PoxNora imProvement Projects #1

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Sokolov, May 12, 2015.

1. kagebunshn

kagebunshn I need me some PIE!

I really hate faeries, but Corgi made me consider trying them. I am surprised how much their costs went up considering they have some of the lowest base damage, lowest hitpoints, and lowest defense of any theme.

They basically have 0 defense against melee champs, and every faction has anti-range, spell spam, and AE abilities that hit from as far away as they do.

Can you guys plz not put their only source of foment on a bad almost 80 nora melee rune?

2. GemmaXylia

GemmaXylia Forum Royalty

Does frostfall vanguard fall into the same boat as this? 70 nora for high hp/collossal?

Netherzen and limone1981 like this.
  3. nakaruru

nakaruru Devotee of the Blood Owl

Vanguard has less health even in ff st, can't be boosted in faction, doesn't have resilient and maybe most important no healing. It does a bit more damage and has the equip gimmick but that actually causes it to take damage with follow up melee attacks. Between the two the boa is generally the harder one to deal with imo.

4. bagoftrick

bagoftrick I need me some PIE!

It also has 65 base hp to its 69 nora cost. that alone makes it runnable. everything else just makes it silly.

5. nakaruru

nakaruru Devotee of the Blood Owl

It has 60 base with ff st bonus. If hp to nora ratio is all that is needed st has a number of champs that can boast a hp to nora ratio that is better than 1:1. But most of them get little to no notice colossal makes a big difference.

6. bagoftrick

bagoftrick I need me some PIE!

I was referring to the boa.

nakaruru likes this.
  7. fattyy2k

fattyy2k I need me some PIE!

Sand stalker dust devil. 84 Nora at his cheapest with less than 45hp. zephyr shield and whirl of blades may be pricey, but his cost is still unjustified.

Other "sand" champs need looked at due to cost. Some I think are fine (sand stalker lord for example) but plenty have an imbalanced Nora:abilities and stats ratio.

8. Sokolov

Sokolov The One True Cactuar Octopi

It is not a shoebox buff thread in the traditional sense, but it is true that many runes that are shoeboxed is going to fall into this some mis-costed category. So it just depends on your point of view.

9. Sokolov

How is it unjustified? Are there abilities that are overcosted?

10. Sokolov

In today's game, 2-5 is probably one of the most comprehensive ranges around. But yea, he'd go down a good chunk of nora going to 3-5.

11. fattyy2k

Even with zephyr and whirl, the unequipable should be able to drop his price down low enough for him to be considerable, somewhere mid 70s. As he is, his low health and is not worth 80+ as his lowest cost. I could understand his more expensive upgrade options pushing him over 80, but not as it is.

GlaurunGod likes this.
  12. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

Unfortunately, a champion needs other stats to make range a valuable stat. Any chance he could get that range cut? That range and Essence Capture on base are the big things -- it's a terrible ability when you have 9 base damage, 6 speed, and no boost potential.

13. Sokolov

RNG cut is probably fine. No one ways to pay for large range these days generally speaking.

As for the second point: Would you say almost all champions deserve a cost discount since 6 SPD 10ish damage is kind of "baseline" to begin with? So if we are saying a champion that can essence capture at RNG 5 deserves a cost discount on account of such stats, wouldn't that mean most champions with Essence Capture may be worthy of a cost discount?

14. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

At his price and damage potential, I think Essence Capture is more a sandbag than a beneficial ability, that's probably the more value-neutral way to say what I said. More pointedly, I think the ability itself is over-costed, especially in comparison to other generation abilities.

15. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

Like Revenant, Festering Corpse gets -3 nora from abilities (default) and costs 47 nora, meaning 50 nora for its stats -- 5 DMG, 4 SPD, 0 DEF, 1 RNG, and 44 HP. I suspect a manual modifier. Even if paying for HP at 1:1 and getting no discount for incredibly sub-average damage and speed, he would still be over-costed.

16. Sokolov

Note: The existence of a nora modifier does not necessarily justify its removal. Many of these runes have a nora modifier precisely because without one, the cost would be silly (Frostfall Icewisp is a good example), and these are often runes that are used in other contexts (other abilities spawn/summon them), making them difficult to modify directly as well.

17. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

Yeah, Festering Corpse needs a modifier, he would probably be free without one. I do think it could be reduced, though, and it's worth bringing them to light (would that be better done in the Crate as a buff request or here?).

18. limone1981

limone1981 I need me some PIE!

Has the Voil Jester a manual modifier?

19. fattyy2k

If the 6spd 10 DMGES is baseline, I would understand the dust devils current price a lot more if he had 10 base (12 with domain).

20. Faust

Faust Devotee of the Blood Owl

Fire Gigant ?