Pox Design Direction 2016

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Sokolov, Jan 19, 2016.

1. kagebunshn

kagebunshn I need me some PIE!

We could just make ALL AE active abilities deal flat damage like magic beam. Take the unfairness of the differential between champ damage out of the equation. The abilities are defined by their damage type and their secondary effects. IMO, there is 0 justification for a bomb ability to cost the same nora on a 8 damage champ as it does on a 15 damage champ. It would be OK for example to have Hail of Arrows do 5, 8, 11 damage, and it wouldnt matter that it is on a 7 damage archer or a 20 damage Prodigy. I would argue that physical is worth a tad less than alt damage types, but otherwise most range 5, AE 2 abilities with secondary effects should be worth nearly the same.

Sealer0 likes this.
  2. Sealer0

Sealer0 I need me some PIE!

Legit idea. Acid bomb on acid dragoleech.

3. Sokolov

Sokolov The One True Cactuar Octopi

To some extent it's actually the other way around too.

The DMG-based abilities obviously have issues with DMG buffing.

On the other hand, the flat damage ones is how units can deal more DMG than their costs realistically allows, and these abilities becomes much stronger on units with low DMG such as Terraformer.

4. Sealer0

Sealer0 I need me some PIE!

One of the reasons it's like this is because basic attacks costs something, so things without basic attack AND without base dmg get extra cost reduction.

5. themacca

themacca Master of Challenges

Disagree because it's paying for it's increased effectiveness by paying for it's stats

6. Cydna

Cydna Forum Royalty

To be fair, attacks only cost 2 nora. I wouldn't mind paying an extra 2 nora on some of my champs for multiple basic attacks.

Sealer0 likes this.
  7. Ragic

Ragic I need me some PIE!

sounds like another powercreep reset. at least theyre not calling it a 'revamp' anymore.

8. Sokolov

Sokolov The One True Cactuar Octopi

It's more that I am not happy with some of the kits on passive and ranged champs and also RNG costing so I am fixing it a bit.

A lot of these have been issues since revamp.