was the reason for remove not to mention large champions ware even taller and hid some of the smaller champions
    so in fact that was uncool

bases 2.0 would be nice thoue

idea of having my own "Ancient" rune
    one customizable rune ooooo yeaaaaaa it could synergize some theme i could be excellent addition to every deck out there one personal rune untradable SOOOO MUTCH UNTAPPED POWER

16. Xiape

Xiape I need me some PIE!

I am not sure what I prefer, so I can be happy whatever is chosen. I think there's more important features though.

DarkJello likes this.
  17. Spiderchap

Spiderchap Well-Known Member

I'd like an option to turn the bases off and on.

I personally preferred having them.

18. PurpleTop

PurpleTop I need me some PIE!

No bases looks sleeker, but it is certainly a matter of preference. I like the idea of toggle, but I remember being told that that was a lot of work to incorporate. I'd like to see what the developers have to say about the idea. I would not support a full change back to bases, however.

Sirius likes this.
  19. jeeperz2

jeeperz2 I need me some PIE!

Is the idea of toggle to much to ask for? Clearly there are enough people who want to see bases again for me it just makes pox feel like it use to when I first started playing the idea of bases and the way they looked showing the rarities always put a smile on my face.

20. PurpleTop

PurpleTop I need me some PIE!

I think that the biggest problem that exist is the fact that every rune made since the change was made without the base in mind, so it would be hard to implement. On top of that the files for the rune bases were probably totally deleted, so they would have to completely remake them.