Poxnora Pen and Paper RPG

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Jonny ~ Legendary Raiders, Sep 14, 2014.

?

Would be interested in playing?

1. yes

26.3%
  2. no

5.3%
  3. if you don't totally screw it up i may

68.4%
  1. was bored out of my mind yesterday and started some scribbles in my journal and in a matter of hours I had a pretty decent concept going to actually get a game off of the ground. Being a DM for so many RPGs in the past it kinda is just a hobby to play with what you know. i ran into a few snags but they can be worked out

1. what kind of races would you like as playable races? (obviously restricting actual layable races that can talk an act. arthropods... not a playable race "oh but jason what about k'lizk she can do stuff" yeah but the point of a playable RPG is to make your own character not use someone elses.

2. what classes would you like to see? for example Hekatian's would have two classes to choose from knight and warrior or would you rather there be standardized classes and have the abilities to play as a race that wouldn't normal have access to a class like minotaur priest?

3. what abilities would you like to see?

4. what abilities would you like to have thrown off of a cliff and never used in this format?

2. MEATMAN

MEATMAN Forum Royalty

so we essentially make up our own champ? I wonder if vothsairs can talk...

probably don't want anything like posses (unless it works in a limited number of ways), most of the abilities in the game should be open.

I'll be watching this because I'd definitely be interested.

3. It would be along the idea that if you choose to be a wizard you would be able to cast spells available to your faction within limits of course... warriors would be able to have additional abilities like power strike our multi attack.

4. I loved all of what you just said

5. Emries

Emries Devotee of the Blood Owl

1. Draksar
    2. Knight, Priest, Paladin, Footman instead of Brute
    3. Attack: Physical, maybe Attack: Magic/Acid/Fire if Priest / Priest-Knight.
    4. Furious Attacks, I can't be bothered to suffer muscle pain for attacking 10 times in a row in 1 turn :p

6. MEATMAN

MEATMAN Forum Royalty

oh we're doing it in that format huh? ok

1. Demon (only race in UD)
    2. Brute, Warrior
    3. Attack: physical and fire breath if I can have it.
    4. Possession, "MAN, THAT CHASM SURE LOOKS INTERESTING" "please no don't do it!" . "SHUT UP YOU!"

7. Boozha

Boozha I need me some PIE!

1. Firk and Bopper
    2. Classes should be logically restricted, I'll say as much
    3. All of them
    4. Except Domichasm

8. really? hekatian, deep elf, human (extremely limited option), stitched (debatable as playable race), minotaur, goblin, still thinking about vothsair, and vampire (definitely a split faction race), and IMPs.

9. (on races) my thought process so far is to create races for each category: faction, split faction, and factionless: things that can fit into almost any faction such as demi-gods, humans, and angels.
    (on classes) so far considering the massive amounts of classes there are i am considering saying screw classes and let characters progress into whatever on their own. my reasoning behind this was if i created classes i would spend a year alone just making up bonuses to each class and benefits to being them. where as why not be a boghopper battle mage. you want to be a moga priest have at it. a minotaur thief. sure have fun. thoughts on this?

10. here is also another question faction bonuses? people hate them, people love them. obviously most would need to be completely redone for this game as there is no cooldown (FW) or noragen (FS)
    what faction bonuses would you like to see? and why?

11. Boozha

Boozha I need me some PIE!

I don't think faction bonuses would be necessary or helpful

12. keep in mind you would be fighting mass hordes of things that already exists in this game for no other reason than a dungeon master said so. so an extra 2 dmg (UD) or +ap (KF) would be really helpful when you need it when you and 4 others are facing 12 enemies at the same time.

13. also leaning twords the 3D6 system for hit and miss

3d6 system.
    - when attacking roll three d6 to determine hit
    as long as there is at least one positive roll and that roll is not out numbered by the negative rolls the attack hits.
    - positive rolls: 5 and 6
    - negative rolls: 1 and 2
    - two positive rolls (great hit): +2 dmg
    - three positive rolls (critical hit): x2 dmg

14. Emries

Emries Devotee of the Blood Owl

A defense bonus for Draksar would be helpful. I'm thinking Drakkies would be one of the sturdier classes with average hp, higher def, and regeneration but less damage viability and lower speed - kind of a bruiser tank :p

15. MEATMAN

MEATMAN Forum Royalty

I was thinking more of what was on each card and didn't check to really look.

oh man, can I be a vothsair? I figured they'd be too big. think of a vothsair with firebreath for a second...

16. I dont see any reason why not, Grimlic wouldn't use them to guard the peaks of Mt. Belkairon if they didn't have some semblance of ability to be independent. Maybe along the lines of halving their size for playability via half-ling or runt of the litter kind of thing. there unfortunately is no fluff or lore on their exact size. unless @Senshu knows anything or anyone that would know of how to obtain such information.

17. Maybe just for basic purposes we should stick to 1x1 races for the time being until we get more info on that.

18. I am almost done with enough of the game to run a alpha test this will consist of me and some IRL people and family barring a serious failure and redrawing of the idea I will be pumping out an beta test anyone interested in trying it out?

19. SPiEkY

SPiEkY King of Jesters

I'll probably be down

20. MEATMAN

MEATMAN Forum Royalty