POXNORA

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by anwar, Jun 27, 2014.

1. Authyrtyr

Authyrtyr The King of Potatoes

@SireofSuns Um... I know the most recent one has a thread in the General Discussion board. Other than that I'd recommend shooting @Moles1909 a PM or checking out the Poxnora_live twitch channel, all their videos are archived there.

2. StupidJerk

StupidJerk I need me some PIE!

Being nice is all well and good, and I'm not accusing you of being a whiner, as I've seen you offer constructive criticism in multiple threads. That said, the people who think this is the final change, starting threads saying it's the end of Poxnora, or flat-out insulting DOG are not being constructive, nor do they pay the least bit of attention to those who keep telling them that it's only the first step. Since those people are apparently unable to pay attention to their own threads, with replies springing up with bright red numbers in the forum head, most likely won't be put any more at ease by an additional disclaimer.

I'm sorry if you feel insulted by what I've said, but the fact remains that somebody as active as you had plenty of opportunities to see and read that the revamp will be an ongoing process. Ask for change all you want, be unhappy all you want, those are both perfectly natural things. Just don't pretend that there wasn't a warning.

DarkJello likes this.
  3. iodomy

iodomy Member

Can you give us a ballpark for when you think would be a good time to check back? I'm totally prepared to accept that this is a work in process and that maybe you guys will eventually hammer out something cool, but right now it looks like you have no idea what you're doing and what you've released isn't interesting enough to play.

So how long would you suggest discontented players give it before checking back to see whether things have improved?

4. KTCAOP

KTCAOP I need me some PIE!

5. Senshu

Senshu Administrator Octopi

It is hard to say at this point because these things take time, especially when it comes to individually tweaking runes. Probably the best suggestion would be to keep an eye on the Patch Notes section of the forums, and see if something catches your eye.

6. Sirius

Sirius I need me some PIE!

@Senshu , I know it has been said many times that the process would still be ongoing, but I think it was perceived wrong because you guys kind of said "this is the revamp". Had you announced it from the start as "this is just part of it -the framework-, the ACTUAL revamp continues", like specifically calling "the revamp" the whole thing (including the ongoing tweaking), then things might have gone a bit more smoothly with player perception. The reason I say this is because I actually talked to a player in game who was dissapointed that the revamp turned out like this and he perked up when I said "no, the revamp is not done, just ~ 50% of it, it continues". And it seems to work like this with many players.

I don't know what the actual meaning of "revamp" is supposed to be, but to players it seems to imply that the game is in a more finalized state than it is, so they get sad that things "will change a bit, but not much". Which can't be true seeing as there are many themes to reconsider aside from all the individual tweaking etc..

7. Baskitkase

Baskitkase Forum Royalty

Goodles mentioned on the Q&A that he'll eventually be sending out an email blast as well. If you havent come back before that happens, I'd try then.

8. Baskitkase

Baskitkase Forum Royalty

You are just arguing semantics. I would advise listening to the lastest Q&A with Moles and Gedden, you'll be plenty informed afterwards and realize there is no need to argue how something might have been read on interweb forums where you can read stuff 10 different ways.

He specifically mentions "framework has been laid". When is the last time you've driven by a house being constructed, you see the foundation and framework up, do you consider it finished? Obviously not, which is just a small example of the clarification laid out in the Q&A.

And, if you just got to use your quotes, "the revamp" is done and now its time to "adjust and readjust" "the revamp" until a time when "everything is as balanced as it can be" and we "start playing on a regular basis without bugs or imbalanced interactions".

"Love,"

Bakki, aka "Biscawssy"

DarkJello likes this.
  9. Sirius

Yes, I WAS arguing semantics. I did not even claim otherwise. Semantics do still influence player perception. I know people would still have reacted the way they did. What I am saying is that they might have done so to a lesser degree had they perceived "the revamp" as less finalized than they did and that I think not calling just that one part of it Revamp would have helped. As for reading stuff 10 different ways, I would normally agree this is true but again, it seems in this case most players perceived the revamp as more final than it is.

And I have already watched a large chunk of the Q&A and it has been useful, but thank you for recommending it, even though it wasn't my level of information in particular that I was bringing up here.

Love,

Sirius, aka Sy

10. Baskitkase

Baskitkase Forum Royalty

I have srs doubt about ur luv.

#dontplaywithmyheartstrings

DarkJello likes this.
  11. DarkJello

DarkJello I need me some PIE!

I believe in evolution. Each and every one of us can observe it in a mall, on the streets, or within a Pox forum.

See above for an example of someone arguing on and on because HE failed to understand what 95% of us comprehended easily.

DoGz has communicated the process very, very, VERY well. Their money. Their time. Big incentives to get 'er done right. +1 to them.

Etherielin and Lauremoon like this.
  12. StupidJerk

StupidJerk I need me some PIE!

I don't think he's trying to say that he didn't understand it, rather that it could have been made easier to understand for others. While an understandable sentiment, I'm still not convinced that many people would have payed anymore attention than they have currently. Hindsight is 20/20, and a lot less is gained from talking about what DOG *could have* done, than talking about what they *should* do.

Sirius likes this.
  13. Sirius

DarkJello, I did not fail to understand. I don't know how I could make that more clear. It seemed to me that most failed to understand. You say that 95% of people comprehended the message easily (I'm really glad it's not 94%). If that is the case, if people really are just upset because of changes to runes they're passionate about and it has NOTHING to do with the message being perceived a bit wrong, then I apologize.

In any case, it would be ridiculous to continue this. If everyone watched/watches the Q&A there should be no worries.

Last edited: Jun 30, 2014
  14. DarkJello

DarkJello I need me some PIE!

Very wise words sir. You don't win the internetz, but I heartily agree.

15. SireofSuns

SireofSuns I need me some PIE!

I apologize for my rudeness, it was unnecessary. And thank you for recognizing my attempts at helping out in the forums (yay! someone noticed!).
    Yes, it is annoying when all people want to do is complain. I am complaining, sure, but I wish there was no reason to. And am happier now that I have been shown that this is not the end.

It's alright, I actually take almost nothing personally. It's more that I get annoyed when I feel something is plain wrong. If you were to insult me, and it was true, I would nod and agree.
    I will continue to campaign for change. Perhaps I will post some of my many (read: 1000+, I am not joking) ideas for rune edits, new runes, even two entirely new factions (with plenty of runes ready to go!). But, I shall wait till I am able, and the time seems best.
    Yes, there was a warning. I, for some stupid reason, just didn't see it. I can't tell you how many times I looked in the forums, and somehow, NEVER saw the warnings. "sigh". Oh well, Now I know better.
    Thank you for helping me with that. :) Don't know how I missed it.