Pox Nora Revamp - Preview 6

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Senshu, May 30, 2014.

1. Senshu

Senshu Administrator Octopi

The calculation is based purely on their stats and abilities right now, but if we find large champions are at a disadvantage we may look into different options.

Woffleet likes this.
  2. Agirgis1

Agirgis1 Forum Royalty

a second to check the enemy champion's range seems perfectly fine in-exchange for better balancing.

SPiEkY likes this.
  3. GabrielQ

GabrielQ I need me some PIE!

We'll see. Sokolov standarized ranges for a reason, and I would hate seeing good changes going to waste

4. Kampel

Kampel I need me some PIE!

I like the Rapid attacks a lot! Hope it is made into an equip for SL =P we haz a bunch of bad equipzs

I would like to know if there is any plan to upgrade the range display (the square highlights displayed when the mouse is over an attack icon) and if it could be added and displayed as a shadow when the champeon is selected to move. Something like the square highlights when you are about to deploy something from the battlegroup but for basic attack range. It would help a LOT (for new and old players) when positionning.

5. Xirone

Xirone I need me some PIE!

I am a little scared of expensive champions due to the ease of certain powerful single-target spells. It seems as if those spells will be buffed by the increase in the number of expensive champs.

DarkJello likes this.
  6. Vorian

Vorian I need me some PIE!

They really are because they are easier to hit from range and struggle traversing the map. A 10 nora decrease should be standard.

Last edited: May 30, 2014
  7. Protick

Protick I need me some PIE!

Yeah. Especially for non-flying 2 by 2 champs. Random bush in the middle of the map on large SP map, anyone?

8. Protick

Protick I need me some PIE!

I'm hoping that, if they keep the Pets the same as they are now, that the original champion, in this case, the Den Mother, will pay for the Pet's statistical nora cost. For example, Den Mother costs an additional 20 nora for the cub, or something like that. That's one way to go. The second would be to just nerf Pets somehow.

9. yobanchi

yobanchi I need me some PIE!

Good to hear phase 3 is done. Looking forward to the after-phase party ^_^.

Woffleet likes this.
  10. Bellagion

Bellagion I need me some PIE!

I'm glad Rover is gone. I'd actually like to see Solo and Logistics removed as well.

Lauremoon, newsbuff, G_Ro91 and 2 others like this.
  11. Boozha

Boozha I need me some PIE!

I like Solo and Rover. I want to see Ichor gone : s

xRugolth likes this.
  12. Thbigchief

Thbigchief I need me some PIE!

- Rover, solo, ichor, all attempts at battling power creep imo. No need anymore ...be gone with the busywork abilities.

newsbuff, G_Ro91, Morfeas and 3 others like this.
  13. mortemdeus

mortemdeus Member

While you are on champs with other champs, perhaps you can show us a swarmer or a propegator as well. I would be interested in seeing the cost adjustment for them.

SPiEkY likes this.
  14. profhulk

profhulk Forum Royalty

Ok thats nice that we dont need to battle power creep with ichor, rover, solo but what about circadian songmaster's rover high tide? It was a huge support ability for the mirefolk theme. Will she be getting the ability high tide?

15. Ragic

Ragic I need me some PIE!

a bit disappointed you decided to keep charge mechanics in the game. seems like just a bypass of the ap system and makes costing that much more difficult. why do some abilities compete with the champs ability to move and attack (since both use ap) while others do not (use charges)? if youre looking for a way to simplify the game, I would have thought that would have been one of the first things to go.

16. Fikule

Fikule I need me some PIE!

I consider charges a fun mechanic. But I think they could be utilised better. I don't see a reason a charged ability can't also cost AP.

For instance I would love the idea of charged deploys or summons. It means you have to save up the charges in some way to utilise an ability. The ability can also cost AP, but the charges offer a way to set conditions (being attacked/attacking/deploying/etc).

Woffleet likes this.
  17. Paper Skull

Paper Skull I need me some PIE!

I agree, charges aren't all that complex, and they make for some pretty unique champions. I think they could be clarified in what grants charges and how they're used, but that's probably just a visual concern rather than a design one.

18. dsjtheman

dsjtheman I need me some PIE!

please just take death nova off of thirion and make him cheaper...

newsbuff likes this.
  19. GabrielQ

GabrielQ I need me some PIE!

I love the charge mechanics, they simplify many things and balance others, for example, design wise, charged summon tortalleon is the most healthy summon ability in the game (IMO) it's just that deploy charged 2 plus an early deployment kind of kills the whole concept of limited resources for the champion to work.
    Also, an interesting ability example is recharged, you couple it with death charged and you have recharge: death, with spell charged and you have recharge: spells and so on, and you can add another use for charges to balance or to make the champion different to use (again, portalmage can do only two things and he relies on charges for both)

Woffleet likes this.
  20. Xirone

Xirone I need me some PIE!

I was thinking it would be great if Death Nova were replaced with something to tie him to plants, like Domain: Vegetation, Plant Regeneration, etc...

Also, I hope Forest Dragon is able to keep Revere: Thirion. Thirion is one costly mother.