Pox Nora Revamp - Preview 2

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by PoxZuo, Apr 24, 2014.

1. allyorbase

allyorbase I need me some PIE!

Right. I like fewer abilities and adding cost modifiers to upgrades, but I don't know if I like how upgrades are now in sets of choices. To me, that seems even more confusing than just giving us 4 choices.

You get six upgrade choices, yet you choose only two, one from each of two different sets of choices, which are unlocked at levels 2 and 3 respectively, and some choices increase or decrease the cost of the unit... I thought the point was to keep things intuitive. That is NOT intuitive for a new player -- choosing 2 out of 4 available choices, each affecting the cost of the unit... THAT'S intuitive.

Last edited: Apr 25, 2014
  2. Senshu

Senshu Administrator Octopi

There may be a few, but there are too many abilities in Pox to rationalize having different icons for each.

Kampel and Woffleet like this.
  3. only

only Active Member

from tehcnical side, is it hard to bring new icon to the game? like cutting specific parts of already existing artworks? like most racials are done?

4. Senshu

It is more a time consuming and tedious task for our artist to create the icons when there is a lot more important things to be done. Our artist would have to go through each ability and determine which abilities are using the same icon and then either create new art or alter existing art assets. She has better things to do like designing the new rune layout for the revamp etc. Also, what would people like more more ability icons or a new expansion? Somebody needs to make all the art assets for new runes.

We may create new ability icons on occasion, but there is a very small benefit for such a time consuming task.

Kampel and Woffleet like this.
  5. only

only Active Member

well, that was simply lost in transition. going through the whole database for such a meaningless reason was NOT my point.

however, if this the case, there could be initiative from playerbase with exact suggestions. it's not like ALL icons need to be this way. bt when you release, you need to pick an icon already. for instance, Voil Jester had "Sword icon" (the same as basic attack) instead of just taking his "head" as an icon. now it wouldn't matter, but on release it could be handy.

ofcourse, now revamp in mind every single second counts so it wasn't suggestion, again.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 25, 2014
  6. Senshu

Nora costs and other stats are being addressed too just in a more subtle way. E.g. the more powerful the rune the more Nora it will cost.

7. DaisyDukeNukem

DaisyDukeNukem I need me some PIE!

Perhaps you could crowdsource the players for icons for the duplicated ones, or even to find which ones are duplicated/don't belong? I know we have more than a few talented artists in the crowd, and definitely more than a few passionate web builders. I am sure one of them could build a simple conveyer acceptance process for designating, accepting, voting on, and finally submission to DoG?

DarkJello likes this.
  8. only

only Active Member

so are you still for pox?

9. Senshu

That is a possibility, but that would still take time for our artist to crop and put them into the database and then tie them to the ability. Having more ability icons is definitely one of those nice to have things, but there just isn't the time for it at the moment.

Woffleet and DarkJello like this.
  10. Ragic

Ragic I need me some PIE!

sokolov would put suggestions like that in his 'long term goals section'. it didn't fool anyone, but it kept the same threads from popping up too often

Woffleet and DarkJello like this.
  11. only

only Active Member

if icons are on database already (exist in ability from champion/relic), is it better or still too time consuming?

12. Boozha

Boozha I need me some PIE!

Whoa, long time no see!

13. only

only Active Member

he was deflowered.

14. Senshu

It is a little better but still time consuming. Don't get me wrong our artist is chaining up some of the over used icons, but we don't want the community to be expecting new and unique icons for everything. Actually PoxZuo is changing up the icons for some of the abilities that use the drain icon. Remember I said a few were being changed, we don't want to say how many and which ones just because that would slow down the process even more, and we don't want to over promise.

Woffleet likes this.
  15. Paper Skull

Paper Skull I need me some PIE!

I understand how time consuming it is to find and place a bunch of images, code is annoying. If there comes a time where you find some extra help or want some community-made icons, we'll be here.

Pens in hand, waiting patiently to strike.

Xinde, Woffleet, DarkJello and 2 others like this.
  16. Authyrtyr

Authyrtyr The King of Potatoes

And you have my pen! (I myself can't actually draw, just wanted to make the joke)

17. Kampel

Kampel I need me some PIE!

I understand :)

Thank you for the reply!

18. Xirone

Xirone I need me some PIE!

Yeah, Loyalty could just be done away with and replaced with stats. Same thing could be said for abilities like Equalize (just make the champ cheaper).

19. Pedeguerra

Pedeguerra I need me some PIE!

I disagree entirely.

20. Paper Skull

Paper Skull I need me some PIE!

I think there's a bigger issue with abilities like Spike Nova that leave weird conditions like "Burred". At least stats are readable.

Woffleet likes this.