Pox Nora Revamp - Preview 7

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Senshu, Jun 5, 2014.

1. chickenpox2

chickenpox2 I need me some PIE!

I'm also wondering will the blizzard cloak and counterattack also stack if that happens on a font
    Even more scarier is what happens if blindfire rune attacks in retailiation eg prodigy ...just a crazy chain of attacks
    Good game lol
    I'd like to see 2 elven prodigy VS grandmaster + blizzard cloak +10 ap (or hasted 14 ap )
    I'm pretty sure prodigy will die first..

2. chickenpox2

Are you talking to me?

3. chickenpox2

right i forgot about precision it can past through but what if it didn't it would be funny to watch what happens

4. Pedeguerra

Pedeguerra I need me some PIE!

Not specifically bud, but as a general principle people around the Pox forums tend to be very trifling when giving arguments.
    I mean, of course everyone can speak their minds on things, but it really bothers me when people who are admitelly bad at the game or very new to it talk as if what they think is the ONLY and BEST way to deal with Pox.
    At this point, we can all complain and point fingers, but its better off for the revamp to hit as the Devs are thinking it should hit - after its done, we can go around pointing fingers and saying whats OP - and I'm 100% positive there will be a lot of things. I mean, there are too many runes, its bound for things to slip under the table.

DarkJello likes this.
  5. Tarth

Tarth Devotee of the Blood Owl

Shes a Jakei....she might of once been a KF elf before the separation but since then she has become a jakei snow elf which are based around endurance not speed. ST= hardy races able to survive in one of the most inhospitable lands in pox, an arctic wasteland. So in general KF elfs= fast but frail and ST jakei= hardy but slow(er). Lore wise, it makes sense for her to be more robust in the hp, but with lower def then say other high hp type races such as Draks or potentially dwarfs.

edit: well, do we know if every nokhando champ will have a rank of counter attack or only some? Aside from that paralyze and stun are direct counters, so while yes if shes just camping in your font, which outside of very draw win scenarios you have the ability to counter theoretically, it could be an issue. IF it is, AFTER release testing or they confirm its problem nature in their internal testing, then it should be adjusted. Either a limit to 1 or so times per turn/round or an increase to 3ap requirement could solve the issues potentially. We just dont KNOW if its an issue, only theory crafting.

edit 2: as far as ranks on counter attack, it might not look needed for her, but it could easily be a bonus for design for champions with say low damage based on being a counter hitter, or when nokhando isnt on the champion and its only got block 1 or something to counter hit back. That or just as a way to raise the price of a rune by limiting its upgrade options to just a higher lvl and some other ability.

Last edited: Jun 6, 2014
  6. Fikule

Fikule I need me some PIE!

But if they have to change NKD again, I get to do a special dance. It will involve an upbeat rhythm and the obvious subtext of "I told you so".

But I will admittedly probably fall over halfway into it and get laughed at. :D

Although I do think NKD alone is not so bad. It's NKD with Counterstrike and 65hp that's scary.

DarkJello likes this.
  7. Paper Skull

Paper Skull I need me some PIE!

I don't mind Counterstrike having ranks. Riposte and Arrow Throw have ranks, and there isn't too much complaint there. I think that +1, +2, +3 damage is a bit too narrow, maybe +0, +2, +4? Of course adjust the pricing appropriately.

8. Pedeguerra

Pedeguerra I need me some PIE!

Honestly Pyro, I think you are overreacting a lot about the usefulness of having a champ sitting in a font doing absolutely nothing. Because if you can't deal damage to it, why attack it? Your AP would be spent better off doing other things with your champs then "attack, miss, counterstrike". Come on.
    If everything else fails, though, I'm pretty sure you can Domi the 10AP champ and cliff him wherever you want, right.

9. darklord48

darklord48 Forum Royalty

You quoted Pedeguerra, but called him Pyro. Keep in mind ST is the faction with the Shield spell, which can protect Grandmaster from Domination.

That said, I do think people are overreacting too. I think it will be a powerful ability, but I don't think it is game breaking. There are enough counters that I think it will be manageable.

10. Shimaru

Shimaru Devotee of the Blood Owl

Hey, this sounds fun, can I play too? I mean, naming abilities with ranks that serve no purpose, but increasing the nora price and sandbag the champion. Counterstriker seems like the first one. I nominate reflection. Rank 3 costs 6n, and only deals 1 less damage than rank 4.

11. GabrielQ

GabrielQ I need me some PIE!

fikule is pyro2k, pyro the patient is named after him.

12. Pathfnder

Pathfnder Devotee of the Blood Owl

Can the sprite images please be centered in that open space instead of sitting on the bottom of the card? It looks weird.

13. darklord48

darklord48 Forum Royalty

I'd like to see Size added right below Classes.

14. Makorov

Makorov I need me some PIE!

I just want to throw this out there;
    even after the revamp hits, it's going to be quite some time until everything is "balanced."

So, you know, maybe some of you can chill a bit?

DarkJello and SPiEkY like this.
  15. Fikule

To be fair I probably am overreacting. But yes, I wouldn't bother attacking it, but having it contest one of my fonts all game is pretty bad in itself. And even if I am not attacking it, I would have to keep a unit in the font myself to stop her capturing it.

I could domi her, assuming there is a cliff on the map. But I also think Domination shouldn't be able to cliff a unit. I also dislike lame insta-kills being "counters" because then they are an excuse for any amount of power on a champion.

16. Fikule

True, without the floor tile they could simply be centred.

Would also like to see the expansion say something like "Heritage (Extended)" so you know both the expansion and the set.

17. Fikule

No one expects everything to be balanced. I personally don't expect the game to ever be balanced (I doubt a game like this ever could be).

But I consider the previews to be a chance to discuss the content present and, yes, speculate on their power. We can't know the power for sure, but by giving scenarios where we believe certain combos or abilities would be imbalanced we are giving feedback on situations that may be overlooked otherwise.

If we weren't meant to discuss previews why have them at all?

18. TheBulwark

TheBulwark I need me some PIE!

It seema like you should only include vital abilities on your champs or risk having a very high curve. It does bring back a nice level of customization. Guys you rule!!! Great job with everything

19. Shimaru

Shimaru Devotee of the Blood Owl

Isn't this new counterstrike too similar to zephyr shield? Except isn't dispel-able, but is open to other counters like sapping beam or stun.

20. Xirone

Xirone I need me some PIE!

KF and UD have access to on-spot Precision. Murder could be very useful if Nokhan champs become popular.

21. GabrielQ

GabrielQ I need me some PIE!

well, you can always use darkmarsh helm if you are FS, it can counters defense and miss-causing abilities, top of giving you burst damage and staying power and synergizing with concealer, but, that sounds really dumb doesn't it?