poxbox question

Discussion in 'Rune Trading' started by TheBulwark, Jan 9, 2015.

?

how much faith do you put in poxbox's pricing after the recent changes

1. A lot

23.5%
  2. Some

17.6%
  3. A little

29.4%
  4. None

29.4%
  1. TheBulwark

TheBulwark I need me some PIE!

Hmmm... I'm wondering what poxbox bases the rune pricings on and what people think of its accuracy in terms of use of a valuation method. This comes up as a result of the recent changes, which completely blew away the former prices. Do people think there is/or a way to make more accurate valuations. Is this something we can do as a group to reflect all our ideas instead of one person's? Anyway just some thoughts, please vote and post. Thanks!

2. Goyo

Goyo I need me some PIE!

Define "faith" on this case please.

Because the answer can be "I've never" as much as "It does it's job well and helps a lot on bloody time".

3. KingJad

KingJad I need me some PIE!

Boycott PB

4. doubtofbuddha

doubtofbuddha I need me some PIE!

The valuations seem much more responsive to supply and demand. I suspect that once legendary crafting kicks in it will be pretty good.

The only thing that can be done to really reflect the group will would be a completely open market, but things like that are also open to exploitation and collective stupidity.

5. TheBulwark

TheBulwark I need me some PIE!

Isnt everything?

6. Burcho

Burcho I need me some PIE!

@decondor

Can you explain the pricing with an actual rune? Are the pricings the same for all rune rarities?
    Common: Jakei Owl Raider was for a long time the most expensive rune, now it's 652 OUT, 408 IN. 60% difference
    Uncommon: Dwarven Sergeant: 1099 OUT, 654 IN. 68% difference
    Rare: Voil Sorceror 2442 OUT, 1485 IN 64% difference
    Exo: Demon Lich: 107800 OUT, 94000 IN 11% difference
    Exo: Boghopper Toad: 73920 OUT, 61200 IN 21% difference
    Legendary Bullseye: 81180 OUT, 65700 IN 23% difference

""PS this might look like the margins gone up but this is not the case, it is still 10% difference between IN and OUT BUT if I buy 1 rune for 100k I sell it for 110K and buy the next one for 90K (which I then sell for 99K) etc.""

110 vs 90: 22%

7. decondor

decondor I need me some PIE!

Yeah I can explain, till 16 runes the margin(!!) is 10% after that I decrease the IN price harder than the OUT price, the store failing before was because too many runes I already had were traded in for rare runes, leaving me with a ton of garbage and 0 good runes. Right now I try to give an incentive to actually sacrifice massively overstocked runes in order to make the ones you/the store needs. I still accept overstocked runes but I have no need of 2000+ runes of 1 type (like I had quite a few of before). When there are like 40+ runes of 1 there is actually no need for me to accept them in my trader but to still accept them I just increase margins greatly so that when required I still earn some credits on them (trust me on this, (un)commons are a massive value drain on the store)

So it seems many didn't get my original explanation: Each rune now changes the 'overstock' value. It means that if someone trades IN a rune for 100k that specific rune(with ID AAA) will be sold at 110k and the next one is bought at a smaller price as the previous one, this can be up to 10% leading to the 16 rune count. So in a general case that means I buy rune BBB at 94k, the difference you then see in the trade is 110k-94k BUT when the one of 94K is bought by the store that specific rune (BBB) will be sold at ~103K.

This results in the following table:
    (Current stock 0 = buy the first, current stock 1 is buy the second)
    Current stock:
    Code:
                   Buy at:                  Sell at:
    0:         (AAA)100k                         -----
    1:          (BBB)94k                (AAA)110k
    2:             89k                       (BBB)~103k
    3:             -----                        ~98k
    I hope that makes everyone understand the pricing mechanism:

Edit: Exo, Legendary, Limited have a more steep value decrease on stock vs Rare,Uncommon, Common.

doubtofbuddha likes this.
  8. Mister Tuggles

Mister Tuggles I need me some PIE!

Do you even trade out your limiteds?

Don't think I've ever seen a decent one in the in stock pile other than your cash store which is somehow always at 2 stock regardless of how many are bought. Yes, we all know you hoard all high price limited for your cash shop regardless of how many you actually own. I can only assume you own quite a significant amount of them to keep your store stocked at all times.

9. KingJad

KingJad I need me some PIE!

It seems dozens of renovators have magically disappeared from the market. AGAIN...

TheBulwark likes this.
  10. Burcho

Burcho I need me some PIE!

Thank you for the explanation. It does makes sense now.

I hope the meta will be more diverse soon as what you are saying is: wanted runes will be come more expensive, unwanted runes will become junk for the forges. (correct me if I am wrong)

11. Mister Tuggles

"
    I am currently offering the following LIMITED runes for trade.

• Angel of Pain
    • Angel of Nourishment
    • Angel of War
    • Angel of Chaos
    • Angel of Restoration
    • Inquisitor Magnus
    • Sixul the Worldender
    • Shallaxy the Courier
    • Coragh Two-Heads
    • Swamp Doombringer
    • Ironfist Doombringer

Please contact me HERE so we can discuss potential trades. Note that I am looking for good offers that help me increase rune variety inside the store! So only interested in runes that are not there (yet). I do it this way because that way I can control what is given for it."

