Pox Wars

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by mortemdeus, May 27, 2014.

1. mortemdeus

mortemdeus Member

I want to give credit where credit is due first, the original idea comes from Apostate but face-planted due to rules questions and over-competitiveness. With that said, I hope to take the concept and run with it.

The Map
    (If somebody with something better than paint can help me with this I would appreciate it. Each faction has 4 territories and I would like them numbered 1-4 but lack the skill to do so.)
    http://i670.photobucket.com/albums/vv64/Comissar/PoxMapicons.jpg

The Gameplay
    This is a war, choose your side and fight for them! Every player will choose a faction and fight with nothing but that faction for the entire war. Battle groups are to be full faction only (no split faction runes) and can not include limited or legendary runes (except war-banners and re-skins of runes.) Once you choose your faction you are stuck with it until the end of the war, so choose wisely!

The war will be fought in rounds. Each round (except the first) will last one week. During each round you may attack or defend as many times as you wish, meaning one player can really carry the war for their team! When half the factions have been turned into hordes, the faction with the most territories wins.

The Rounds
    Rounds last 1 week. During a round, each player can attack any faction that their faction shares a border with. At the end of the round, point totals are compared on a faction by faction basis and whichever faction has the higher score gains a territory.

When the round begins, I will create a thread with the title Round (whatever) War-board. The first post will have the current territories each faction has and the current (ish) attack and defense scores. In that thread I want people to post game results for that round. Winner posts the results, loser confirms the results (feel free to give little stories about the game too, war stories are the best).

Example:
    (my post)
    Mortemdeus (common) of FW defeats Hardy (Limited) of SL
    Hardy ran a wonderful battlegroup and played it perfectly, I have no idea how I won but I did it!
    (it is my post, I can have delusions of grandeur if I want.)

(Hardy's post)
    Confirming that mortemdeus beat me. Not sure where that came from.

I will need a general from each faction to be chosen to be my slave a helper. Generals will need to keep track of the score for their faction in each round (send me a daily message with the attack totals for your faction and the defense total vs any factions attacking you), assist me in deciding if somebody is bending the rules too much, and in general (ha!) be my eyes and ears within their faction. At the end of the round, points will be tallied and the territory will be captured.

Scoring
    Factions score points for either attack or defense based on the rank a person is part of. Unranked and common are treated as the same rank.

Point list:
    Common or uncommon beats: Common or Uncommon 1 point, Rare exotic or Limited 2 points

Rare, Exotic, or legendary beats any: 1 point

At the end of a round, any factions that fought will have their scores compared and the higher score will gain territory from the other faction. Generals will choose what territories to capture.

Extra rules:
    (this section is subject to many updates)​
    1) Multi-player games can be played. Winners score points based on the most favorable outcome (so if a common and a limited player face off against a common and a rare player, either side would earn 2 points on a win. Hopefully this will encourage limited players to train up new players.)

2) If multiple factions choose to take the same territory that territory becomes contested. The following round that is the only territory the two factions can choose to take against each other. (so if FW and UD choose to take the same FS territory one round then the next round the only territory either FW/UD can take from each other is that territory.)

3) Should a faction lose all territories, that faction defaults to a horde. They can attack any territory that was originally theirs. Should they successfully take a territory, they are back in the game!

4) You can join in at any time during the first round. After the first round I will take a look at where we sit and probably allow new people at the beginning of each new round.

5) This is a friendly war (wink), that being said I am the Pox God for this. That means I am the final say on rules and player conduct. Be somewhat nice to each other, try not to abuse the rules (I will keep an eye out for this) and have fun.

Teams:
    -FW-
    Mortemdeus (common)
    XFurionsX (Uncommon)

-FS-
    viktorino (exotic)

-SP-
    spieky (Uncommon)
    shivet (Uncommon)

-ST-

-KF-

chickenpox (common)

-SL-

Hardy (Limited)

-UD-
    maxwell34 (common)

-IS-

Last edited: May 30, 2014
  2. mortemdeus

mortemdeus Member

Round 1 to start on the 31st unless there are no teams

Last edited: May 27, 2014
  3. Loyaute

Loyaute I need me some PIE!

Really don't like the points system.

4. mortemdeus

mortemdeus Member

What don't you like about it?

5. Loyaute

Loyaute I need me some PIE!

It's extremely unrewarding for high ranked players.

6. mortemdeus

mortemdeus Member

The intent is to encourage high level players to play each other and low level players to play each other. Meaning 1 point for most games and possibly more in two player games. Maybe I should just cap it at 3 points though...

7. Boozha

Boozha I need me some PIE!

I'd narrow the brackets. Unranked to uncommon, rare and exotic and limited.

8. mortemdeus

mortemdeus Member

I suppose that makes more sense. I was looking at it as too much of a spread and forgetting a few things.

9. viktorino

viktorino Member

i'd be in for fs , as always.

10. SPiEkY

SPiEkY King of Jesters

I suppose I can play for SP

11. mortemdeus

mortemdeus Member

Nice to have you both

12. shivet

shivet The King of Potatoes

i would like to join for sp

13. HardyGames32

HardyGames32 I need me some PIE!

What's the rune rarity limit or are there none

14. XFurionsX

XFurionsX I need me some PIE!

Add me for Forsaken Wastes.

15. mortemdeus

mortemdeus Member

victorg, what is your player handle?

Hardy "Battle groups are to be full faction only (no split faction runes) and can not include limited or legendary runes (except war-banners and re-skins of runes.)"

16. chickenpox2

chickenpox2 I need me some PIE!

I dont mind for 2v2 for fw or kf
    if anyone want to prater message
    what about leg spells and equip also needs to be romoved?

17. mortemdeus

mortemdeus Member

Still no to leg spells and equip, most factions lack them anyway and we are already taking out the champs.

18. XFurionsX

XFurionsX I need me some PIE!

XFurionsX

19. HardyGames32

HardyGames32 I need me some PIE!

Will enter for SL, seems fun

20. maxwell3094

maxwell3094 The King of Potatoes

Just a heads up that IS isn't on that list in the first post. Seems interesting and ill probably join but ill wait to see if anyone joins my secondary faction first as I could join it if no one else does.