Pox Nora Guild League

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by oyo97, Mar 12, 2014.

1. oyo97

oyo97 I need me some PIE!

Hey i was thinking about this for quite some time and already talked about this with other players before this transition and all was in sight.

I would be happy organizing something similar to the old starcraft: broodwar league with following rules:

Each guild need at least three players on one playday to be able compete in this bo5 format:
    - first three games will be 1v1. All players must be different. If any team manage to pull three victorys here the match is 3:0 and won for this team
    - Next would be a 2v2.
    -If the macht is even(2:2) after this, there will be an ace match 1v1 to decide the winning team

Rules:
    -A player can participate max. twice in a game. A player who already played in one of the first three 1v1s can afterwards participate in the 2v2 OR in the ace match. Never both. A guild can however use as much players as they like per match to a maximum of 6 obv.
    -All runes who are allowed in ranked play are allowed here too
    -Before the League start all guild leaders participating have to send the admin a list of players and what faction they represent.Players are only allowed to play a bg which contains theit faction means either ff or any split faction. They are however allowed to switch bgs whenever they like.

I would be very happy to know what you guys think about this ? Would you like to participate those games or observe those games or even maybe watch streams with commentary? I would also be happy to get a feedback from DoG what their thought about this and their plans on competitive gaming? ofc we would need prices and a space on the web where we can do the coverage etc.
    As i am a esport fan from the very first hour i think something like this would be a great addition to a game like pox and would add a new level of joy at least for me :D

(If there is a positive resonance i might add more details here)

2. Markoth

Markoth Lord Inquisitor

My only issue with including 2v2 in anything is how vastly unbalanced it is. A friend and I ran a Creeper / IS deck for a while based on growing the creep large enough where I could deploy a Geomancer anywhere on the map, use Global AP gen and Shockwave the entire enemy force. Sure it was fun for us but I preventable for the opponent.

3. oyo97

Hey i dont actually think 2vs2 is that unbalanced in terms of factions since there is alot of neat combos you can pull off.
    The only thing what i can think of is what is problematic is AoC since it does allow very little counterplay and gets HP really easy.

However im not planning on doing this like tomorrow its just an idea and ill probably wait till this game is out of its currently alpha/beta stage maybe after the new expansion.

4. BansheeX

BansheeX I need me some PIE!

I would never participate in such an event because i find 2v2 horribly unbalanced and unfun.

5. MentalMoles

MentalMoles I need me some PIE!

This is similar to something I was thinking of doing, its a good idea and Rath would definately participate.

6. oyo97

Yeah well maybe they would address 2vs2 in some way. Can u tell, as I noob, in short what exactly is so imbalanced in 2vs2 ? You could also play only the 1vs1 for your guild. Would you participate if 2vs2 is fixed in a way you could enjoy it and if not would you participate when its only 1v1 format ?

Yeah I remember talking to you about this several month ago. Maybe we can work out details together once its time ? ;P

7. BansheeX

BansheeX I need me some PIE!

Part of it is that I am not a teamplayer. I hate playing a game where my teammate might be the reason i lose.
    Inbalance in the 2v2 system takes far to long to explain.

8. oyo97

shameless bump :D

9. rickyjpen

rickyjpen Devotee of the Blood Owl

I don't understand it exactly but I like it xP. But I can't just be on a specific day I get called in to work alot. So it would need to have a more reachable timeframe than just a day if that was the plan for myself to participate :).

10. KVBraker23

KVBraker23 The King of Potatoes

Me and my raiders are up for this, cool idea oyo :)

oyo97 likes this.
  11. Vote Kanye 2020

Vote Kanye 2020 Better-Known Member

You should never have 2v2 involved in any type of tourney, There are more unbalanced combos than there are balanced, not to mention most of these combos are near to impossible to prevent or beat.

Axeraiser likes this.