This is directly from your site. Doesn't this completely destroy the entire premise of Poxbox? I mean, you basically are withholding top tier limiteds from the actual trader so you can dictate exactly what you are getting instead of letting your credit system work.

I can also guaran-damn-tee that you are going to be asking a hell of a lot more for them than your out value as well.

12. decondor

Yeah I give Limiteds a special treatment, like well... everyone does, because they are so limited by their very nature it is hard to pintpoint a real value on them. ESPECIALLY when the legendary forge is on our doorstep.

You know, as you probably noticed is that the 'perfect poxbox' is never gonna happen and I also don't get why everyone thinks I am obliged somehow to always offer every rune inside the trader. Yes I keep stuff behind for the $$ store and to streamline the runes I get in. And in meanwhile I offer the community the only place people can actually get the runes they want when they want them.

Anyway I use those runes to trade manually for runes that I want to have in the store because they are popular and I ask very reasonable prices for it, just a bit more, not shark prices. I need to do some manual trades in order to fill the store with the cool stuff so everyone keeps trading and that works GREAT!!! Have you seen the amount of variety inside the store? It hasn't been like that for over 1.5 year!

PS, value wise this change was 100% bad for me, the store value was by almost 100.000.000 credits due to new calculations, but seeing so many cool runes being traded a lot made it totally worth it!

13. Mister Tuggles

The amount of variety inside the store right now is because you are being forced to dump the massive stockpile of legendaries you've accumulated since you held them out for the past 1.5 years.

Don't try to turn this entire situation into you doing the community a favor. You've basically withheld runes for years, and are now dealing with the consequences of legendaries being able to be crafted in 8 days.

I am really just hoping that with the amount of attention poxbox is getting from the community right now you will either be shut down from people realizing what you've done to the game economy since you got greedy, or DOG will finally bring in their own store to compete with you/bring prices to a manageable level.

If you get removed from the equation maybe rune trading will actually become a thing again. I remember the good old days of massive community rune pools that weren't designed to rip people off. I remember when you could find anything on the trade market, and didn't have to resort to using a third party who hoards runes to get what you want.

The most amusing part of all of this is that you are running a business. We all know that, and you have to do what you think you need to for your profits. That being said, if/when PoxNora goes down you will be one of the sole contributors as to WHY they had to pull it down as you are essentially taking money out of DOG's pockets.

Last edited: Jan 12, 2015
    JaceDragon and Goyo like this.
  14. decondor

I am not being forced by any force lol.

If you'd actually think about, do you really think that just releasing a few (2 of each) legendaries made all the difference? Do you really think it would boost the store variety as it did right now if the pricing system was the same?

For your record, I tried it many times, releasing from the personal stock, at regular times, after X amount of trades, had the OOS system. It all didn't work out anymore because well the trade volumes could not support it.

Because yeah I also remember the times everything was in stock..... it was the time we had a waaaaay more active community, waaaaay more people buying and thus trading stuff owh and there were less different runes.
    Also before that time there were different (forum) trade stores and rune pools that had way higher margins than I have now. Then poxbox came and because I automated the process I could go down to just 10% margin, everyone happy except the other rune pools and stores. Poxbox became so big because it was the better solution to what the situation was before and you want to go back to the way it was before? With the current player base and rune variety? Then you have a death-wish for the game.

However in time somehow people blame everything on poxbox, I think because I am the easiest one to blame. But if it wasn't me someone else or poxportal would still do it, it is that simple. If there was variety in stores and pools people would complain less and blame others on hoarding but the situation would be no different or worse. It doesn't matter how fair a trade market is there will always be sharks in eyes of people even if there aren't any.

Now poxbox is there for the community, despise what some here on the forum want others to believe. Yes I run it as a business but when I still get messages from people how they like the site,finally can use the BG they want, happy they can fill their collections and now many positive reactions on the new pricing, well I still know who I do it for. It is the people who play and apparently not the ones who roam the forums 24/7 with their complaints.

On a side note:
    I truly think that without poxbox poxnora would not have survived the transition between SoE and DoG, if poxbox were not there when the silence started poxnora would have died as many other SoE games did.

15. doubtofbuddha

doubtofbuddha I need me some PIE!

decondor, if over-saturated commons/uncommons are truly a problem, do you think you could ease the controls on them a little bit? As it is I know people who would be quite willing to extract the core commons/uncommons from your store but can't because of those limits.

16. decondor

The real over saturated ones I already forged, which gave me a nice 130k Shards of which a large part already returned in the form of OOS exotics.
    Where normally the limit was 65% now it is already 45% since the price change.

I still don't want people to massively drain my stock of CUR runes, but when I get large amounts I want to be able to shard them.
    With low IN prices on high stock it is more logical to actually forge those runes.

17. SlickDragon

SlickDragon Member

Very good job Decondor finally changing the dreadful 65% limit. Made it very hard to buy C/U/R without constantly having to sell runes you didn't want to, which is the hardest for us new players. While there are numerous issues and faults that i won't get into atm, i will say that it's encouraging that you listen and make positive changes from the feedback you get!