Pox Renovator

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by rickyjpen, Mar 25, 2014.

?

Which Faction do you think Pox Renovator beneficial for of the 8 factions?

1. Forglar Swamp

2.1%
  2. Forsaken Wastes

2.1%
  3. Ironfist Stronghold

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Shattered Peaks

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. K'thir Forest

27.7%
  6. Underdepths

29.8%
  7. Sundered Lands

8.5%
  8. Savage Tundra

29.8%
  1. rickyjpen

rickyjpen Devotee of the Blood Owl

Which faction do you think the pox renovator is most beneficial for of the 8 factions?

2. Geressen

Geressen Forum Royalty

Out of the 8 factions wich do I think the pox renovator is most beneficial for?

well, it's a desert thing with a gun so that's SL but it adds NOTHING to our themes.
    because it's an owl I guess it could be IS/ST

3. rickyjpen

By beneficial I meant most helpful with its kit to the faction xP. I am currently thinking UD's Lack of range makes this thing fit in there nice xP

4. Geressen

Geressen Forum Royalty

That benefits no-one.

5. BansheeX

BansheeX I need me some PIE!

Good range with very high damage output in UD.

6. Geressen

Geressen Forum Royalty

as I said, nobody benefits in the long term.

Dolphinllc likes this.
  7. Queegon

Queegon I need me some PIE!

Agreed with UD, with 15 base damage that can only scale up at range 5, it's a beating.

(and fits into minotaurs, who lack range, and are no demons either :p)

ST being my second pick cuz beast.

8. rickyjpen

Don't forget the newly buffed Puppet Masters :p

9. Agirgis1

Agirgis1 Forum Royalty

As a UD player i , i don't and wont run the UD reno... its too squishy.. if i wanted a squishy range id deploy goblin archer , who will last longer and do more dmg through out the entire game , But this is just my personal opinion/preferance

10. rickyjpen

Absolutely nuts :p

11. free20play

free20play I need me some PIE!

savage tundra because of tailwind,boon of the wind but mostly for flavor reasons

12. TeaNinja

TeaNinja I need me some PIE!

Archer is much cheaper, has +1 range, and multi-attack. So Archer is better overall. However, Renovator has Flying and does more damage per attack.

Last edited: Mar 27, 2014
  13. Dolphinllc

Dolphinllc Member

As others have said - Pox Renovators are good for nobody in the long run.

Pox Renovators were designed and meant to share with the players the new designers wish to simplify things - however by making that wish into a game mechanic on a single rune, it takes away choice from the game. Players are being punished in-game for playing "complex" runes with multiple starting abilities. Is that something that should be punished on the battlefield via an ability - or something that should be done via a rebalance? Due to the inherent complexity within the game, I am seeing at least 1 owl in 80% of BGs I face simply because they can end up doing over 20 damage per shot at range 2-5 with 0 buffs/build up/surge effects, etc.

Kudos to the Owls for wanting to simplify things - however the renovators were not a very well executed way to do it.

14. GIFTbr

GIFTbr Member

UD, bonus faccion increasse even more the +10% dmg per abilitie.
    Was I time that I point IS too, for the lack of flying and range, but not a problem anymore, all faccions does everything that this game can do...

15. crisian

crisian Member

is that the new term? "complex"? lmao. they are op stupid champs with gay mimic and crap like that and the people who make them are all crying now because there is a little, tiny owl that ****** pwns the hell out of them. and everybody was given, for free, one of these little guys...yet they still have to ***** and complain about the free stuff they got isn't up to par with their standards.

and yes, "Complex" champs(as you call them) should be punished. try complex strategies instead of instawin supergaychamps.

16. GIFTbr

GIFTbr Member

That kind of "complex" champ should not even be created, but once it was, everyone use it, sad thing to say...