PoxPoints (fully automated tradestore!) -- OFFLINE

Discussion in 'Rune Trading' started by Poxpoints, May 18, 2015.

1. Morfeas

Morfeas I need me some PIE!

Yeah that certainly does put things into perspective :|

2. Karamasov

Karamasov Lord of SL & Master of Challenges

Is PoxPoints ever gonna get back up and running?

3. Morfeas

it'd better, there's a crapload of credit on there

4. Anima26

Anima26 I need me some PIE!

Doubt it

Im still waiting for my outstanding TCGBAY credits...lol.

5. newsbuff

newsbuff Forum Royalty

6. Poxpoints

Poxpoints I need me some PIE!

@newsbuff made me aware of this post.

So as was explained there were some issues with the hosting and I suddenly got a 600usd bill presented (I got most refunded though).

Obviously after that I wanted to start looking for a different host. But my life got fairly hectic and I had to drop it all together for a while. I would first of all like to apologize for everyone who still has credits at the store.

I am planning on reopening the store at some point in the future. But it will take a while (I need funding to make certain changes to the website and keep it running, and frankly at the moment I don't have the money required to do just that, keep in mind I'm just a university student).

Eitherway, I would like to ask some input on people who have used the store in order to improve it when I reopen, so any thoughts on:
    - The premium points system (like it/dislike it/keep it/change it/remove it and why and how).
    - A "mass trade in" functionality (see it as our mass shard program but with better rates as you can use store prices instead of the forge rates) (requires Pox user and password).
    - Possibility to link your own rune checklist with the store to see your personal stock next to each rune (requires Pox user and password).
    - One other thing I would like to fix is the possibility to trade IN/OUT more than 1x of the same rune per trade. (The reason this was not possible was that the "updated price" would not show, as the price changes when a rune gets traded out or in, so it's a fair bit of programming work to fix this).

Cheers,

Josh753

Karamasov and Tweek516 like this.
  7. Morfeas

God bless.

We were made aware of your situation, I don't think anyone has any hard feelings. Glad to hear all is well.

Personally I don't mind when you re-open as long as you do re-open.

I never really liked the premium points system, however I understood why it was there. Honestly I don't feel it should be us to tell you how your economy should be set up (counter intuitive), but obviously having access to all runes with the same currency the way PoxBox does it would be preferable for most of us I feel. I really don't know how that would be viable however, given your stock and possible abuses. I do believe though that you should keep this in business POV and not a "community charity" one; what I mean by this is I would be perfectly willing to go for any trade rates as long as they are obviously better than the Rune Forge ones and approximately equal to the ones PoxBox offers, no matter what system you decide to go with. Basically what I'm saying is don't go soft on us.
    Yes please, and if you could include the latest expansion each time it comes out as well you would make the life of people who buy megaboxes so much easier.
    Yes please, see above.
    Don't care personally.

Thank you for your time.

Poxpoints and newsbuff like this.
  8. darklord48

darklord48 Forum Royalty

Poxbox has 2 currencies too, cash and points. Often runes that are out of stock for points are available for cash. What poxpoints does different is have you convert cash into premium points, or trade in completely out of stock runes for those points. There is more transparency to the system from what I've observed. Unfortunately most don't realize that, which causes the dislike of the two currencies.

Poxpoints, newsbuff and SPiEkY like this.
  9. Poxpoints

Thanks for your input @Morfeas .

To elaborate a little bit on the Premium Point system. It was indeed made to improve the trading experience. As @darklord48 said, it would make runes that are normally available for cash only, available for trade as well.
    I have been considering removing the Premium Points system all together though, as people find it confusing. This does mean that, like PoxBox, Poxpoints will have a "secret stock". This "secret stock" will only be available for cash (something I prefer not to do, but it might be best for simplicity's sake).

Any and all input on the subject of the Premium Points system and the proposed changes is very valuable for me. It gives me insight in how the community would want a store to be like. So feel free to voice your opinion folks.

EDIT: free likes for opinions, that's how it works right?!

Cheers,

Josh753

Tweek516, Qucas and SPiEkY like this.
  10. Morfeas

god, shoulda placed each point in a different post smh

11. VindraxIsMyHomie

VindraxIsMyHomie New Member

Is there any chance at all that there will be an opportunity to use points before playstation account linking becomes a reality?

12. newsbuff

newsbuff Forum Royalty

email [email protected]

13. dragonistear

dragonistear I need me some PIE!

Bump. It's been a while. Is PoxPoints ever coming back?

14. Poxpoints

I am planning on bringing it back after the PS4-launch. As they might also change how the trader works.

If anyone has credits remaining and wants to take them out before that though. Please let me know and I'll make a personal file with your user-names and at the end of the month take a look to fill all of the orders at once.

As you might have noticed currently poxpoints.com will link to an alpha version of a rune maker I made.

newsbuff and Morfeas like this.
  15. Morfeas

Sounds like a solid plan.

16. dragonistear

dragonistear I need me some PIE!

Bump.

PS4 launch has happened; did they change the trading system such that it no longer works?

17. Poxpoints

Sorry for the late answer, this slipped by me!

Running a store means I put a lot of hours and some money into the project (stores barely bring any money in anymore). Aslong as they don't have a functional client, I don't see the use of launching again, so at the moment I'm waiting and waiting and waiting like most other players!

Tweek516 and Morfeas like this.