Pox Nora Revamp - Preview 6

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Senshu, May 30, 2014.

1. Boozha

Boozha I need me some PIE!

Well, thats exactly why I run that one snaptooth with pummel+sunder though. Its pretty good.

2. Sokolov

Sokolov The One True Cactuar Octopi

It isn't bad, but it doesn't seem like we should pre-emptively nerf this ability because of something currently considered "pretty good" that no one complains about.

3. TheNidhogg

TheNidhogg I need me some PIE!

Tundra DISCIPLINE

4. free20play

free20play I need me some PIE!

why'd you guys nerf an underpowered / weak champ like thirion more?

5. iPox

iPox Forum Royalty

Thirion feels a little underwhelming. Why would you want to have some on-death effect on a 128 Nora Champion?
    On the other hand, Blockade Champions tend to ruin so many of my Trickdecks. So personally I am not too sad that the great forest dragon is not particularly intriguing. ;)

6. iPox

iPox Forum Royalty

That said, things are looking amazing in general!

Woffleet likes this.
  7. JaceDragon

JaceDragon I need me some PIE!

I laugh every time i saw a post like the free20play and a lot of other

Do u see all the other runes? How could u say that the change to Thirion is a nerf?
    Maybe u know how all the other runes look like.

It's so hard wait the ravamp untill say "this is a nerf" "this ability is so op with x or y"?

8. Woffleet

Woffleet I need me some PIE!

Thirion has huge attack range and damage potential. Range is being nerfed so that if you hit from afar you do little damage. The only real way to kill thiron without killing your champs to melee him. If you do then death nova magical is important.

9. Boozha

2-4 is not huge. 2-4 is crap. Damage and HP are nice, rest is utter crap by today's standards. Well, lets see how much those standards get shaken up, shall we.

10. Thbigchief

Thbigchief I need me some PIE!

- I don't think people are understanding the purpose of this revamp. I can't wait to see these people reactions when one of their "crutch" runes "somehow" ends up weaker then before.

DarkJello, Woffleet and SPiEkY like this.
  11. Xirone

Xirone I need me some PIE!

One of my fears, which may be unfounded, is that with the reduced occurrence of abilities like Evasive and Dodge, that the game will be even more dominated by ranged champions. Perhaps, though, ranged champions will be noticeably more expensive than melee champs? At any rate, I am excited for the revamp (and am glad I predominately play a faction with many currently viable ranged champions).

dsjtheman and Woffleet like this.
  12. Woffleet

it affects a large # of squares

13. Boozha

Still, it is a range easily closed by melee, not melee itself, and easily outranged. By todays standards not a good range.

14. Xirone

Xirone I need me some PIE!

Maybe replace Death Nova with Farshot 2?

15. Woffleet

thatws why death nova is viable on him. Taken him down isn't easy + you're gonna take a lot of damage

16. Boozha

14 damage for 120 nora? Yeah, great deal right there ...

Lets just see whats to come, really.

17. Shimaru

Shimaru Devotee of the Blood Owl

By todays standards
    By todays standards
    By todays standards

18. Boozha

BY TODAYS STANDAAARDDDDS

19. Tarth

Tarth Devotee of the Blood Owl

Its a short range sure but its clearly built to stand just behind your own melee. We have gotten too use to 1-5 range units or units with 8+ range that don't need other units around for much more than extra damage. Hopefully this will change with the revamp so that every unit only contributes in a narrow/specific way to the overall bg, i.e. rolls vs general utility.

Last edited: Jun 1, 2014
    Woffleet likes this.
  20. DarkJello

DarkJello I need me some PIE!

128 nora. Need I say more?