Poxnora on 4K display?

Discussion in 'Tech Support' started by realgigio, Mar 3, 2015.

1. realgigio

realgigio New Member

So I just bought a new laptop, a dell 15" with 4k display, and as I expected the display is super cool, but provides some troubles too.
    The poxnora launcher and the game area too are awfully small, and like this it is really impossible to play (sadly this also happens with other softwares/apps).
    The strange think with poxnora is that even if I downscale the display resolution to 1920x1080 (while also setting the same resolution in pox settings) nothing changes and poxnora stays at the same size, very very small.

Do you plan on supporting 4k displays in the near future?
    Is there any workaround that could make me able to play in the meantime?

Thanks!

2. Senshu

Senshu Administrator Octopi

Because Pox Nora uses sprites and static images it is not possible to support 4k displays. It is odd that downscaling isn't working. Are you running in fullscreen on Steam or on the standalone game client?

3. realgigio

realgigio New Member

I am running on the standalone game client, because that is what I am used to do...but I will also try to launch it on steam as a test.

So I guess the same problem applies to the MacBookPro 15" since it has a res of 2880x1800...or is IOS able to somehow upscale it?

4. Senshu

It all depends on how the OS treats the Pox Nora window, but it is likely for this same occurrence to happen with monitors over 1080p.

5. realgigio

realgigio New Member

Same problem also with steam...this is quite annoying!

Btw I am thinking about giving this dell back and switch to a Mac (not only because of pox ofc, there are other issues, but it would be nice to be able to play!)

Does anyone play pox on a 15" (or 13") Macbook pro retina? Does pox work ok?

6. Senshu

I saw your other Macbook post. It is hard to say how it will look. Hypothetically if you set your computer's output resolution to 1080 and have Pox Nora set as 1080 it should work, but that may not always be the case as you saw with your Dell 4k.

7. realgigio

realgigio New Member

I see, I hope that there is a mac user that can clarify this for me

Btw I find it a little odd that you don't test this kind of things, compatibility with different OS's shuld be a major point if you want pox to grow...

8. Senshu

We do test these where we can, but some of these we would have to rewrite whole sections of the game to address these types of things. Pox Nora is being played by a bunch of players with many different hardware configurations, and any change we make to accommodate one hardware set is likely to negatively impact other hardware specs. Right now we are focused on repairing issues and making the game as stable as possible before tackling things that could cause problems. As mentioned before Pox Nora was never originally designed to run on monitors with such a high resolution.