Pox Nora Revamp - Preview 4

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by PoxZuo, May 7, 2014.

1. iodomy

iodomy Member

Seriously though I do hate Skeezick, if you want to chime in and tell us you decided to totally ignore your costing formula to make sure he was garbage I'll be all in favor. The concerning part is just the possibility that you somehow got this, Magnus, and Augur all out of the same system.

2. DarkJello

DarkJello I need me some PIE!

Off Topic:

I still, to this day, right now, do not... and I cannot emphasize this enough... understand the Team Daltos thingamajigdealio.

On Topic:

These previews are interesting. DoGz receives valuable feedback. Course corrections are more likely. Optimistically observant.

Lushiris likes this.
  3. dsjtheman

dsjtheman I need me some PIE!

Id like to see a preview of a champ that has free relics (deploy land mine for instance). Im curious how much they will be pricing free relic abilities.

Kampel likes this.
  4. yobanchi

yobanchi I need me some PIE!

Wow, the UI is really looking snazzy pazzazzy!

As for balance a little more light/playtesting will be needed to judge how strong/weak certain runes are.

5. super71

super71 I need me some PIE!

I like everything i am seeing but what i thought was happening was we were taking a look at abilities and making champions so they have more synergy im seeing the same abilities on every champ. So is the re-vamp happening without changing any abilities on champs?

6. Xirone

Xirone I need me some PIE!

I think I like race and class names being capitalized. Moga looks better than moga and Knight looks better than knight.

7. davre

davre The Benevolent Technofascist

The augur change looked good, cutting out the bonus damage and mobility on a ranged champ that will still see play due to knockback in FS.

But the blackguard... the only way I can comprehend this change is if the devs aren't taking range vs melee into account already. 6 speed melee for 95 norans, where do I sign up?

8. Rokkushun

Rokkushun Devotee of the Blood Owl

Please change "Group limit" to "Battlegroup limit" or "Deck limit"

Group limit doesn't sound right for a newbie when the decks are called battlegroups.

Xirone and LordRahan like this.
  9. Nolgh

Nolgh New Member

Is it possible (or viable) to include a "Last Updated" date on the rune info? Meaning the last date the rune was reworkes (buffed or nerfed). I'm from the time when a hourglass was displayed to tell me that the rune have changed sice I last viewed it. That helped me a big deal when I was beginig. I suppouse it will be a great deal to non-frequent and new player. =)

10. GabrielQ

GabrielQ I need me some PIE!

My thoughts on these revamps:
    Augur, well done, it's a lot cleaner, I think I would have put opportunistic in leap upgrade chain though.
    Blackguard: If skeezick alliance is still the same as now, I think it isn't nice to put regal presence and skeezick alliance on the same slot, because you cannot give him a full race synergy build or a meta approach, you are always stuck with a half-build. Also, on the relative cost between glorius leap and CA: melee, I think the difference should be something like leap 5 or 6 nora more than CA: melee. Leap increases the movement range of the champion (this should go IMO) and also debuffs significantly, and CA:melee has almost the same chances of saving you or screwing you over.
    Moga team looks nice, but comparing the cost/efficiency of him and blackguard is crazy.

11. seth1877

seth1877 New Member

Again all cool, but blackguard seems to be not viable, like general too high cost for a skee deck

12. Morfeas

Morfeas I need me some PIE!

For the love of Talos, why are Race: _____ and Class: _____ not capitalized?

Xirone likes this.
  13. MentalMoles

MentalMoles I need me some PIE!

Augur I like a lot, but I couldn't disagree more with the direction taken on the Blackguard, he looks pretty much unrunnable in that form, if it goes live.

Having to choose between Skeezick Alliance and Regal Presence and the cost on him is extremely high.

14. rogreborn

rogreborn Devotee of the Blood Owl

SOE or Desert Owls it doesn't matter who runs this ship everyone always has to hate on SL. 95 Nora blackguard with those upgrades will never see the light of day again.

15. sassquatch

sassquatch I need me some PIE!

I have to agree with the concensus on the previews... moga team and auger look good but the blackguard looks bad. I would have put relic guardian on the upgrade chain with regal presence. that way he always counts/benefits from being in a skeez BG but he would then have to choose between making fellow skeez better (with regal presence) or himself (with relic guardian)

16. Ragic

Ragic I need me some PIE!

I think you should make it so that players can choose any 2 out of 4 possible upgrades, but still restrict those to existing base ability slots. if you cost the abilities properly, there shouldn't be a problem. Just make sure any 2 of the upgrade choices don't synergize with each other too much.

17. Dresnar20365988

Dresnar20365988 Devotee of the Blood Owl

If Auger had those things on him that would incur additional cost. Its really that simple. The Auger is way way way undercosted now. Would you of liked running Auger now if he was properly costed at 100 nora? Probably not. Finally we will play with properly costed runes. This is what the Sok eara failed to deliver. A costing formula that can be seen and debated.

This costing approach is reasonable. You can plainly see it and make informed suggestions or corrections. At launch I'm sure there will be some oddities. However, given time and the information available rational arguments above factionalism can prevail.

There is no doubt that this will be a completely new game. Any arguments made for the balance of a rune at this point, not seeing the whole picture, are completely pointless. Give it time and prepare your arguments for release day.

18. only

only Active Member

how is his cost relevant here. my point was strictly related to design.

eitherway, I'm not sure if I do understand all nuances of this upgrade system.
    can you play without any upgrades? in this case, augur of the deep at 67 nora?
    how choosing from 6 is less complex than choosing from 4? or do some "paths" exist here?

19. Dresnar20365988

Dresnar20365988 Devotee of the Blood Owl

My feeling on the current Auger is that he was designed like this.... "Oh how cool would this be. Lets give him ect, ect, ect, ect, blah, blah, blah, wow, how cool is that? So cool! What should we cost this cool champ at? Anything over 75 would make him less cool. So lets make him super cool and put him under that! Oh wow, this is the coolest rune of all time!" All that coolness means that games vs FS are usually very one sided vs a bunch of undercosted champs and spells.

When someone says, "That Auger OP!!" you get a bunch of factionalists that come to its defense. The arguments for or against the rune have no basis in a game wide system, so whoever yells the loudest gets to enact change.

A game designed around costs that all can see is freekin awesome. In the future we won't see design like the Auger. Having a public costing formula makes it impossible unless you simply want to give the community a big FU and make OP Bane Shift.

Last edited: May 8, 2014
  20. iodomy

iodomy Member

Could you maybe walk us through a scenario where the new Blackguard and new Magnus both exist in the same game, and the new Blackguard isn't total garbage? Call it a failure of imagination on my part, but I think we have enough information available to point out that something has gone wrong with their handling of Blackguard.

Unless, as I mentioned earlier, there's some sort of Skeeztax because Firk those guys. Which would be totally fine by me.

DarkJello likes this.