Poxbox weekly DoW rewards and tournaments

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by decondor, Mar 27, 2014.

1. decondor

decondor I need me some PIE!

OK! I am in dire need of some opinions about this.

I checked out the poxnora website and thought! HECK! I can do this probably pretty secure and easily! Put some of my credit-wise profit on cards back into the game (and of course be honest generate extra traffic and more incentive to play ranked). Make automated weekly rewards in credits for playing ranked games BUT I don't want to make the already rich and very good players richer(but something to strife for, more on that later). So I thought to limit rewards to exotic or even rare league, the idea is to trigger people to play ranked and become better while rewarding them with small credit amounts based on their performance weekly.

And in the future(depending how difficult it will be to program and how much free time I have) to be to host automated tournaments and rewards! (Yeah I figured a way to automated this!, how cool is that :DDD) More rewarding tournaments could be played by for example only limited league players(hence leaving out LE league standard rewards), restricted by level or win-rate.

But first I want to hear how you guys think to split reward 300-1000k credits a week over all players participating and how to select those to be rewarded? I got some idea's myself but I'd like to hear some.

Cheers!

2. Greysands22

Greysands22 I need me some PIE!

Obviously just give them to me. lol

First cool idea, thanks for making that effort.

Personally I think maybe you could do it based on participation levels. Maybe play 10 ranked get X play 20 ranked get XX etc?

Curious to see what others think.

3. RedDain

RedDain I need me some PIE!

Do a combination of 1) play x number of games to get x number of credits (a percentage of the total you think you can afford to give out) and 2) a modifier based on experience gained. You can't do it based on rank, because rank depends on so many other players' rise or fall... you have to do it based on experience.

So player with 800 Experience Points plays 20 games -- that player then reaches the "100 credit Prize"... that player wins ALL those games, and goes from 800 experience to 1000 experience... so the "undefeated" modifier and the "League Change" modifiers kick in (maybe 10% extra and 15% extra?).

Maybe give bonuses for beating a player with X% more experience?

4. PharumM

PharumM Member

epic idea we need some more motivation to play ranked

5. Valkyr

Valkyr The King of Potatoes

Great idea. We always love community events (and rewards ,).
    Let me just bring some negative opinion (although i never played a pvp game nor will I start...or maybe).
    You say based on level ? So what if i'm level 99 and never played ranked ?
    And what about players creating alt accounts and transfering their high ranked account runes to a low account etc ..?

6. LoganMkv

LoganMkv I need me some PIE!

Make simple guild wars.

Each week any guild can dump runes worth X credits as a participation bid.
    Then for a week you scrape all game results, and if two participating guilds members had a ranked game, record the score.
    After the week ends, auto-distribute the pool between winners according to their contribution (for example top guild gets 60% of the pool, and a member that brought 30% of points gets 30% of that 60%).

7. only

only Active Member

I really like it, but there could be some guild security points to prevent some abuses. I guess some of those could be based on guild system from pox side, like the limit of members (participating)?

8. darklord48

darklord48 Forum Royalty

That would definitely make me consider playing ranked. Right now I've just been working on completing all of the campaigns that the Owls were kind enough to give us. I've done it on normal, and I'm working my way through on Hard. Legendary will be tough for some of my theme decks I think.

9. LoganMkv

LoganMkv I need me some PIE!

This is a zero-sum game with ranked restrictions, so trying to abuse it is not even worth the effort imo. Can you provide an example of abuse you were thinking of?

10. only

only Active Member

well, I meant farming players. quantity of wins rather than quality or some reasonable middle between those...

11. BansheeX

BansheeX I need me some PIE!

I think it is a great idea.

12. Cydna

Cydna Forum Royalty

I honestly think you should avoid rewarding Veteran players, or if you choose to reward them, give them super small amounts.

Reward the noobs though. It's always nice to encourage noobies to play.

TeaNinja likes this.
  13. decondor

decondor I need me some PIE!

that is indeed kinda the point behind this, also maybe for some nice addition as technical factor, I can check the rankings but I am not really planning to read out every account and cross reference that with guild or analyse EVERY game played. So a snapshot of ranked daily or weekly is what I want to work with.

For preventing multi accounting I have some methods in mind, of course I thought about this and honestly if people go to such extend to cheat then they better get a job and use that money to pay for the game rather than win some credits lawl

TeaNinja likes this.
  14. Cydna

Cydna Forum Royalty

Let DoG deal with guild stuff. You should focus on the lesser players.

15. ykmmmm

ykmmmm Member

nice idea that would help alot new players and help weak old player like me who don't have time to do more than 2 -3 game in a day XD but to avoid the abuse of multi accaunt and the limited player some if in the program should be put in xd

16. stfn

stfn Member

First off you run a great service and thanks for thinking about the community.

Perhaps offer credits that can only redeem Rares?

17. Paper Skull

Paper Skull I need me some PIE!

Well don't make it guild based. Not everyone wants to commit to a guild in order to join a newbie friendly tournament.

Goyo likes this.
  18. Goyo

Goyo I need me some PIE!

+1

19. yobanchi

yobanchi I need me some PIE!

Awesome idea ^_^, always love to see incentives for play.

20. uaChakra

uaChakra Member

Good idea , but in ranked. I often see people in uncommon rare league who in first turns drop 500 and 150k gold runes. This people is rich but they low league. And they should not get reward. Only newbie who can't allow anything deserve some extra reward for trying climbing in ladder when playing against old *** player. And if your weekly reward system would be work, you can create some pool for donation from old player who have some extra stuff.