Pox Nora Revamp - Preview 7

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Senshu, Jun 5, 2014.

1. Makorov

Makorov I need me some PIE!

People are quick to defend their runes and attack another's. Somehow, people know what's good and bad, what's overpowered and underpowered, when they have close to absolutely no idea what the game will look like after the revamp. Personally (and it's perfectly fine if you have a differing opinion than me), I find that nothing really useful ever comes out of these discussions.

Just to build hype really. I think people would begin to leave if they weren't shown some kind of progress.

DarkJello likes this.
  2. Fikule

Fikule I need me some PIE!

Well to be fair I play FW and I also think Domi should not be able to cliff (as I said above) and Mobi.. ugh.. should cost like 100 so I don't have to put 2 in every BG ^^

Some people just want to speculate on balance issues. Not love up their own faction :p

3. Mister Tuggles

Mister Tuggles I need me some PIE!

Is it just me, or is the general cost of runes much cheaper than they were previously?

4. Xirone

Xirone I need me some PIE!

You did read the part where Senshu mentions that the costs shown here do not include the costs for the upgrades?

For example, Dusk Druid has a base cost of 50 Nora. With the upgrades, he becomes 60-66 Nora.

5. darklord48

darklord48 Forum Royalty

Are you referring to the cost in the preview, or the cost of runes currently played compared to a rune of equal power when Octopi was in charge?

6. Mister Tuggles

Mister Tuggles I need me some PIE!

Ah, I did not. I thought that was the final cost WITH their default upgrades.

7. Makorov

Makorov I need me some PIE!

Haha well, I didn't mean you specifically. Just in general.

And fair enough :)

8. Xirone

I have previously mentioned that I am a fan of bringing Class: Druid back. I was wondering, however, what the devs think the defining difference between a Shaman and a Druid is. To a lesser degree, what the main difference is between a Priest and a Druid. Is a Druid pretty much a Shaman that can change form?

Fikule and Woffleet like this.
  9. Fikule

Fikule I need me some PIE!

My guess (although I'd like to hear from the Devs too because I love hearing thematic roles (I need a life))

Priest I think of as a wizard who gets their power from religion and deals mostly with holy arts (healing, cleansing, buffing, etc)

Druid I think of as a wizard who gets their power from nature and deals mostly with wildlife and natural forces (forms, terrain, plantlife)

Shaman I think of as a wizard who gets their power from spirits (magical, elemental or deceased) and deals mostly with life force and supernatural forces (buffs, debuffs, healing, draining)

Tweek516, Kampel, Paper Skull and 3 others like this.
  10. Xirone

That is very well defined. There naturally is some overlap, but how they derive their power is what differentiates them. +1 to you!

11. mortemdeus

mortemdeus Member

So...unless I missed something there is still no FW rune preview...or FS...

12. SPiEkY

SPiEkY King of Jesters

Preview 3 had Stitched Tyrant (split fw)
    Preview 4 had Augur (fs)
    Preview 5 had Abomination (fw)

Xirone likes this.
  13. Woffleet

Woffleet I need me some PIE!

preview 1 has bonecrusher on the 5th pg?

14. Saranea

Saranea The King of Potatoes

Wish you could show where you are going with Racial themed decks.

F.E. spiders or tree decks. Or even the crystalized ones :)

Sincerly

15. chickenpox2

chickenpox2 I need me some PIE!

i still like too see changes to OP Heros like Sekran, Grimlic, kratch , morshan , garin , matriach , vindrax and euan

16. daeminicus

daeminicus Devotee of the Blood Owl

I agree on this

17. kagebunshn

kagebunshn I need me some PIE!

Punishing aura would be a good counter, but punish is useless against it because u have to connect with the attack to activate it.

When you are looking at a rune and saying 'of course you aren't gonna attack it, just pretend like it isn't there and use your AP on other champs' it is a pretty clear indication that it is OP. It is a pretty easy scenario to imagine this dude on a font all by himself and being completely immune to all but a couple of their opponents champs. That is not healthy balance at all. I mean your options are pretty much IS hammer, or precision.

As a KF player I am predicting that Elven prodigy will stay cheap and viable....I really hope they upgrade his damage to 12 since the +3dam is probably getting changed, but he will still be good if he keeps his range and stays cheap. I also hope Bowmage will become slightly better in the form of improved damage or cheaper cost. If their nora cost for range is higher than I am guageing it then I am wrong and they will probably just go to the shoebox with Thirion.

To chickenpox...I think the only champ u listed that is OP is Serken. The other ones are mostly good(except grimlic), but hardly OP. If u meant Grim'thir I dont worry about it too much as hardly anyone owns one.

18. Morfeas

Morfeas I need me some PIE!

The thing that bothers me most is the rune descriptions:

In Dusk Druid, the Quote is in Blah blah blah. - Blurb format.

In High Marshall it is in "Blah blah blah" Blurb format.

PLS FIX

19. chickenpox2

chickenpox2 I need me some PIE!

Your probably right i hope lich king and Serkan still have surge lich ability also shadestriker still have deception (but looses surge spirit)

Lich king
    Boon of undead -base
    attack:magic
    Evil aura
    Upgrade set 1
    teleport 1
    teleport 2 - default
    teleport 3

Uprgade set 2
    Surge lich
    loyalty
    oblivion sheild -default

Shade striker
    Base
    boon of undead
    shade strike
    attack: electricity
    Upgrade set 1
    Strike
    Soultrap
    backlash
    Upgrade 2
    Hidden: DMZ
    Distract -default
    Deception

20. Joker

Joker I need me some PIE!

I think purified on Draksar marshal should be +6, like shrive, not +8, like judgement.