Pox replays

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by PiPPoInZ9, Feb 5, 2015.

1. PiPPoInZ9

PiPPoInZ9 The King of Potatoes

I was thinking about what could the developers do to popularize Pox. One of the many answers is:

Create a "Replayer". This should be a tool for watching completed games, where you can view them action by action. Pox is an insanely complicated game, and that turns off new players. I like the coverage Moles is doing (and what Sepucure was doing a while ago) and this kind of tool will help him and other commentators.

There should be a couple of buttons:

Slow speed - every action is displayed within 5-6 seconds;
    Normal speed - every action is displayed within a 2-3 seconds;
    Fast speed - every action is displayed within 1 second;
    Pause - obvious;
    Next action - when you pause, you can jump to the next action. This way the game can be reviewed in detail. You can scroll through it, and try to grasp the logic of the players;

This kind of thing was implemented on Pokerstas (the world`s largest site for online poker). It lets players review their hands, and maybe come to some conclusions, they coudn`t make while playing.
    Chess is timeless because you can view a game from the 1800-s and compare with a game from 1962, 1990 and yesterday`s game.

P.S.: Really happy with the recent fix on Hekatian Voidraker`s sprite. Also with the general direction the game is going. There is much re-balancing to be done, but that is inevitable in this kind of game. Sad I don`t have enough time to play regularly.

Last edited: Feb 5, 2015
    mortal ix and Atherhog like this.
  2. Osidan

Osidan I need me some PIE!

This would be neat!

3. WhatTheHex

WhatTheHex The King of Potatoes

I think that would take a lot of time and server space. Would be neat indeed though.

4. Sealer0

Sealer0 I need me some PIE!

Neat it would be.

5. Bondman007

Bondman007 I need me some PIE!

In the meantime check out my videos here! I hope they help!

Oldmaster likes this.
  6. m007kuzya

m007kuzya Well-Known Member

This is will be really great and cool!
    All "AAA" game have replay system! Replays make PoxNora to next level.

7. Karmavore

Karmavore MEDIUMALLTIME

I'd love for this to be a reality!

8. Leadrz

Leadrz I need me some PIE!

The recording program on the server and the game saved to your hardrive.

9. Agirgis1

Agirgis1 Forum Royalty

aye , i have a 1 terabyte ( around 1000 gb) hard-drive i don't use....
    I'd probably put like every game ill play on it for 10 years. xD

Support the idea of this , maybe make it downloadable and let every individual user take on the load of what they record. ( With the option to upload if possible..but i'd be cool with it even if i can only re-watch my gameplay)

Leadrz likes this.
  10. Leadrz

Leadrz I need me some PIE!

Firk yeah!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

11. Karmavore

Karmavore MEDIUMALLTIME

12. Senshu

Senshu Administrator Octopi

Hmm, it is hypothetically possible to do this, but because of how Pox is designed it is hard to say if it is practical. A system like this would be cool, but all actions in a match will have to be recorded and stored on the database. First of all we would have to make sure that any such of recording feature would not negatively impact existing operations of the game. As in, will there be increased delay for live game actions because the data is being documented and stored for the replay. Also, there is no telling if such a system would cause other problems with the game. We are open to exploring new features, but at the moment we are still working on repairing existing features and cleaning up code. This will allow us to do more interesting features in the future.

Karmavore and PiPPoInZ9 like this.
  13. PiPPoInZ9

PiPPoInZ9 The King of Potatoes

It`s not like it`s an issue with the game. I just thought it would be cool if we have annotated matches of top players. If somebody is searching Youtube for say MTG, or that new Blizzard CCG, and a top Pox Nora match pops up as a suggestion, he may view it.

IMO the two biggest factors stopping people from playing are rune availability and the complexity of the game. I like the steps done on the first part. When it comes to the complexity ... well that is the charm of Pox. Videos with detailed reviews help a lot. To be honest if Sepucure`s videos weren`t up when I started playing, I probably would have stopped after a couple of games.