Poxnora Mordheim Warband Roster - Border Prince Melee

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Molosse, May 13, 2014.

1. Molosse

Molosse I need me some PIE!

So we'll be starting this weekend. Try and get a warband picked out plus a roster sorted by then.

2. bluestun

bluestun Member

Did you make a campaign on roll20 too? We can't make maps for it till we are in it

3. Molosse

I'll go ahead and make on for people to start making then :), though I'll need to set you up as a Gm. In any case the link to get onto the actual campaign has been added to the start page.

I've set up a roster page and 4 blank pages set to the right settings regarding size and geometry, so go wild, I'll be making my own soon enough. In addition on the roster page I have set up various base size's we'll need for the campaign, make sure that each of your tokens goes onto one the bases of the right size.

Last edited: May 16, 2014
  4. bluestun

bluestun Member

Well with the bretonnian brigands it seems my one and only scenario choice is the silent threat.

5. Molosse

I'll let you pick additionally from Scourge of the Realm, Silent Threat and the Lure of Fortune mate.

6. bluestun

bluestun Member

I will stick with silent threat. Lure of fortune is really thematically bad for a bunch of bandits to try and recreate the silk road instead of plunder it

7. GabrielQ

GabrielQ I need me some PIE!

8. Molosse

Last edited: May 17, 2014
  9. Comissar

Comissar I need me some PIE!

Garril Oathkeeper's rememberances of Norri Drazag's Doom Quest;

Entry 1;

A fierce storm forced us to shelter in a local thorp. Restless at being out of the fight, and eager to repay the townsfolk's hospitality, Norri insisted we aid the guard in watching for the trade wagon due that evening. While standing watch, Snorri spotted a band of brigands, weapons drawn, clearly intent on raiding the settlement we were camped at. Snorri, Torrak and myself issued forth from the tower to determine their intentions. A crossbow bolt struck Snorri's shield and two riders attempted to unload their pistols at us. Fortunately, the rain ruined the blackpowder, preventing ignition. With hostilities declared, Snorri and I each charged a horseman. My opponent attempted to take another shot at me as I charged him, fortunately both of his pistols had been ruined by the weather. I repaid his attempts on my life with an axe to the gut. Spying the leader of their warband, I chased after him whilst Snorri and Torrak worked together to fell the other rider.

I reached the groups leader as the caravan we had been expecting arrived, the shout from the watchtower signalling its arrival must have distracted him, I was able to knock him to the ground with a heavy punch. Seeing the lack of remorse for his actions in his eyes, I took it upon myself to end his aggression permenantly. Following the death of their leader, the men fell back, all save for one of the horsemen. Upon interrogation, he revealed himself to be a man named 'Boris'. He couldn't tell us much, only that his leader had promised them easy pickings at this settlement. It seems fortunate that we arrived when we did, or these townsfolk would have been preyed upon without mercy. Seeing no further use in holding the man captive, Norri instructed us to turn him loose. If it has no fight in it, he's not interested.

We stayed in town a little while longer, helping to unload the cart. The townsfolk were extremely grateful, sending a Dragon Monk with us to help guide us to our next destination. Taking a hilly path, we chanced across another Dwarf. Identifying himself as Drogo, the dwarf explained that he had taken the Slayer's oath for fleeing from battle. He will be a welcome addition to our company.

Herein are inscribed the Grudges of Norri Drazag's company, may they never be forgotten until they have been avenged;

Snorri Ormundsson struck by a bolt from an unknown Crossbowman in the company of Boris' warband.

Darvin Rarn struck and stunned by a bolt from an unknown Crossbowman in the company of Boris' warband.

Garril Oathkeeper shot by the pistol of Aryk the Pious. Grudge Repaid

Torrak Tyrn struck by the butt of the pistol of an unknown Horseman in the company of Boris' warband.
    Grudge Repaid

10. Molosse

The above is all dwarven propoganda.

11. Regulate

Regulate I need me some PIE!

Are the banshees op? Should they be house-ruled down a little?

Also some of the rules of the attack they get are unclear to me

Or do they just seem strong cos people don't have magic weapons / haven't come across heavy shooting yet?

12. Tarth

Tarth Devotee of the Blood Owl

Mostly it seems to be the lack of chance to actually fight it. They do get hurt by our weapons, its just we have yet to use our weapons against it.

13. Comissar

Virion of Breton's remembrances of Norri Drazag's Doom Quest;

Entry 2;

This is the first time I have preformed a duty as a rememberer, so I am uncertain of what is expected of me. I have endeavoured to follow Master Oathkeeper's style. It was by chance that I was at the Last Stand inn when Norri Drazag and his cohort arrived. Nothing strange appeared to be about to happen, until one of the Dwarves spotted a merchant that had come by some hours earlier. There must have been some bad blood between them, the Dwarf, who I would come to know as Norri himself, threw himself at the man. An Errant Knight interceded, and before I knew it a full bar brawl had begun.

