Pox Nora Revamp - Preview 6

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Senshu, May 30, 2014.

1. Lushiris

Lushiris I need me some PIE!

But... I like cyclops :(

On the topic, they can't simply issue a cost reduction because 2x2 size has more impact then meets the eye (I'm not saying these champions shouldn't have a cost reduction, but it needs to be well analyzed). For example, they can be annoying roadblocks on certain maps (also more effective at protecting fonts), they're harder to disengage when you're chasing a champion behind them, and probably other minor things nobody cares about.

On a side note, i liked when the best tanks in the game were 2x2 champions, although that was a life ago.

And sry if I wrote any bs because it's 5 am and I just typed my mind down.

2. Vorian

Vorian I need me some PIE!

How about -10 nora for being a 2x2? People deploy 2x2s for extra efficiency. They would be useless otherwise. Its not good to have more than 6 2x2s in a battle group due to mobility problems.

Last edited: May 31, 2014
  3. Nemorga

Nemorga I need me some PIE!

And you know it'll never stop!

4. BansheeX

BansheeX I need me some PIE!

How abort taking a break with all the suggestions til AFTER the revamp is revealed in its finale form

newsbuff and ArchersAxe like this.
  5. TheNidhogg

TheNidhogg I need me some PIE!

I'm fine waiting. I have a feeling that some things will be glaringly imbalanced compared to others, simply because it is such a comprehensive process. The first weeks after it goes live will tell us a lot and should be very interesting.

DarkJello likes this.
  6. chickenpox2

chickenpox2 I need me some PIE!

why does magnate need counter range when his damage is too low to even reflect damage it really lame and his range so low y are they trying to reduce range loress have only 3 or 4 range runes and this only non magic range rune it needs range buff rather than a nerf
    instead of divine favour is it possible to replace with + 2 range i rather have it as range then a healing

7. Boozha

Boozha I need me some PIE!

........ ,,,,,,,,

Use them wisely.

8. chickenpox2

chickenpox2 I need me some PIE!

bad enough that loress are prone to clumping at least with 3-5 we can hit and move away
    unless DOG allows magnate to use haste on itself then i wont mind the 3-4 rang anything so that it can be protected because it one the most important rune in the bg (more than hero like morshan and hrken )
    Also i cant see anyone stupid enought to run 2 magnate it waaaay to expensive of a rune to run if its fully upgraded or everything exept DF

9. Boozha

Boozha I need me some PIE!

Fool.

Also, your Signature is obnoxious as hell and now blocked.

10. Fikule

Fikule I need me some PIE!

Would not pay any more than they already cost. I would just enjoy the 1x1 mobility benefits ^^. They might need a cost decrease when going to 1x1 though as they would have been costed on a 2x2 range.

I would like to hear what the main advantage of 2x2's is. I mean, they can technically hit more things, but all those things can also hit it more easily too, and it's not like a 2x2 has an inherent defense against that.

Plus, they don't take corners well :p

Last edited: May 31, 2014
  11. Fikule

Fikule I need me some PIE!

Also, saying this right now.

Essence Drain needs either a maximum damage or a nora cost cap similar to Elite Blade.

Either that or all expensive champions get shielded or we just accept that we don't get to use them vs FW :p

(Not that they won't just get soulreaved anyway, but we should start somewhere)

12. SPiEkY

SPiEkY King of Jesters

13. Tarth

Tarth Devotee of the Blood Owl

Im curious what do faction/theme staple runes look like? Just some examples would be great to know what direction you are moving set themes in?

Woffleet likes this.
  14. Pathfnder

Pathfnder Devotee of the Blood Owl

Can we use Grimlic's Mirror on him now? 80 nora Thirion Beast????

The 2v2 costing is a big issue. "Size" should be considered a stat, and should be costed appropriatly.

The problem with Death Nova, and the "cost adding" system is that abilities can't just have a straight up additive cost, they need to be variable. Death Nova on a 20 nora champ would make sense costing 6 extra nora, but on a champion that costs 112, that doesn't make sense. Death Nova doesn't seem worth +6 when your 118 nora champion just died, it's more like a slap in the face.

Similarly a the "large" stat is a big drawback on grounded champions, but not quite so much on flying champions. It would make sense if the "large" statistic gave a bigger discount for grounded champions, and less for flying, or if flying was cheaper on large champions. There needs to be a more complex equation than "a+b+c+d=nora" for this to work. I am losing hope. An equation like "a+b/c-d+f/(x+e)+g*d=nora" would make for better balancing (but admittedly would be hard to get exactly right)

dsjtheman likes this.
  15. narvoxx

narvoxx I need me some PIE!

Can anyone explain what the meaning is of the "DEFAULT" next to some upgrades?

16. GabrielQ

GabrielQ I need me some PIE!

the champions come with a upgrade selected from each upgrade path (the default) when the champion levels up he can change them for the other options of the upgrade path.

17. Dagda

Dagda Forum Royalty

there are a few 1x1s i wouldn't mind turning bigger, do i get to pay to supersize them?

talkin massive pedes here

dsjtheman and SPiEkY like this.
  18. BansheeX

BansheeX I need me some PIE!

They properly do not know yet. It wont be apparent until the players really dig into it

19. Ragic

Ragic I need me some PIE!

this is why I wanted DoG to officially call this a beta. I don't think people realize just how long this process is going to take. Lots more to do besides a champ revamp.

newsbuff and DarkJello like this.
  20. ProR2D2

ProR2D2 I need me some PIE!

Cons:
    - Ranged beefy champion hinders your own units.
    - Unable to go through some spaces.

Pros:
    - Tank beefy champion hinders your opponents units.
    - Deal full damage to Colossal Units.

Answer: Depends on champion role.