Poxbox will close 1st of February

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by decondor, Dec 21, 2017.

1. Kampel

Kampel I need me some PIE!

cool, i dont know what blockchain or distributed ledger tech is but good luck with that!

Could actually work, its worth the try

2. Morfeas

Morfeas I need me some PIE!

Can't access the site currently, got a coinminer alert too.

3. newsbuff

newsbuff Forum Royalty

so long and thanks for all the runes. good luck. curious what Sokolov thinks is the best thing to do with your stash in terms of the game/players/revenue...

4. Bondman007

Bondman007 I need me some PIE!

Yes, this... If you guys find this acceptable then rock on!

5. Etherielin

Etherielin The Floof Cultist

That's clunky, but not inefficienct - the efficiency comes from the amount of value you receive. I did not deny the clunkyness of the mechanism.

6. darklord48

darklord48 Forum Royalty

I agree that letting the bulk go to waste is probably good for the game. I would like to see the limited runes stay in the game somehow as many of those aren't available anymore. Would you consider putting everything into the trader before you close?

fogandsteel and Tweek516 like this.
  7. Boozha

Boozha I need me some PIE!

Fishy as always.

8. DiCEM0nEY

DiCEM0nEY I need me some PIE!

Did you not get the memo about the shard value of the new pre made decks being absurd?

9. haroldkin

haroldkin I need me some PIE!

Thanks for keeping up with poxbox and good luck with your future endeavors.

10. Alakhami

Alakhami I need me some PIE!

just donate the LE's to Maru for tournies; rest can go to waste. Problem solved.

Tweek516 likes this.
  11. Silveraine

Silveraine I need me some PIE!

Tournaments will most likely be won by veterans. Unless there are LE rewards for newbies as well, I don't see this being useful. You did a solid for Pox. Sell the high end runes and make yourself some green. You deserve it.

But then again, sounds like you have no need for them greens no more. :rolleyes:

12. Axeraiser

Axeraiser I need me some PIE!

Yeah , this is the final nail in the coffin.

13. bambino

bambino I need me some PIE!

I feel the same,,, would be cool to have some "lower tier" tournies running along side the main event.

14. Baskitkase

Baskitkase Forum Royalty

There hasn’t been a world where working was not required for 6000 years. And now you’ve figured it out... awesome. I’ll sit on the couch and await this revelation.

The service you provided was cool. Thanks for doing it.

Dgaf that you are pouty about internet trolls. QQ

Be well.

Bondman007, DiCEM0nEY and Alakhami like this.
  15. Thbigchief

Thbigchief I need me some PIE!

- Yeah giving the Bane Shift away for free while we can all understand why "we" would want that... but no one will buy his runes before now and then if there is a chance of getting some for free. So unless poxbox was a charity and I missed it, dont expect free runes... everyone gets sentimental when a free lunch is a possibility

Loyaute likes this.
  16. Etherielin

Which is why we're telling him to donate the runes to the tournament pool so that they still keep their rarity status and don't die off. Letting them go to waste is just wrong imo.

17. Thbigchief

Thbigchief I need me some PIE!

- Just cant flood the market with that kind of rune amount, and it's like Walmart saying... we're having a sale until Sunday, but Monday we will give everything away... is anyone going there sunday then? nope

Loyaute likes this.
  18. Etherielin

What part of "Tournament Pool" did you miss? And PoxBox >selling< these runes is against ToS, the only reason a Cease and Desist order hasn't been pursued is because of the fact Rune Forge didn't exist for a long time, PoxBox's non-$$ trading aspect was crucial to the game's longetivity (which got solved by the Rune Forge) and Owls were keeping one eye closed because they didn't want to cause fractures within the community.

Why do we want to continue supporting actions that are illegal and no longer necessary? He isn't Walmart, he's a user performing actions deemed illegal by the game's Terms of Service, but kept quiet about because everyone understood this option had to exist. It no longer has to and Olaf putting the limiteds in $$ store while making this thread is essentially a content hostage situation.

The decision is his to make and I hope he'll decide to do the morally right thing and donate these runes to the tournament pool, so we can have some nice tournament rewards in the future and I am disappointed in anyone who'd support any other action as it either reeks of spite or greed.

With daily skirmishes and quests you earn about 1.5k gold daily and the marketplace decks cost 5k gold. It's not a matter of weeks, but pretty much a single weekend to get yourself 2k shards, which is lets you build entire decks.

Alakhami and DiCEM0nEY like this.
  19. bambino

I dont think there saying just give em out willy nilly.
    but if there was an actual "tourney committee" , couple members who we all believe in,, plenty of faithful here,
    in charge of the new rune bank, ,, holding weekly tournies,, small and big,, it would be good I think.
    lims , leg, exos. the rest into oblivion..
    those lims shouldnt go into oblivion tho.,
    if there was 1000 made, then it would be nice to have em all circulating, ,, wont make anymore,,, and they were made to be enjoyed.
    heh this is kinda true,, and I have been of this mind the last few midterms,,(new releases too actually),,
    if the new stuff doesn't really do anything to help my bgs,,most roles are covered ,,, then ill just wait,,, I got plenty shards.

20. bambino

sounds friggin awesome, better get to work on it right away ! :)

fogandsteel likes this.