PoxBox discussion

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by kalasle, Nov 12, 2014.

1. MentalMoles

MentalMoles I need me some PIE!

a few years ago the only reason myself and Devils started playing pox again was the creation of poxbox a few years ago. Before that it was just too difficult to get decks together.

I don't begrudge decondor/olaf anything that they have made because honestly, without their site a lot of people would have stopped playing a long time ago.

Anima26, xezno and Woffleet like this.
  2. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

You keep using the name decondor.

I don't think you're getting it.

3. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

People appreciate having a consistent metric for prices. It would, however, be better if that metric were tied to a better system. In Pox, price regulation is a boon, but the system that is currently providing it seems less so. As Moles mentioned, it does provide a service which people use to their benefit - and tangentially to the benefit of Pox - but those benefits should not be conflated, nor should either be left as is, but improved further. There are certainly ways to do that, one of which would be more normalized prices with narrower margins. As it stands, there are no similarly coordinated systems to provide competition, so the most obvious recourse is to appeal to the present situation. Decondor has some points to make for his case, but they are not those presented so far; neither are those points especially strong.

At least this topic is now up for a more focused discussion - that's something, and I'd hope more information comes of it.

4. super71

super71 I need me some PIE!

But your store let's people buy single runes whereas pox doesn't have that option. Why spend 100's to get one rune from poxnora website when we can just buy that one rune we want from your store. Your site started off very positive but over time it's just become more of all high end exos and legendaries are 400k or more. You literally control the trade for an entire game and that's not healthy for the game or community. Then when a decent rune is put into your store for trade and not cash it is immediately traded out again by sharks who also can manipulate the market. Then again the blame can't be put on you because dog let it happen and the community let it happen because the majority of traders are greedy ********. Bottom line i guess is your store is good for new player's but the prices just aren't worth trading anything in anymore and that sucks because your store used to be very good and decently fair prices.

5. super71

super71 I need me some PIE!

I agree it's far better using his site than people then again isn't that a serious problem? Like i said though you can't blame him you have to blame dog for having a shitty trade system and greedy pricks of pox. The mika event was messed up but you can gurantee people would take advantage of that because some people have little morales.

6. MEATMAN

MEATMAN Forum Royalty

why not just stop hoarding runes for your single rune store and put up a system to buy points instead? I think alot more people would be willing to spend some money on simple points to get that higher tier rune by trading in and buying a few extra points so they don't have to bust a nut (in the painful way) trying to find a rune they don't want/need anymore from high prices

7. Saandro

Saandro I need me some PIE!

I'd rather trade with Decondor at a loss, than bother dealing with sub-human trash that inhabits the trades section.

I swear to god, most dont even log on Pox. They just spend their time playing the market and trying to rip players off.

Anima26 likes this.
  8. decondor

decondor I need me some PIE!

@The Boneshredder,

Its supply and demand, if many people want it and it is traded a lot(I can check that) the price goes up

@MEATMAN This is how it was originally when there were enough runes in rotation, I simply cannot do it because as it is now there is not enough trade volume, people with large accounts will drain the store instantly from its most wanted runes and then simply sell them for $$ leaving me dry, I decided to go for a single rune store because else I simply couldn't sell anything (and yeah I am honest, I do want to get some return for the effort I put in/ hosting costs etc). When trade volumes go up and I have like 10+ of each 150k in store and 20+ angels like in the high times it is easy to be a 'good' store and just sell credits (and trust me I earned waaay more back then and no-one complained).

Also I agree poxbox shouldnt be the only one, its a shame I only have competition from another cash store. It was way more fun to run the store when TCGBay was still around (and basically all the flaming went to them lol). Maybe this poxtrade guy can make a difference. I might have an idea who he is though, I suspect some distant colleges of mine lol

9. Gwyndionnz

Gwyndionnz I need me some PIE!

My experience of trading is that the vast majority of the time, for your average rune, poxbox is cheaper 'cause sharks be circling. Its also instant, with no fu%king round, which is worth a premium. The prices for those legs etc might be high but I'm not really interested in those so it doesn't bother me.

10. Sirius

Sirius I need me some PIE!

Whatever the issue with Poxbox's system is, it would autocorrect (or pb would perish) if DOG got THEIR system right. Encouraging resource flow, rune circulation/trading can only be for the better and forgeable Legendaries are a huge step in that direction. Too bad they're not exactly hurrying on that particular front.

11. Lushiris

Lushiris I need me some PIE!

@BurnPyro I do, but I like watching your repeated your attempts at trolling and the grownups are busy with the topic. Don't explain, please.

@kalasle Yes, that's why I said there isn't much we can do about it as players, except complain. If there weren't an offsite trader, we would be naming players in a similar thread as this one.

@super71 Exactly man, IMO the problem was the huge amount of LE's and Legendaries released by SOE, which at first contributed for a reduction in playerbase(at least indirectly), then made trading for them essential as they were vital for playing(and some still are). Also there were the bugs and balance issues, but we know a lot about those. Everything else(impossibility to obtain certain runes, end of tcgbay, Decondor's monopoly, tradesharks, in game rune vendors) is just consequence.

12. Cydna

Cydna Forum Royalty

Oh wow people collect stuff in a TCG? I would've never guessed.

13. Anima26

Anima26 I need me some PIE!

The Condor (Condors are a species of Vulture) bro, he a bird of prey.

14. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

I don't quite understand what you are saying with that second sentence - not in that your idea is dumb or non-sensicle, I just want clarification. Could you rephrase?

No need to marginalize what people are saying as complaints. Talking about concerns - what even is a concern - and looking for ways to address that are more than empty noise, so long as the people involved treat it as such.

15. chickenpox2

chickenpox2 I need me some PIE!

I just hope that when ronin comes out the pricing for the new runes aren't ridiculous

16. Lauremoon

Lauremoon I need me some PIE!

Has anyone played Scrolls? The buy-sell system is almost perfect. I would love to see something like that in Pox, my opinion though.

17. Lushiris

It's true, and then they complain runes are too expensive because Decondor took all of them.

And I like how you think, "Lush has posted 20 lines, let's find that one thing I can flame about".

Last edited: Nov 12, 2014
  18. Cydna

Cydna Forum Royalty

That's not even flaming :rolleyes:. I've never heard one collector complain that his runes were "too expensive".

19. Lushiris

I know I did. Sadly I have no proof. But I digress, all I had to say here(so far) has been said.

20. Lushiris

Sure man, no problem, What I mean is that regulation of prices in Poxnora as it is, is only possible with the existence of offsite traders, and that if they didn't exist it doesn't mean we wouldn't have a problematic economy, probably worse, and that the players who "silently" make profit would be the main target of the flaming PB is suffering right now.

I pretty much meant that someone will always be blamed, fully "guilty" or not. This game's economy goes around PB like I said before, so even if I don't go into details about whether its pricing and rune stock policies, the simple fact that the aforementioned site hold most of the trading power apparently entitles people to see it as an "evil entity".

I think I digressed a lot but I hope I clarified your doubt, at least.