Frankly, I just tried to keep my head down throughout the entire affair. Not my fight, after all. Eventually the Bouncer came in and straightened things out. The dwarves all had to be knocked stone cold before the fighting would stop, by the time they came around they were in good spirits and eager for a drink. Curious to hear their tale, I joined them. I awoke the next morning to find I'd signed a contract swearing that I'd follow them and record their deeds. Apparently halfway through the knight their old rememberer, Master Oathkeeper, got dragged into a fight with one of those nasty warriors from the wastes. The man maimed his leg and made off with his gear. The poor dwarf is going to need a long time to recover. Anyway, I tried to explain to Norri that the contract must have been signed in the heat of the moment, but he's having none of it. It looks like I'm along for the ride now, we leave at mid-day.

As a part of my duty I am required to keep track of the grudge's Norri's company have gathered through their time questing. I understand that those inscribed by Master Oathkeeper in the last entry are to be included as well. Do dwarves never just forgive and forget?

Herein are inscribed the Grudges of Norri Drazag's company, may they never be forgotten until they have been avenged;

Snorri Ormundsson struck by a bolt from an unknown Crossbowman in the company of Boris' warband.

Darvin Rarn struck and stunned by a bolt from an unknown Crossbowman in the company of Boris' warband.

Torrak Tyrn struck by the butt of the pistol of an unknown Horseman in the company of Boris' warband.
    Grudge Repaid

Norri Drazag knocked unconscious by a pair of Squires of Bretonnia.

Frei Barral scarred and knocked unconscious by an Undead Abomination.

Darvin Rarn knocked unconscious by the Bretonnian 'Tristan'.

Garril Oathkeeper knocked unconscious by a Banshee's scream.

Drogo Tarnhelm knocked unconscious by the Ogre Bouncer.

Garril Oathkeeper maimed and robbed by a Warrior of Chaos.

14. Molosse

Darunia Piech's Travel Journal

Day 1:
    Having been employed with Sieur Kacper's trading convoy the previous day as a scribe I have been informed that in addition to my other duties I should record a journal of events. So beginning with my first outing with the company Sieur Kacper had taken a contract to transport several casks of Cathayan Red to a nearby town by a Master Chen we set off post-haste, promising to pick up Lokair when his leg wound had healed (Still no clue how that happened). Just as we set off it started hailing worse than back in the old-country so Sieur Kacper ordered everyone into the Wagon other than Boris and we set off as fast as we could.
    We were making good time when, over the hail, we heard beastial shouts and muffled battle-cry's. Apparently there was a group of knights from Bretonnia who had tried to waylay us but had instead been attacked by some twisted beast of the forest. Magnus put a bolt into one of them as we rode past.

No notable injuries other than Boris taking a large chunk of hail to the skull. That poor man needs a helmet.

Takings: Warhorse sold with a tidy profit, payment accepted for the wine. Another Kossar in the area has joined with us.

Day 3:
    We'd been settled into the "Last Orders" Inn for a day now, I'd just been collecting up my papers when Magnus and Sven came bursting into my room, they'd barely had time to tell me about some sort of "Dwarven" issue before a dwarf clad totally in a shining metal came through the door screaming "OATHS". He immediately went for Magnus before Sven intercepted with a shoulder charge, it was all flailing limbs and horrific noises before the dwarf swung at me as I was trying to get around the melee and to the caravan. I woke up on the caravan slung underneath a bale of silks with Boris laid out next to me as the Inn was rapidly shrinking into the distance.

Takings: Some off-the-book deals with Chen have gone well, not much else to report.

15. Comissar

Entry 3;

As we were travelling to our next encampment site, we ran across a trail of wrecked carts. The horses that had been pulling them had had their bodies gnawed upon by some kind of voracious predator, and the wooden cargo crates had been spilled and shattered on the floor. The scene was horrifying, but I saw my compatriot's eyes light up. We quickened our march, the dwarves eager to test their mettle against whatever commited this atrocity. We soon saw a caravan, miraculously still being guarded by a handful of men, being assaulted by a quartet of Ogres.

As we rushed forward, it rapidly became apparent that we weren't the only ones to follow this trail of destruction. A foul vampire and his unholy retinue were also closing on the scene. Vicious fighting soon broke out, our company felled an Ogre, but in that time three guards fell and the undead swarmed the remaining three. Showing no signs of being content to stop at that, our two bands clashed. I confess that I have only heard what happened next. As I closed to aid Snorri strike down a Wight, some form of an Abomination blindsided me, knocking me to the ground. When I came to, I found the fight to already be over. All of us save Snorri had survived it. From what I heard, he fell to the Vampire himself after felling a Wight. We gave him a Dwarven burial as best we could.

The Merchant was extremely grateful, offering us information on the location of a Chaos Dragon lair. I desperately hope we won't find ourselves there, but knowing the way Norri thinks, I can't help but feel we'll be there all too soon.

Garril Oathkeeper shot by the pistol of Aryk the Pious.
    Grudge Repaid

Grudge Repaid

Norri Drazag knocked unconscious by a pair of Squires of Bretonnia.

Garril Oathkeeper knocked unconscious by a Banshee's scream.
    Grudge Repaid

Drogo Tarnhelm knocked unconscious by the Ogre Bouncer.
    Grudge Repaid

Garril Oathkeeper maimed and robbed by a Warrior of Chaos.

Frei Barral knocked unconscious by a Defiled.

Virion of Bretonnia knocked unconscious and maimed by an Undead Abomination.

Torrak Tyrn kocked unconscious by a Wight.
    Grudge Repaid

Snorri Ormundsson killed by the Nosferatu Vampire.

Norri Drazag knocked unconscious by a Skeleton.

16. Regulate

Regulate I need me some PIE!

I'm at 4 games btw, Firk y'all

17. Tarth

Tarth Devotee of the Blood Owl

Looking to get my 4th game if anyone wants to play today.

18. Comissar

Entry 4;

I am writing this from the side of a road having just extricated myself from a hedge. I'm quickly learning that "retreat" is not in the Dwarven vocabulary. We were travelling through the forest when a great Dragon Ogre burst out at us. It quickly laid out everyone save myself and Norri. Norri proved that he's not called a 'Giant Slayer' for nothing, and took the beast down in short order. In the distance, we spied a band of my fellow countrymen, similarly engaged in combat with a Dragon Ogre. My companions sought to settle a few grudges with these men, rushing forward as they slew their own Ogre. Fortunately for us, the Ogre had already taken two of their men out of the fight. Unfortunately, we were still outnumbered nearly two to one. When combat was joined, the fighting was brutal. Blow for blow, Norri's warriors were equally matched by the errantry of Breton. I did my best to keep my distance, but an arrow found me, glancing off my temple. The last thing I remember seeing was Norri fighting alone against a trio of knights, determined to not flee the field.

When we came to, the dwarves were not happy. They've determined that we have to make the knights pay for their transgressions against us. Though they're my kin, I find myself agreeing. Some vengeance would be nice.

Torrak Tyrn struck by the butt of the pistol of an unknown Horseman in the company of Boris' warband. Grudge Repaid

Norri Drazag knocked unconscious by a pair of Squires of Bretonnia. Grudge Repaid

Garril Oathkeeper knocked unconscious by a Banshee's scream. Grudge Repaid

Drogo Tarnhelm knocked unconscious by the Ogre Bouncer. Grudge Repaid

Garril Oathkeeper maimed and robbed by a Warrior of Chaos. Grudge Repaid

Torrak Tyrn kocked unconscious by a Wight. Grudge Repaid

Darvin Rarn knocked unconscious by Bretonnian 'Artorious'.

Virion of Bretonnia knocked unconscious by Bretonnian Squire.

Drogo Tarnhelm maimed and knocked unconscious by Bretonnian 'Marcus'.

Frei Barral knocked unconscious by Bretonnian 'Tristan'.

Norri Drazag knocked unconscious by Bretonnian 'Marcus'.

19. Comissar

Entry 5;

Today proved fortuitous. Our travels took us through a remote border town, Norri insisted that we stopped, noting that he knew the people here. We did what we could to help out during our break, mainly manning the guard tower. While on duty, I noticed the same band of Knights that we ran into a few days ago. Calling to Norri, I asked him what we should do. His response was a nod at my bow and a gruff "Wha' do ye think, laddie? Take th' shot."

My aim was true, I struck one of the squires in the knee, crippling him for the fight ahead. Norri and Torrak staved off an assault from the north, whilst Drogo and Darvin headed south to intercept the knights. Their fighting was truly impressive to behold. Norri felled two of the knights single handedly whilst Darvin was a whirl of blades in the midst of their ranks, blocking blows almost before I saw the swing begin. Before long, they were calling a retreat. Their leader had been taken down and they were in disarray. Letting them retrieve their wounded, we kept a close eye on them for treachery. We needn't have worried. The Errantry of my home are many things, but they are not dishonourable.

The Dwarven attitude must be rubbing off on me, it felt nice to get some proper revenge. A pair of clansmen happened to have been staying in town at the time, they offered to lend their spears to our cause, an offer Norri was happy to accept.

Torrak Tyrn struck by the butt of the pistol of an unknown Horseman in the company of Boris' warband. Grudge Repaid

Norri Drazag knocked unconscious by a pair of Squires of Bretonnia. Grudge Repaid

Grudge Repaid

Garril Oathkeeper knocked unconscious by a Banshee's scream. Grudge Repaid

Drogo Tarnhelm knocked unconscious by the Ogre Bouncer. Grudge Repaid

Garril Oathkeeper maimed and robbed by a Warrior of Chaos. Grudge Repaid

Torrak Tyrn kocked unconscious by a Wight. Grudge Repaid

Darvin Rarn knocked unconscious by Bretonnian 'Artorious'.

Virion of Bretonnia knocked unconscious by Bretonnian Squire.
    Grudge Repaid

Drogo Tarnhelm maimed and knocked unconscious by Bretonnian 'Marcus'.
    Grudge Repaid

Frei Barral knocked unconscious by Bretonnian 'Tristan'.
    Grudge Repaid

Norri Drazag knocked unconscious by Bretonnian 'Marcus'.
    Grudge Repaid